Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    I'm willing to bet it's not even sex, just a bit of raunchy kissing but TBH I wouldn't even want that feature in loads of episodes. I can understand it featuring a couple of times in the premiere, people are scared, panicking, some may have seen people they know killed in the attack, comfort is a big thing they'll be looking for.
    This is true
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      And Shan: I thought that thunking was supposed to be based solely on appearance, at least that's what I remember reading a few times waaaay back in this thread.
      I'm not sure what post you're responding to. I don't really pay attention to "thunk" threads.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
        My response to that review (until I get to see the footage for myself) is "it sounds like the reviewer is blowing it out of proportion".
        I'm SOOO glad I'm completely unable to compare SGU to BSG
        I have a feeling any new sci-fi show (at least the ones set in space) is gonna be compared to BSG by the people who loved that show. I don't agree with the critical acclaim and it definitely doesn't match the actual numbers, but it's there regardless and it's gonna happen until something better comes along with the same or more critical success.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
          I have a feeling any new sci-fi show (at least the ones set in space) is gonna be compared to BSG by the people who loved that show. I don't agree with the critical acclaim and it definitely doesn't match the actual numbers, but it's there regardless and it's gonna happen until something better comes along with the same or more critical success.
          Haha, I agree...though it'll be compared to BSG by lovers and haters alike.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
            Haha, I agree...though it'll be compared to BSG by lovers and haters alike.
            I prefer to compare SGU to Farscape. It was dark, had a lot of character moments and most importantly it was awesome.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I prefer to compare SGU to Farscape. It was dark, had a lot of character moments and most importantly it was awesome.
              I've heard Farscape was good. Don't know much about a comparison though, as I never watched it
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                http://www.scificool.com/comic-con-0...verse-trailer/

Good God, everybody’s having sex on this show.” That was my reaction about halfway into the new trailer for Stargate Universe that is being shown at Comic-Con ‘09. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that this is the same trailer the Stargate Universe panel will also be showing. The trailer runs pretty long, and gives you a good idea of how they’re approaching the show. I must admit, there are parts of it that looked better than I had anticipated (I like the flying orb-camera they discover, which allows them to dictate their thoughts like they’re on a reality show or something) though there are other parts where my original fears that this is little more than a bad attempt to turn the Stargate franchise into a Battlestar Galactica clone seemed, well, justified.

Rest at link above
                Well, with all due respect to "Nix", who wrote that article, I don't think I'd trust him as far as I can throw him.

Take a look at what else he's written on the show; you'll get an idea what he thinks of it and the style with which he writes; total sensationalist.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Well, with all due respect to "Nix", who wrote that article, I don't think I'd trust him as far as I can throw him.

Take a look at what else he's written on the show; you'll get an idea what he thinks of it and the style with which he writes; total sensationalist.
                  Good call, and I'm not surprised. Here's a nice gem, reminiscent of some of the SGU bashing that has gone on here:

Great. “Darker, sexier, more character-driven story”. Why don’t they just come out and say, “We’re trying to ride the coattails of Battlestar Galactica.” Sheesh. The more I see and hear about this show, the more I realize I might not like it. And me not liking a Stargate show is, well, it’s gonna be a first, I’ll tell you that.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

I've heard Farscape was good. Don't know much about a comparison though, as I never watched it
                    You should.

Lots of humor but also a lot of dark/compelling stuff. Fantastic show. I think it's fair to compare SGU to that one. Although, I doubt SGU will be as crazy and 'out there' with it's humor as Farscape was.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                      You should.

Lots of humor but also a lot of dark/compelling stuff. Fantastic show. I think it's fair to compare SGU to that one. Although, I doubt SGU will be as crazy and 'out there' with it's humor as Farscape was.
                      Haha I'd love to, but I don't want to shell out money for the box sets. Maybe I can find someone who owns them

Nice to hear from actual Farscape fans though, as the BSG comparisons have gotten so old (and I liked BSG).
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice to hear from actual Farscape fans though, as the BSG comparisons have gotten so old (and I liked BSG).
                        I loved BSG as well. Really don't understand all the hate it gets around here (even if you didn't like S4, why ignore it's past moments/achievements?).

And they have. I don't think SGU will be like BSG at all. Doesn't seem to be what they're going for with it. People just latch onto some of the things TPTB and the SyFy people have said about it and Never. Let. Go.
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I do understand the BSG comparison, but in a way i dont get it, especially after SGU was described as "more Lost rather than BSG". And based on what we know about SGU, i can understand the Lost comparison hell of a lot more, than the BSG one.

Comment

I loved BSG as well. Really don't understand all the hate it gets around here (even if you didn't like S4, why ignore it's past moments/achievements?).

And they have. I don't think SGU will be like BSG at all. Doesn't seem to be what they're going for with it. People just latch onto some of the things TPTB and the SyFy people have said about it and Never. Let. Go.
                            That's exactly what happened. Somebody from SyFy said they were looking for a show to "fill the hole" left by BSG.

Comment

You should.

i agree i doubt they will match or even try to be crazy and out there with there humor but i think people need to understand....Farscape was awesome.....and had its fair share of sex and relationships.....just throwing that out there so people realize sex doesnt make teen drama or bsg clone.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                                i agree i doubt they will match or even try to be crazy and out there with there humor but i think people need to understand....Farscape was awesome.....and had its fair share of sex and relationships.....just throwing that out there so people realize sex doesnt make teen drama or bsg clone.
                                If SGU is "out there" like Farscape...I doubt if I'll be watching. It just wouldn't be stargate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X