Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by major davis View Post
    POOOPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! How many post do you need for custom? Also have you noticed how skinny chloe is.. I looked at the video from the con.. virtually no fat!!!!! She is soooooooooo pretty!!!!!!! CA THUNK KA THUNK!!!!
    approx. 2000.

The actual number is known by only Darren
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      approx. 2000.

The actual number is known by only Darren
      You cropped the picture in the wrong place!!! :0 :0

Sorry I just had to.!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Okay. Almost there. Today, I finally trimmed both scripts down to a manageable 51 pages. Next up is the “Print and Pace” stage in which I have Lawren print me up a copy so that I can walk up and down the halls of the production office, script in hand, reading and revising, looking very much like an actor preparing for an audition. I might give both scripts another once-over before Monday but, until then…

Shirt ‘n Tie writes: “I know it’s insanely early, but have any of the actors been approached about doing audio commentary for the eps?”

Answer: Way too early.

Major D. Davis writes: “I heard SGU’s budget was up by 1 million bucks from Atlantis’ budget. So is SGU’s budget 3 million US dollars???”

Answer: Sorry, I’m not about to discuss numbers. However, I will say this – many have erroneously assumed that this was in reference to Atlantis’s FINAL season. It wasn’t. The comparison was being made to Atlantis’s FIRST season. Two very different budgets.

dune knight writes: “ hey joe, since the other guys read your scripts roughly at the same time they are writing theirs; so how are all 22 episodes in-sync in terms of the development of story arc and characters. and how do all of you write for the same character without making them sound different in each script especially for a new show like this.”

Answer: The first three scripts – Air I, II, and III – written by Brad and Robert, are the templates for all future scripts. We attempted to follow through on the various elements (ie. Character voices) that the show’s creators established early on. Once the scripts are completed, Brad and Robert always do a pass to ensure they remain true to their original vision. Also, the more we hear the actors in character, the easier it is to capture their voices. As for the story arcs – we beat out the stories as a team, well aware of what has come and what is coming. It’s not as if one of us will go off and come back with a script in which, say, Eli gets married or one of our major characters is killed off. All of the overall arcs and in-story arcs are discussed prior to going to script. In small instances, Brad and Rob may also tweak and adjust later scripts to reflect earlier developments.

Ascended Tauri writes: “I have a question about script lengths. If I’m not mistaken, the Atlantis scripts would often come in at 60-70 pages, yes? So then, why would you say are the SGU scripts coming is as so much less at around 50 pages? (and with the ‘larger’ font, that would make the difference even greater, would it not?)”

Answer: Atlantis scripts would come in at approximately 60 pages. As for the difference in the SGU scripts – different font, different show.

Paloosa writes: “From what you’ve said, SGU is more character and relationship focused, which means that more script and thus screen time is spent in developing these relationships. Doesn’t that equal less action time and therefore less expense?”

Answer: It’s not as simple as saying more focus on relationships will yield less expensive episodes because something has to happen in these episodes – besides developing relationships. The show is more action-adventure than space opera.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-note-mailbag/
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Comic-Con Part 1: Warehouse, Eureka, SGU Stars!

Brian J. Smith makes an appearance!

:: flails ::
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
            Comic-Con Part 1: Warehouse, Eureka, SGU Stars!

Brian J. Smith makes an appearance!

:: flails ::
            Not sure if it's just me, but his appearance was soo short it wasn't really worth mentioning
            sigpic

Comment

my question is will showtime ever get the series again ? we want better scenes nudity perhaps . or how about swearing ?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffsupersaiyan View Post
                my question is will showtime ever get the series again ? we want better scenes nudity perhaps . or how about swearing ?
                No. Just... no.

Comment

a) I doubt, they're happy with their home at 'syfy'. b) What's better about swearing? c) And as for nudity: "CotG Final Cut". that is all.
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

The nudity was removed from the SG1 premiere for the simple fact that Brad Wright(I think) never wanted nudity in the show to begin with, as it was supposed to be a show you could watch with children, and tbh, I don't think that's gonna change. Even with the "Darker side" to SGU.

As to the swearing, I think minor profanities could be acceptible, but as soon as it turned into "F*** this/ I S*** on your mother/ She's a C***" it would be going way too far. And in some of the situations they'd get into, I could see it being an all out swearing orgy
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, there was hardly any Bryan at all.
                      And I really don't see the point of swearing, it doesn't do anything positive, just makes people madder.
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

lol it just makes no sense not to have it . nothing at all wrong with nudity. why it offends women and some gay men is beyond me. do you people actually go to the beach ? women barley wear any cloths swimming. and swearing is a MUST. it needs to be their. to much combat and no swearing lol thats pretty funny. and being on a ship for a long time and not having sex yeah ok thats gonna happen. you people are funny.

Comment

lol it just makes no sense not to have it . nothing at all wrong with nudity. why it offends women and some gay men is beyond me. do you people actually go to the beach ? women barley wear any cloths swimming. and swearing is a MUST. it needs to be their. to much combat and no swearing lol thats pretty funny. and being on a ship for a long time and not having sex yeah ok thats gonna happen. you people are funny.
                          Noone said that sex/nudity wouldnt happen on a spaceship you were stranded on, just that it is extremely unlikely that it would be shown on film, only hinted at. And I see where you are coming from with the swearing issue, but once again it's down to whether or not its suitable for a "Family show", and whether TPTB would even want it in the show.
                          sigpic

Comment

you people are funny.
                            No, you!
                            No one said there would be NO swearing. And whether or not nudity is shown has no relation to the fact that people will be 'getting it on'. Have you seen the trailers??
                            [edit]Yeah, what Tawny said.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                              No, you!
                              No one said there would be NO swearing. And whether or not nudity is shown has no relation to the fact that people will be 'getting it on'. Have you seen the trailers??
                              [edit]Yeah, what Tawny said.

im funny . lol no you are funny. if you kids are watching this show that normally plays at 8pm or 9pm then you are the problem. put your kids to bed

Comment

im funny . lol no you are funny. if you kids are watching this show that normally plays at 8pm or 9pm then you are the problem. put your kids to bed
                                Sorry, I've got no idea what you are talking about. (Protip: look at the bit in my location that says Australia)

If you want swearing and nudity then buy a mirror.

Comment

Working...
                                X