• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
    Ticky? Nope
    Shirty? Nope
    Face? Nope
    Acceptance of Substitutes? Nope
    New, AS-ORIGINAL-AS-POSSIBLE races? Yes.
    Humanoid? probably.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Well...look at it this way...beneath every villain we find a man...and beneath that man we find...his nucleus
      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
        Well...look at it this way...beneath every villain we find a man...and beneath that man we find...his nucleus
        I would have said his stomach. You don't do nothin' you don't wanna do, ain't nothin' phony about you. Keepin' it real, do what you feel. You gotta eat Checkers
        Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 15 October 2008, 07:09 PM.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          I'm still in love with the Hunters of the Dawn from the various trilogies by Ian Douglas... which is basically a version of the "destroyer of worlds" concept that's already been suggested. These guys take the Survival of the Fittest theme to extremes, hunting down and eliminating all traces of ANY sufficiently advanced race (space-faring, I think, or possibly just technology in general) under the principle that anything that isn't of the Hunters is an offence unto Nuggan WRONG and must be wiped from the universe to assure the Hunters' position as the supreme and ONLY race in existence. They do fun things like blow up stars and use micro black holes as weapons. There is no possibility of communication or negotiation with them because they are too busy trying to kill you and/or your home system to bother and quite frankly think you are too far beneath them to be worthy of their parlay. All non-Hunter life is nothing but an infestation. Like bugs. Or germs. And they have a giant can of Lysol.

I'd absolutely LOVE to see something like that on SGU, but I know it'll never happen. Audiences need not-very-alien aliens and they need to be able to identify with and understand the bad guy's motives because, apparently, we're not intelligent enough to grasp the concept of otherness.
          Hands up for that! I wqould love ot see the SGC/Earth get their asses whooped & try to negotiate with an un-negotiatable enemy for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
            Hands up for that! I wqould love ot see the SGC/Earth get their asses whooped & try to negotiate with an un-negotiatable enemy for a change.
            I think an extreme in impossible negotiation could be interesting: A non-sentient microbe that affects people's behaviour as its spreading mechanism. I'd compare it with malaria, which affects mosquitoes' behaviour, or I don't remember which cow disease which drives ants to climb as high as possible on grass, so that cows will eat them.

At first, the crew would believe the infected people (might be, or not, human) are the bad guys, before understanding where the real threat comes from.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

A race divided in two factions. Have the team choose sides, either accidentally or on purpose. Neither side should be completely right or wrong. Having more shades of grey in the division of good guys and bad guys in the Stargate universe would make it more interesting imo.
              sigpic

Comment

I want to see cyborgs.

Possible two races...one that don't believe in technology and have instead embraced a sort of bio-tech that relies on things naturally found in the world or slightly altered using gene alteration for their ships and weapons.

The 2nd race would be cyborgs. Who believe that anyone without cybernetic implants (some of them would go really crazy about it, nearly being all robotic) is a lesser being.

the two races would constantly battle over their beliefs, one believing the other is lesser of the two.
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                  The 2nd race would be cyborgs. Who believe that anyone without cybernetic implants (some of them would go really crazy about it, nearly being all robotic) is a lesser being.
                  and a replicator would be their god.
                  ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by luckygate View Post
                    Humans that posess technology more advanced than us but lower than the Lantians and the Unkown alian race that Sam encountered when she was on the Promethious alone. (we met them already maybe we should get to know them). Maybe a race that views the ship thats been planting the stargates as a precurser to an invasion force to thier Galaxies. Lantians that split from Atlantis or Earth to do thier own experiments and didn't agree with the way of life of the Ori or the Lantians and went there sepearte ways... (its been done yes but they don't have to be all that bad but they don't have to be good eather and the don't need to have the same arcitecture/ideolagy/morals as we or the Ori or the Lantians had think barbarians with major tec like the Gua'uld mixed with Klingons and the Sith. Or a race viewing the universe as toy that they want to break rebuild and break again and repeat.
                    well here's a thought. why dont we call these guys....
                    the race we created when we ran out of ideas. hmmm. has a ring to it.
                    sigpic
                    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                      Chuck Norris should be the next great villain.
                      nice idea.
                      sigpic
                      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

well what i was thinking is that we could have a race called the Malethaci. yes the exact same evil race from the virtual series of Stargate Destiny. i mean if you think about it it really is a good idea and all the info on the race can be found at www.sg-universe.net
                        the reason i chose i chose this race was because of their ships-they are HUGE!!
                        they are the size of CITIES about the size of Atlantis and they have dozens of them.but they also hve smaller ships which they also use.

Comment

How about an underdog villian that isn't perceived as the most serious threat at first but keeps defying the odds to stamp them out and causing lots of problems. But then, is the show really conducive to having a recurring villain at all?
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

How about the Return of Kinsey????

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              How about an underdog villian that isn't perceived as the most serious threat at first but keeps defying the odds to stamp them out and causing lots of problems.
                              Agreed, that's what made the Genii so great: No super-evolved tech, not even space ships, but even more threatening than the wraith.

But then, is the show really conducive to having a recurring villain at all?
                              Agreed, it doesn't look that way.
                              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                              sigpic

Comment

How about Cyborg/Goa'uld sort of creatures, somewhat like the Advisers from Half-Life 2, that started out as humanoid but over many tens of millions of years evolved/degenerated into small slug-like creatures whose only method of interaction with the world is through cybernetically controlled exoskeletons. These creatures, whatever they would be called, are completely dependent on their (admittedly, extremely advanced) technology to survive and would probably die within minutes without the life support provided by their encounter suits. They would probably be highly dependent on AIs, as they have decay mentally as well as physically, and (as a gift to the show's budget and casting departments) would fight mainly through the use of brainwashed human/Alteran slaves. Their hyperdrive technology would be at least at Alteran levels, if not beyond, allowing their empire to span many galaxies, and they might even have specialized "Jumpships" capable of carrying warships across intergalactic distances instantly (so that they can be a persistent threat to the crew of the Destiny).

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                "The systems are impenetrable. There are no weak points. The technology is without flaw. The human element, as always, is riddled with imperfections."
                                -CABAL
                                "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                                - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                                - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                                - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
                                X