Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm counting down anyway, even though it's not official yet... in my sig spoiler tags
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      I'm counting down anyway, even though it's not official yet... in my sig spoiler tags
      Its still that far away?

This hiatsus will be the death of me
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Its still that far away?

This hiatsus will be the death of me
        You and me both
        sigpic

Comment

I think this huge wait for sgu is just making more excited for it
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
            I think this huge wait for sgu is just making more excited for it
            The wait is killing me. Yeah, I am excited. But on the other hand, I just want to see this already.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Small update:

Kristintaps writes: “…tv guide dude says a source said that there is quality Sam / Jack time in SGU opener..Will you confirm/deny/ or plain ol’ comment??”

Answer: I believe this is a reference to the SG-1 movie and not the SGU opener.

Major D. Davis writes: “[...] 2. If SGU gets a second Season, will it air in the fall, summer, or winter of 2010?

3. What exactly are VFX temps. Are they the “first draft” of the VFX for the whole episode?

[...]

5. Will there be any reacurring/ regular character deaths in season 1 of SGU(or should I rather say, has it been considered).”

Answers: [...] 2. No idea.

3. I guess you can look at them as a first draft or place-holder designed to give anyone watching a visual sense of what to expect from the finished product.

[...]

5. Yep.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/

Comment

I bet its more on the recurring side as character deaths go. That has always been the norm for Stargate.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm going to have a knot in my stomach until I hear that RC has finished filming the full season...
                  sigpic

Comment

He never actually said there would be any character deaths. With Joe's answers you have to read exactly what he says, not what you think they might imply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      I'm going to have a knot in my stomach until I hear that RC has finished filming the full season...
                      Cartyle dying? That is never going to happen. He is too main cast to be killed off
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Cartyle dying? That is never going to happen. He is too main cast to be killed off
                        Oh, but TPTB might follow the fan-favorite trend of killing this person off. You know, just to show that "nobody's safe" *gag*.

I have main cast character death issues...
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                          Oh, but TPTB might follow the fan-favorite trend of killing this person off. You know, just to show that "nobody's safe" *gag*.

I have main cast character death issues...
                          I doubt that. A show rarely kills off the lead character unless their are disputes behind the camera.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I doubt that. A show rarely kills off the lead character unless their are disputes behind the camera.
                            Fair enough. Though that still leaves some of the others on the main cast open as targets. I'm not totally opposed to main cast deaths, but I've never liked the way they're usually done on other shows.
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                              Though that still leaves some of the others on the main cast open as targets. I'm not totally opposed to main cast deaths, but I've never liked the way they're usually done on other shows.
                              I think 24 (or Lost even) is a good example of a show that kills off main characters on a regular basis and does it with respect (usually). I'm fine with killing main characters as long as it benefits the other characters and the larger plot in the process.

Personally though, I'm afraid I'll really start to like a character who is soon killed off in a disrespectful/pointless way. Kinda like Beckett's death, because it didn't really do anything special with the exception of that nice 3-4 minute funeral scene at the end. Other than that, it was just a quick/dirty way to shock the viewers and bring in a new attractive female character to replace him.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Hi I'm Reci. Can't wait for this series to start and even more stoked Lou Diamond Philips is in this series.......so far as the pilot.
                                Jackson: This is a radio. It's so my friends can find me, and shoot you.

Comment

Working...
                                X