Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could get into an evil AI, but not one related to replicators. Preferably one that was a singular entity.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I could get into an evil AI, but not one related to replicators. Preferably one that was a singular entity.
      hmm..I suppose it would depend on how that was done. Have to be careful to not get too Borg-like.
      It feels good to be alive.
      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
        hmm..I suppose it would depend on how that was done. Have to be careful to not get too Borg-like.
        I was actually thinking more V'Ger than The Borg.
        That is just my two cents.

Comment

I was sorta thinking more like something of SHODAN or CABAL. Perhaps a little bit of Any animated Brainiacthrown in.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
            How bout some killer tomatoes ?
            Actually that might not be such a bad idea. Maybe a race of plant like humanoids which are able to move. Who knows, maybe their entire technology is based on plant life.

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            perhaps a race that are very old and have and use high tech, but they have forgotten how it works or how to fix it, and it's slowly degrading and falling apart.

or a race with a hive mind like the borg, but completely biological, or perhaps an insectoid race with non sentient workers and warriors but with one sentient queen who controls the workers telepathicaly
            Like the Talons from Earth Final: Conflict, another great idea, but don't use bugs. Can't stand bugs. I don't want to see them on screen.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            enemy who won't be destroyed by another alteran superweapon of doom
            It would be nice if they returned to that story. Maybe explained what exactly the weapons did. Perhaps even go as far as to say that there are dire consequences resulting from the use of that weapon. Maybe some other power in the universe (doesn't have to be ascended beings) noticed the use of the weapon and now this power (like the giests) have begun to move in to fill the vacuum the Ori left behind.

If there were other ascended powers in the universe (not Ancient) it would explain why the ancients can't intervene of affairs in the mortal plane. Maybe there is some type of treaty or non-aggression pact in place among them and intervention would unleash a war among ascended being on a scale far more destructive then the war between the Ori and the Milky Way. Think Doctor Who time war type war where the mortal world is collateral damage. The Ori weren't on the same level as the ancients so they were able to get away with their mortal world activities.

Another idea for a villain, what if the villain was the SGC, from a parallel universe where that evil organization succeeded in taking over the planet earth with their advanced tech. But because of their irresponsibility somehow they end up destroying their universe and so this anti-SGC is forced to travel to another parallel universe. A large number of the evil SGC arrive in the universe with the good SGC. Now the evil SGC is in the good SGC galaxy in force using their advanced tech to try to take over this galaxy with the ultimate goal of taking over earth. Maybe their forming an evil federation? Think Star Trek Mirror universe. This concept might even create a chance to reuse old SGC heroes as villians in Universe, like they did in Star Trek.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
            -Dow ad

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
              What about a couple of races with the same level of technology who fight with each other?
              That's what I wish for too. I wish the arrive in a galaxy that have already its conflicts and political situations. A situation where we dont' know which aliens races is good or evil, but which hates each other deeply because of their long conflictual history. The destiny crew is stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to manage their relations between the warring parties and other species around them.

Related or not to that idea. I wish they make their villain not one-dimentional. They should be aliens people with aspirations and hopes for themselves their races and their family (and children). But which have been endured by longs centuries of war and conflicts, where the only way out seems to the total domination of their enemies and environments. Which make them turn to do some bad immoral things, which must be stopped by our crew.

I wish they are no real big player which are straight up good guys (besides some minor aliens on some planets), beside our Destiny crew. Every aliens in this galaxy should be in some gray area in that department.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

It doesn't matter how will be the next the enemy, but I hope we will have more information about them. I always liked such alien races, when we could see the buildings, the different classes, units and ships and we could understand their history, religion and other social skills. I would like to see some named heroes with back story. For example: Zerg and Protoss are so detailed in StarCraft that if only a single member appears, than we know what is it and where he belongs. I like that they began to bring the Wraith in this way in SG, but the best written were the Ori. We knew enough about theirs servants, theirs plans, theirs society, theirs skills. So I am sure I will remember them for years.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Apes, perhaps? Highly intelligent, sophisticated apes with a nihilistic view of the universe?

Seriously though, any race with a civilization as complex as our own.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I would like to see something metaphysical or paranormal...something on a higher plain of existence than the Ascended Ancients....something not even on their scale of ascension but much much higher...something so vast its unknowable something which can only been seen in it's effects on the universe something like Cthulhu (not Cthulhu himself). Something that is pure evil...not power hungry...not needing to feed to survive...but something that devours everything because it wants to
                    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

What would an ascended nihilist look like? Taking a concept from Star Wars, a being whose belief in complete nothingness and death causes everything around it to literally die. Almost the opposite of an ascended being. pure evil/darkness/death, etc. absent of every remotely good quality.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Parasites? Nope...
                        Vampires? Nope...
                        Evil Cousins of the Ancients? Nope...
                        Evil Cousins of the Asgard? Nope...
                        Replicators that have Ancient Tech? Nope...
                        Replicators that have Asgard Tech? Nope...
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                          Parasites? Nope...
                          Vampires? Nope...
                          Evil Cousins of the Ancients? Nope...
                          Evil Cousins of the Asgard? Nope...
                          Replicators that have Ancient Tech? Nope...
                          Replicators that have Asgard Tech? Nope...
                          humans? Nope...
                          Ascended Beings? Nope...
                          Furlings? Nope...
                          Nox? Nope...
                          Foothold Aliens? Nope...
                          Grace Aliens? Nope...
                          Any one of insignificant SG-1 aliens? Nope...
                          Any one of insignificant SGA aliens? Nope...

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm still in love with the Hunters of the Dawn from the various trilogies by Ian Douglas... which is basically a version of the "destroyer of worlds" concept that's already been suggested. These guys take the Survival of the Fittest theme to extremes, hunting down and eliminating all traces of ANY sufficiently advanced race (space-faring, I think, or possibly just technology in general) under the principle that anything that isn't of the Hunters is an offence unto Nuggan WRONG and must be wiped from the universe to assure the Hunters' position as the supreme and ONLY race in existence. They do fun things like blow up stars and use micro black holes as weapons. There is no possibility of communication or negotiation with them because they are too busy trying to kill you and/or your home system to bother and quite frankly think you are too far beneath them to be worthy of their parlay. All non-Hunter life is nothing but an infestation. Like bugs. Or germs. And they have a giant can of Lysol.

I'd absolutely LOVE to see something like that on SGU, but I know it'll never happen. Audiences need not-very-alien aliens and they need to be able to identify with and understand the bad guy's motives because, apparently, we're not intelligent enough to grasp the concept of otherness.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              I'm still in love with the Hunters of the Dawn from the various trilogies by Ian Douglas... which is basically a version of the "destroyer of worlds" concept that's already been suggested. These guys take the Survival of the Fittest theme to extremes, hunting down and eliminating all traces of ANY sufficiently advanced race (space-faring, I think, or possibly just technology in general) under the principle that anything that isn't of the Hunters is an offence unto Nuggan WRONG and must be wiped from the universe to assure the Hunters' position as the supreme and ONLY race in existence. They do fun things like blow up stars and use micro black holes as weapons. There is no possibility of communication or negotiation with them because they are too busy trying to kill you and/or your home system to bother and quite frankly think you are too far beneath them to be worthy of their parlay. All non-Hunter life is nothing but an infestation. Like bugs. Or germs. And they have a giant can of Lysol.

I'd absolutely LOVE to see something like that on SGU, but I know it'll never happen. Audiences need not-very-alien aliens and they need to be able to identify with and understand the bad guy's motives because, apparently, we're not intelligent enough to grasp the concept of otherness.
                              I doubt there will be any one major enemy, but with SGU's projected formatr, I'm sure a race like that could pop up. Sounds interesting, taking the Wraith to a higher level (the whole technology-intolerance).

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                                humans? Nope...
                                Ascended Beings? Nope...
                                Furlings? Nope...
                                Nox? Nope...
                                Foothold Aliens? Nope...
                                Grace Aliens? Nope...
                                Any one of insignificant SG-1 aliens? Nope...
                                Any one of insignificant SGA aliens? Nope...
                                Ticky? Nope
                                Shirty? Nope
                                Face? Nope
                                Acceptance of Substitutes? Nope
                                "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Working...
                                X