Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
    Ughh...

I just went to the Syfy forums in the SGU section...How do you think that community is reacting to the trailer...? I get urked with some of these people. Must...control...self...

Still seeing the, "ZOMG! IT's A BSG COPY!", etc.

Heh.

not good lets hope some non sci- fi fans may have been covinced and hope the show its self prove the bsg clone people its not.
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
      Ughh...

I just went to the Syfy forums in the SGU section...How do you think that community is reacting to the trailer...? I get urked with some of these people. Must...control...self...

Still seeing the, "ZOMG! IT's A BSG COPY!", etc.

Heh.
      If you haven't noticed, there is about 1 person in the SGU section of SyFy forums that even bothers to be objective in things they post. Many of them are still stuck in the "Stargate: 90210" phase.

Those that have actually watched all of BSG (i.e. not those people) would see how silly this is. Especially with this last trailer, the similarities are really superficial.
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

You can follow live Twitter update of the SGU panel here:-

http://twitter.com/stargatecommand

Comment

Have people seen the SGU t shirts?? i want one! to i would wear it, but i still want one!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            Have people seen the SGU t shirts?? i want one! to i would wear it, but i still want one!
            What SGU T Shirts link please MWB lol
            Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

Originally posted by SGU Scotsman View Post
              What SGU T Shirts link please MWB lol
              In one of mark savela twitter pics ( http://twitpic.com/bh1il ) of the SGU CC panel, these a guy wearing one in the crowd of the SGU panel

Comment

New Trailer now available!!

http://www.gateworld.net/video/newsa...48429391.shtml

That's what i call a trailer!!!!

Spoiler:
                Eli's Star Wars line = classic stargate humor!
                The ship looks a lot better in that wider shot than the awful picture Darren had on the front page yesterday.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

In one of mark savela twitter pics ( http://twitpic.com/bh1il ) of the SGU CC panel, these a guy wearing one in the crowd of the SGU panel
                  Lol I want one too now
                  Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    I hope they are able to blend in the human/alien feel better though.

When that alien appeared (the one in your avatar) it felt like they just threw him in from nowhere. Up to that point in the show, it was 95% just humans... so it just felt a bit odd.

They didn't really fit into the realm of the show too. We have the ancients seeding the galaxy with life, everyone looks the same... then all of a sudden you see a crazy looking alien that looks like he popped out of Star Wars.
                    There've been several different kinds of alien races in SG-1. Unas, Serrakins, the Foothold aliens and that underwater guy that kidnapped Daniel. It's not new.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Hi Folks

We have a long standing rule that posts from other Forums will NOT be copies and then posted here regardless of content. You are free to post a copy of YOUR OWN WORDS from anywhere. But you will not copy and paste anything that someone wrote elsewhere, be it another thread or another Forum into a discussion thread. That is a Forum Violation and can be a moderation offense.

The copied item has no context, is not meant as part of the discussion in THIS thread and the person posting it has no knowledge of their opinions are being taken and used in a manner they might not have intended.

We at GateWorld can not vouch for the character of any other Forum or message board and the rules they impose, but in THIS Forum we do not allow that. If you would like to discuss something that has been said on another Forum please do so in the many private communication devices available. PM, email, or IM.

Thank You
                      TameFarrar
                      GateWorld Moderator
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi Folks

We have a long standing rule that posts from other Forums or threads will NOT be copied and then posted here regardless of content. You are free to post a copy of YOUR OWN WORDS from anywhere. But you will not copy and paste anything that someone wrote elsewhere, be it another thread or another Forum into a discussion thread. That is a Forum Violation and can be a moderation offense.

The copied item has no context, is not meant as part of the discussion in THIS thread and the person posting it has no knowledge of their opinions are being taken and used in a manner they might not have intended.

We at GateWorld can not vouch for the character of any other Forum or message board and the rules they impose, but in THIS Forum we do not allow that. If you would like to discuss something that has been said on another Forum please do so in the many private communication devices available. PM, email, or IM.

Thank You
                        TameFarrar
                        GateWorld Moderator
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Stuff from twitter:

How familiar were the actors with the previous Stargates? Brian: Not at all. I was a Trekkie. Audience erupts with applause.
                          http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/2823260344

"Will we see non-[Jaffa], non-English speaking aliens?" Robert: we made a blood pact to not have rubber faced English speaking aliens
                          http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/2823109358

Panel question: "Will we ever find out more about the [Furlings]?" Brad: "No." Robert: "Maybe." Craig: "Hmmmmmmmm"
                          http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/2822974740

Good luck to the gang at Comic Con today. I'll be at home, continuing to slog my way through episode 18.
                          http://twitter.com/cpbinder/status/2818357653

Today is a happy day.

Comment

In other news....

How buff is Brian J. Smith, eh?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                              In other news....

How buff is Brian J. Smith, eh?

And he has no issue in taking of his clothes in any of his acting part!

Comment

I didn't notice. I was too busy paying attention to Ming and Elyse

What? Don't judge me
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X