Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The video playing at the booth is 6:25. The new trailer online is about 2:45, and appears to be a shortened version of the same.

The longer version, therefore, may be the "sizzle reel" that Syfy has been talking about, which won't make it online due to rights issues. Anyone at the SGU panel who can confirm if they showed the exactly same thing that is running at the booth?
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
      Ouch. I know some writers who really don't like that sort of thing, but the Stargate crew generally seems like a laid back bunch.
      Thank goodness for that.

Yeah, they seem pretty reasonable. I mean, I don't think a writer would like it very well either if they realize an error in their story later on; they are usually their own worst critics. If the problem brought up is actually an error, then it can only be a good thing for everyone involved.

Comment

Comic-Con: Is Stargate Universe the New Battlestar Galactica?

While there have been two predecessors (Stargate 1 and Stargate Atlantis), Stargate Universe brings a whole new generation of rag tag civilians mixed with military who end up in unknown reaches of the universe trying to figure out where they are and how to survive.

You're thinking you've heard this story before. Earth's been destroyed, humans are on the run. Does that remind you of Battlestar Galactica? Well, unlike BSG, there's a new level of comedy brought to the show by Ugly Betty's David Blue's character Eli. But, he's not the only new face to watch for. While the cast may seem fresh to you, a few old faces will be popping up as well.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...erfeed_kristin

Comment

And to add for those diehard fans who know never to get too attached to the doctors on board, Cooper said, "We kill the doctor right away in this one."
          Ahahahahahahaha!!

I liked this article. Yes, "sheer hotness" is exactly how I'd describe this cast.

Comment

And to add for those diehard fans who know never to get too attached to the doctors on board, Cooper said, "We kill the doctor right away in this one."
            Was Cooper being sarcastic? I ain't sure how to understand his tone with that.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
              Was Cooper being sarcastic? I ain't sure how to understand his tone with that.
              I think he's being serious, we know that the relatively inexperience Tamara is the main medic on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                I think he's being serious, we know that the relatively inexperience Tamara is the main medic on the ship.
                Spoiler:
                Well, if they kill her off...who will there be to take care of the wounded? I mean...that would sure suck for the crew...

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Well, if they kill her off...who will there be to take care of the wounded? I mean...that would sure suck for the crew...
                  Spoiler:
                  That is the point. Tamera is only a medic and yet they need someone with the experence of a doctor
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I mean she'll be the main medic because the doc has died.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      That is the point. Tamera is only a medic and yet they need someone with the experence of a doctor
                      Spoiler:

So when he refers to killing off the 'doctor', he isn't talking about Tamara since she isn't one, but instead killing off a totally different character.
                      Alright, I think I understand it now...

Too much stuff for me to process leads to me getting confused easily.

EDIT:
                      Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      I mean she'll be the main medic because the doc has died.
                      Beat me to the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                        i didn't say that. I mean it's happened what, once before? That's hardly a regular occurrence for stargate.

You seem set out just to make me look like an idiot.
                        Well I'm not.

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                        And all the times we've seen Daniel shirtless. I remember a certain flag.

And I seem to recall seeing Carter in a bra too.
                        It's happened a lot it just doesn't stand out as "over-the-top"
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                          Quick question, the new full trailer we have seems to be shorter than the one Darren mentioned seeing. Also, I've noticed it's labeled "Full Trailer 1". Maybe there's more to come, as this one was only 2min 47sec?

Might explain why we didn't see the:

Spoiler:
                          Scott in the desert jesus scene.

Also, how likely do you think it is that someone got a video of the sizzle reel?
                          It's possible that never happened. Did GW mention that in their article? I don't remember seeing it in the story.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Quoted from that article earlier:

You're thinking you've heard this story before. Earth's been destroyed, humans are on the run. Does that remind you of Battlestar Galactica?
                            Last I checked, Earth's not been destroyed and the humans are not on the run. Was this person being facetious?

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            It's possible that never happened. Did GW mention that in their article? I don't remember seeing it in the story.
                            Yes, it was mentioned in yesterday's GW Comic Con coverage article.
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Here's how the series is going to end in 5 years. The Destiny and gate-pooper ships were launched before the Ancients settled the Milky Way. Final episode, SGU team gates to a planet and begins to explore only to run into a group of Jaffa, Tok'Ra, or another SG Team. They realize the ship reached our galaxy and everyone gates home.
                              THE END.

Comment

Update:

A rare burst of creative energy today! I revised the Tease and Act I of episode 20, getting the latter down to a more manageable 16 pages, then made some significant headway on Act II, shaping up to be a robust 14 pages. All the characters are in play but two so, tomorrow, I’m going to go over what I’ve got and make them a little more prominent, thread them into the existing story a little better. This being the season finale, I think it’s important that all of the characters get their turn to shine.

Word of out of San Diego is that the SGU panel went very well. The fans are buzzing about the show and, in particular, the new trailer. If you haven’t already seen it, head on over to Gateworld and take a peek: http://gateworld.net/video/newsandfe...48429391.shtml. Again, a huge thanks and congrats to Grey Munford and his team on a job well done.

Today, I leave you with some pics of the Icarus Base interior.
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...e-icarus-base/

Go to the link for many pictures and concept drawings of Icarus Base!

Comment

Working...
                                X