This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    How about non-humaniod enemies ? Ever put syrup over your pancakes ? (If you haven't, ye don't know what you are missing.) Well, imagine syrup that was alive and sentient. (I'm thinking there would be solid cells inside the liquid, with the liquid serving as connection, linking the cells to form a brain.)
    Like the changelings from Star Trek: DS9 (I.E. Odo). They were pretty much liquid that was able to take on various forms. We'd get the Stargate version of goo except they'd be a little easier on the eyes.

Maybe we might also see those unidentified aliens the SGA team encountered in that episode The Daedalus Variations where the SGA is trapped a version of the Daedalus with the alternate reality drive.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
    -Dow ad

Comment

Chuck Norris should be the next great villain.
      That is just my two cents.

Comment

Please, for the love of God, let there be some proper bad guys for SGU. The Goa'uld for a little too "soft" for me. The Wraith? Had high hopes for them, but they went downhill once they introduced the "Asurans", who could've been an excellent couple of bad guys, except the writing had a lot to be desired (Even though S5 has been very good in my opinion).

They need a proper race of bad guys. They shouldn't even be scary, but should definitely give the feel that you definitely don't want to mess with them, ever, and should probably be a murderous bunch of SOB's, highly advanced. I thought the Dominion arc in DS9 was excellent, and I hope that SGU's bad guys follow a similar formula in terms of story and development, but with the drama of BSG (Of course, keeping the humour in Stargate that we all love).

Comment

No bad guys please.

Comment

What about a couple of races with the same level of technology who fight with each other?

Comment

Originally posted by skydragon786 View Post
              Please, for the love of God, let there be some proper bad guys for SGU. The Goa'uld for a little too "soft" for me. The Wraith? Had high hopes for them, but they went downhill once they introduced the "Asurans", who could've been an excellent couple of bad guys, except the writing had a lot to be desired (Even though S5 has been very good in my opinion).

They need a proper race of bad guys. They shouldn't even be scary, but should definitely give the feel that you definitely don't want to mess with them, ever, and should probably be a murderous bunch of SOB's, highly advanced. I thought the Dominion arc in DS9 was excellent, and I hope that SGU's bad guys follow a similar formula in terms of story and development, but with the drama of BSG (Of course, keeping the humour in Stargate that we all love).
              So what do you think about the Ori? Where they good villains? But the Dominion weren't really "evil". When I think of truly bad bad guys I think of the Nazis. Think Indiana Jones trilogy (I mean the first 3 movies excluding 4 which had no Nazis) and Hellboy 1 were really villainous villains.

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
              What about a couple of races with the same level of technology who fight with each other?
              I was think, how about a race who wants to take over the Destiny. They want to take over the ship so they can use the Stargate manufacturing tech on board to turn the Stargates into weapons by converting them into quantum singularity generators (black holes). It's kinda like what happened in the Farscape movie Peacekeeper Wars, but using stargates. If they really are two ships, maybe they already have one.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
              -Dow ad

Comment

How bout some killer tomatoes ?
                Tst

Comment

enemy who won't be destroyed by another alteran superweapon of doom
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

perhaps a race that are very old and have and use high tech, but they have forgotten how it works or how to fix it, and it's slowly degrading and falling apart.

or a race with a hive mind like the borg, but completely biological, or perhaps an insectoid race with non sentient workers and warriors but with one sentient queen who controls the workers telepathicaly
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

One of things I am looking forward to about Stargate Universe is that we should get to see a much wider range of aliens. When Brad and Rob pitched it as a more expensive series, I think it was so that we could see better alien sets and races. And, we should get a bigger variation because of the way the ship is travelling, which is cool. A chance to see lots of different species.

I would like to see a humanoid (not human) race that is very militaristic, a little bit like the Daedalus Variations aliens but smarter and even cooler, better tech etc. The heist from First Contact gives an indication, coming in, getting what they want, and getting the job done.

Also, I hope there is a chance for more races in a grey area, not bad or good.

Comment

skrew the ancients over - they were not the only race around.

at the moment ascension is like the ultimate goal . .

why not go back afew steps . . and introduce more mysteries . . HECK make them find another great 4 races ( completly new ones) or make it a massive group of them ( a federation) , viola more mysterious to come if they really wanted to ( and i don't want this) the furlings could be apart of that federation ( i think that would be stupid)

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          enemy who won't be destroyed by another alteran superweapon of doom
                          seconded
                          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                            seconded
                            motion carried!
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist View Post
                              The destroyer of worlds
                              1. that is soooooo cool

2. I think they might be too powerful for the crew of the Destiny to take on

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                                this idea is so cool and it's probably what will happen because it's just impossible for like 4 people to win huge wars or to defeat very advanced enemies or something...

they will probably 'fly' around the front lines of the 'galactic war between 2 races' and make ppl paranoid and aggressive to them, at least in the beginning before kinda joining one side.
                                ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Working...
                                X