Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    I'm not talking about stopping all promotion in its tracks. Not that.

I'm just thinking they need to lighten up on all the new details they keep releasing. Like the love scene communication device comment. And all the stuff Carlyle said in that last interview.

Trailers, appearances, talking about their characters is great. That's promotional and they should keep doing it so as to keep introducing new people to the concept of the show. But releasing more and more information about plot details.....eh.....I guess it's just not something I personally am into.

EDIT: Also, I would like everyone to note this momentous occasion...
    I agree with you in this case. I think they should definitely hit promotion pretty hard, but I can do without new plot details each new interview. As it stands, I'm interested to see what parts of "Air" will actually be a surprise at this point (plot-wise). Obviously, the execution of it all will be the part I'm most looking forward to
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

so i dont know if this has already been posted or talked about on here but i found a trailer on syfy that aparently is from comic con...but is quite different than the one GW posted a few weeks ago.
      heres the link...sorry if im a little behind with this.

http://video.syfy.com/index/stargate...ailer/v1139033

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
        so i dont know if this has already been posted or talked about on here but i found a trailer on syfy that aparently is from comic con...but is quite different than the one GW posted a few weeks ago.
        heres the link...sorry if im a little behind with this.

http://video.syfy.com/index/stargate...ailer/v1139033
        Yeah, it was talked about a while back. Still, It's a very cool video and gave us cool new clips
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          Yeah, it was talked about a while back. Still, It's a very cool video and gave us cool new clips
          alright cool...just wanted to make sure.iv missed a whole of information lately.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
            You didn't miss me????
            Yes...yes we did!

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
            I don't know your opinion on the Jack/Sam relationship, but I believe that was the best romance out of the franchise, especially believable.

It didn't seem forced and has developed over MANY seasons...Not forced as it was in one season of Atlantis...
            Well, as far as we know...Jack and Sam don't have a relationship. Its just been hinted at but never confirmed. So, it was never a "blow me off of my feet" relationship.

Whereas, I think there may be potential for this on SGU as long as its done right.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm just thinking they need to lighten up on all the new details they keep releasing. Like the love scene communication device comment. And all the stuff Carlyle said in that last interview.

Trailers, appearances, talking about their characters is great. That's promotional and they should keep doing it so as to keep introducing new people to the concept of the show. But releasing more and more information about plot details.....eh.....I guess it's just not something I personally am into.

I agree with you in this case. I think they should definitely hit promotion pretty hard, but I can do without new plot details each new interview. As it stands, I'm interested to see what parts of "Air" will actually be a surprise at this point (plot-wise). Obviously, the execution of it all will be the part I'm most looking forward to
              I'm with you too. I read spoilers because I have no patience but I think their is a limit. I think the major release of spoilers is why people called Atlantis "predictible." So at this point we have an idea of the premise of the show and we are starting to understand the characters. Let leave it at that. We don't need to know episode plots or season long arcs. It is my opinion absence of this knowledge makes a show more entertaining
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I'm with you too. I read spoilers because I have no patience but I think their is a limit. I think the major release of spoilers is why people called Atlantis "predictible." So at this point we have an idea of the premise of the show and we are starting to understand the characters. Let leave it at that. We don't need to know episode plots or season long arcs. It is my opinion absence of this knowledge makes a show more entertaining
                It is certainly good to know a few teaser tidbits along the way but knowin the full bloody story kind of ruins the fun!
                sigpic

Comment

Just because we don't know about Sam/Jack for certain now, they have certainly had feelings in the past. As for Atlantis, there was some sparkage between Carson and that Hoffan doctor... Pirna, I think? But that was mainly done to make it sadder when she died.
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Personally i cant say that i've read anything that i class as really spoiler-ish yet and im pretty sure that i've read everything. For example the RC interview on sci-fi wire, while yes there was some tidbits about certain things, but for know the concept of a given episode isnt really a spoiler. For me if someone said in episode X, which is about A is fine with me. But if it was in episode X, which is about A, and that happens is events B,C,D,E, then that a spoiler. At the end of the day everyone is different.

On a quick side not for SGA, is wasn't the major release of spoilers the reason why people called Atlantis "predictable.", it because over half of the story's had been recycled from SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                      Personally i cant say that i've read anything that i class as really spoiler-ish yet and im pretty sure that i've read everything. For example the RC interview on sci-fi wire, while yes there was some tidbits about certain things, but for know the concept of a given episode isnt really a spoiler. For me if someone said in episode X, which is about A is fine with me. But if it was in episode X, which is about A, and that happens is events B,C,D,E, then that a spoiler. At the end of the day everyone is different.
                      That the overstatement of year. As much as I love spoilers it needs to be done in moderation for people to enjoy SGU. Too many will make it too easy for fan connect dots and too few prevents fans for getting interested.
                      On a quick side not for SGA, is wasn't the major release of spoilers the reason why people called Atlantis "predictable.", it because over half of the story's had been recycled from SG1.
                      Even if I felt the the SG1 rehash theory was true (which I don't) doesn't makes something predictible. People have always claimed that The Seer is a rehash of Prophecy. And yet the solutions are different. How is that predictable?
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

That the overstatement of year. As much as I love spoilers it needs to be done in moderation for people to enjoy SGU. Too many will make it too easy for fan connect dots and too few prevents fans for getting interested.
                        No its not an overstatement, no matter what spoilers are out, how they effect/influence people and their enjoyment of any given show is dependent on the person.

Comment

Wait Jel, did you get that SGU avatar as a custom one or regular one?

Thanks!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                            Wait Jel, did you get that SGU avatar as a custom one or regular one?

Thanks!!!!
                            Its a custom. I took the pics Andreas posted in the promotional pic thread. Did some cropping and resizing to make it fit GW's standards.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Its a custom. I took the pics Andreas posted in the promotional pic thread. Did some cropping and resizing to make it fit GW's standards.
                              POOOPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! How many post do you need for custom? Also have you noticed how skinny chloe is.. I looked at the video from the con.. virtually no fat!!!!! She is soooooooooo pretty!!!!!!! CA THUNK KA THUNK!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

OH and by the way, I made official Greer and Young fan social groups if you want to join!!!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X