Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry bout digging up a dead post but who says that the ancients are only 5 million years old? and the milky way gate is the oldest? .

Something Diffrent for the gate would be awsome!!

But will probly be sg-1 gates for budget

Thanks,
    Lynx

Comment

Did ANYONE see the teaser that gateworld posted? Wow, the gate looks really cool, but it doesn't look like it has any symbols on it. The chevrons look totally AWESOME, though.

Here's a link to one of the screencaps of the gate from the teaser:
      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=660&pos=54

Comment

Is it just me or is it kinda...small compared to the Pegasus and Milky Way Gates?

Comment

according to mallozzi its just as big, its probably perspective. i mean, SGC/SGA gate were in a room about as big as the gate, they nearly hit the ceiling . this gate is along a wall in a room where it obviously DOESNT COME CLOSE to the ceiling. both walls are further away, the whole gateroom is 10x bigger than SGC/SGA room.

Comment

we know there are the milky way modle and the pegasus modle but is there a new "universe" modle and if so whats new about it ?

Comment

I just watched the trailer on mgm site and from what i saw it looked like the atlantis gate design?

If that is so i would imagine the rest look the same although i couldnt get a good look at the gate properly, it goes by soo fast Check it out though.
              Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

Yes, as you see in the trailer the Universe gate is quite different in design and colour of the chevron lights, which look white or very light blue and the gate seems smaller but that could be a camera lighting trick or distance shots, but yes the gate model is different.
                sigpic

Comment

They showed it in the "Frantic" clip

It really is a case of blink and you miss it.
                  Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I believe it will turn out to be a ship gate..IE a smaller gate built directly into the ship structure... The Goauld just used regular gates in thier cargo holds.. I am sure the ancients built them into thier ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                      They showed it in the "Frantic" clip

It really is a case of blink and you miss it.

It's smaller has a very different ring design and the color of the chevrons look different as well.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by T1Cybernetic View Post
                        I just watched the trailer on mgm site and from what i saw it looked like the atlantis gate design?

If that is so i would imagine the rest look the same although i couldnt get a good look at the gate properly, it goes by soo fast Check it out though.
                        Spoiler:
                        [/IMG]

At first glance yes it does but when you look closer it is very different.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The gate is not smaller, JM has said himself.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            The gate is not smaller, JM has said himself.
                            He said it seems the same size, he ever said it was.

Comment

i think its perspective. but hey, if you stand next to it, either gate is massive so who cares

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                He said it seems the same size, he ever said it was.
                                He said upclose it seems the same size as both the milkyway and pegasus gates, what's the difference. It may be a tiny bit smaller but if it was a noticable difference he would've mentioned it.

Comment

Working...
                                X