Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think SG1 had villians that were a bit of push over compared to Atlantis. SG1 had more humour because if it. I think Richard Dean Anderson (O'Neil) could see sci fi for what it is - all things to all people. No way was he going to 'be afraid' of 'aliens'. Atlantis did it a bit differently as in much more evil aliens with a much more limited scope for 'taking the piss' as we say in the UK. Universe has not even decided which way to go on this score though I do like the 'non English' speaking aliens. Never had these on SG1. Borg were good baddies (very limted scope for any humor) and the latest V series is very tense and has some seriously nasty lizards to root out and kill - again absolutely no humour. Quite simply for me that is what made SG1 so F'ing good - over the top 'bad people' with plenty of scope for humor. I well remember O'Neil, discussing to what Anubis would do to the people of Kelowna. He said: Da Da Da Dar!! as in the start of Beethoven's fifth I think - what can you but laugh and keel over.

Comment

Working...
    X