Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Evil Lord Dolemite plots against our heroes...
    Last edited by Shpinxinator; 20 October 2008, 07:55 PM.
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Well, if you're gonna be silly, then it should be the Red Lectroids, escaping once again from the 8th dimension to wreak havoc in a Banzai-less universe.

Comment

In all seriousness though...again I would like to see something practically all power....something that cannot be beaten just postponed

I read a quote recently that I think should capture the essence of the new enemy...

"I have seen my death, Humans need not bother me with it."
        "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
          In all seriousness though...again I would like to see something practically all power....something that cannot be beaten just postponed
          I believe they call that the Ori
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Something so powerful that it doesn't even recognize the efforts the humans make to try and stop it. Or communicate with it. Or even just get out of its way.

I want a villain that will FINALLY put us in our place and show us that we aren't the end-all, be-all of the universe and that it really wasn't THAT long ago that our ancestors fell out of the trees and were too stupid to climb up again.

Pity we won't see that in SGU, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I believe they call that the Ori
              More powerful than the Ori...something that a handy dandy ancient machine would stop

Comment

The SGU team move to a region of space where a very powerful Federation of planets exists. This "Federation" encompasses many planets, but the Federation has been falling apart since it peaked. Maybe the Asgard and other races might be part of this Federation with humans. Maybe the Federation is falling apart because of financial reasons. Very powerful corporate conglomerates would play a big role in this empire. This federation was one founded on good principles, but now the empire has become corrupt (evil). This type of villain might run parallels to what's currently happening to the United States, but taking it to a greater extreme where this space faring empire is built, but financially collapses due to greed.

Imagine something like the villains in the show Firefly or movie the Serenity. At the center of the empire would be a highly technologically advanced megatropolises and throughout the universe there would be numerous planets colonized by this federation with varying levels of wealth and/or poverty. Maybe this region of space doesn't have stargates, but the central government is familiar with them and sees them as a treat to security in the federation, because the evil federation maintains their stranglehold of power by controlling space travel. With this federation we might see things like spacestations (think ds9), etc. Also this federation's ships wouldn't have built in hyperdrive. Instead their ships would use jumpgates that generate hyperdrive windows for the ships.

Who knows, maybe we can even throw in a phantom menace and a rebel movement.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
                -Dow ad

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post

"The systems are impenetrable. There are no weak points. The technology is without flaw. The human element, as always, is riddled with imperfections."
                  -CABAL
                  I loved that line. But I think one of his best was when Slavik asked to to define "favorable outcome".

You probably can't conivnce me that type of AI wouldn't be an at least somewhat effective villian. Especially if he gains a body where he can threaten the ummm "Stargate younglings" (or whoever) directly. Perhaps one that he can control remotely or download away from if destroyed. That would be sort of similar to DCAU Brainiac or the Wraith virus too.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                    "The systems are impenetrable. There are no weak points. The technology is without flaw. The human element, as always, is riddled with imperfections."
                    -CABAL
                    I actually didn't notice that reference to the human element. I must have skimmed over it the first time I read it. Cabal should remember that without the human element there would be no technology.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
                    -Dow ad

Comment

The new enemy should be a race of hyper-intelligent, non-humanoid species that try to control the order of the univers. (sometimes balancing out the universe may infact mean wiping out a planet or two)
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Order of the universe? What's that?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                          The new enemy should be a race of hyper-intelligent, non-humanoid species that try to control the order of the univers. (sometimes balancing out the universe may infact mean wiping out a planet or two)
                          How about a race that is already in control of the universe and has been since before Earth was a blink in the sun's eye and we're only just now starting to get vague hints of their possible existence? The ultimate puppetmasters, playing in the theater of reality (or multiverse, if you prefer, so they can play out ALL the angles).

Silly, dumb, potentially amusing, likely obnoxious as all get-out and never gonna happen anyway.

Comment

brad wright said that there will be no main villian, just a bunch of diff races, and they run into them, like voyager, that is one of the reasons every body was calling universe voyager 90210

sigpic
                            Sig made by squirrely1
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                            *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
                              brad wright said that there will be no main villian, just a bunch of diff races
                              Where did he said that? Do you have a link? I don't recall him saying there wouldn't be main villains in Universe.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                                Where did he said that? Do you have a link? I don't recall him saying there wouldn't be main villains in Universe.
                                Makes sense, though, seeing as the crew is stuck on a ship bouncing from place to place. It makes it a lot easier on the writers, too, since all they have to do is come up with a Villain of the Week and screw continuity and development and all that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X