Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    So Ausiello is going to interview some of the SGU cast, i wonder how long he can go with out snark???
    My thoughts exactly...this may not end well
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      I wondering if its to much to ask for complete professional journalism?

Comment

I wondering if its to much to ask for complete professional journalism?
        For him? Yes.

Also, I'm interested in this comment:

*Comic Con coverage spoilers*

Spoiler:
        "Also, did I mention people seems to be having lots of sex on the show? I mean, there is about 30 seconds of the trailer where they showed nothing but people getting it on. I gotta say, this incarnation of Stargate Universe may NOT be for the kiddies, kiddies."

http://www.scificool.com/comic-con-0...verse-trailer/

Because....

*Relatively big spoilers if you've been avoiding Comic Con coverage*

Spoiler:
        I'm wondering if there is more going on than we've seen. For example, we've seen three separate intimate scenes related to SGU so far.

1) Scott and a girl who looks to be Vanessa James doing...something in that SyFy 2009 promo.

2) Scott and a girl who is almost assuredly Chloe, presumably about to kiss.

3) Tamara kissing an unknown guy.

These three scenes could easily be the estimate of the "30 seconds of trailer" he's talking about.

Now, anyone who knows my posts here knows that I'm not the type to get offended by sex or intimacy on a show. However, I'm very curious (and, admittedly, a bit skeptical) at the execution of these scenes and whether or not they'll be believable in context. I'll reserve final judgment for when I see it air though.

Still, I do find it interesting that only the Chloe/Scott one was something that David and Darren mentioned in their Comic Con report. They certainly didn't give the impression that the show was all about sex like this guy was.

Anyways...just my rambling
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Well i suggested a sex addict character a while ago.......

Spoiler:
          at this rate, looks like Scott mite fit the bill!!

Comment

Well i suggested a sex addict character a while ago.......

Spoiler:
            at this rate, looks like Scott mite fit the bill!!
            Spoiler:
            Lmao, this would be...interesting
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Such is the norm with EW unfortunatly. They have had very little respect for Stargate since day one. So I have no doubt if he does get information about SGU it will be snarky but that information will probably already been recieved by the GW people who go to Comic Con
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:
                Lmao, this would be...interesting
                Spoiler:
                add to the fact that Brian doesn't mind/quite likes taking off his clothes, makes his character the easy choice to!

Comment

Wow i like the look of the Destiny even with that
                  Spoiler:
                  Blue glowing light round it anyone know if they were in hyper space or just going very fast

Also like this new
                  Spoiler:
                  Balcony area will make for some interesting scenes

Anyone else have any more information on the Destiny the wish to share
                  Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

Good God, everybody’s having sex on this show.” That was my reaction about halfway into the new trailer for Stargate Universe that is being shown at Comic-Con ‘09. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that this is the same trailer the Stargate Universe panel will also be showing. The trailer runs pretty long, and gives you a good idea of how they’re approaching the show. I must admit, there are parts of it that looked better than I had anticipated (I like the flying orb-camera they discover, which allows them to dictate their thoughts like they’re on a reality show or something) though there are other parts where my original fears that this is little more than a bad attempt to turn the Stargate franchise into a Battlestar Galactica clone seemed, well, justified.

Rest at link above
                    HMMMM I'm really not too happy about the Sex part, I mean really, relationships yes, tons of sex, NOOOOO!!! I really don't want this to be like BSG bed wise. I mean trailers a way of blowing things out of proportion, like it may just be one lonnnnnngggg scene in bed in one episode so I will have to reserve judgment till I watch the show but I am NOTTTT liking what i hear from this article!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

For him? Yes.

Also, I'm interested in this comment:

*Comic Con coverage spoilers*

Spoiler:
                      "Also, did I mention people seems to be having lots of sex on the show? I mean, there is about 30 seconds of the trailer where they showed nothing but people getting it on. I gotta say, this incarnation of Stargate Universe may NOT be for the kiddies, kiddies."

Because....

*Relatively big spoilers if you've been avoiding Comic Con coverage*

Spoiler:
                      I'm wondering if there is more going on than we've seen. For example, we've seen three separate intimate scenes related to SGU so far.

1) Scott and a girl who looks to be Vanessa James doing...something in that SyFy 2009 promo.

2) Scott and a girl who is almost assuredly Chloe, presumably about to kiss.

3) Tamara kissing an unknown guy.

These three scenes could easily be the estimate of the "30 seconds of trailer" he's talking about.

Now, anyone who knows my posts here knows that I'm not the type to get offended by sex or intimacy on a show. However, I'm very curious (and, admittedly, a bit skeptical) at the execution of these scenes and whether or not they'll be believable in context. I'll reserve final judgment for when I see it air though.

Still, I do find it interesting that only the Chloe/Scott one was something that David and Darren mentioned in their Comic Con report. They certainly didn't give the impression that the show was all about sex like this guy was.

Anyways...just my rambling
                      Then again this guy has seen the "Sizzle reel" SGU, we have only seen 30 second trailers.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                        Then again this guy has seen the "Sizzle reel" SGU, we have only seen 30 second trailers.
                        I don't follow
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                          HMMMM I'm really not too happy about the Sex part, I mean really, relationships yes, tons of sex, NOOOOO!!! I really don't want this to be like BSG bed wise. I mean trailers a way of blowing things out of proportion, like it may just be one lonnnnnngggg scene in bed in one episode so I will have to reserve judgment till I watch the show but I am NOTTTT liking what i hear from this article!!!!
                          Leseson #4 about fandom. Critics always go overboard in describing something. The sex line is probably a jab on how SGU is suppose to be more character based which would actually lead to more relationships for SGU. And yes relationships can and does lead to sex I highly doubt the TPTB will make it a major point like they TPTB of BSG did
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Leseson #4 about fandom.
                            What are the first three? No...let me guess:

#1 Fans always overreact.
                            #2 You can never please all the fans.
                            #3 Bah...what's 3?
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Leseson #4 about fandom. Critics always go overboard in describing something. The sex line is probably a jab on how SGU is suppose to be more character based which would actually lead to more relationships for SGU. And yes relationships can and does lead to sex I highly doubt the TPTB will make it a major point like they TPTB of BSG did
                              I agree with Jel here the TPTB will not or should not show sex in every episode for me I highly doubt that is going to happen"

I just don't think the TPTB of SGU will be like that just MHO
                              Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

I'm willing to bet it's not even sex, just a bit of raunchy kissing but TBH I wouldn't even want that feature in loads of episodes. I can understand it featuring a couple of times in the premiere, people are scared, panicking, some may have seen people they know killed in the attack, comfort is a big thing they'll be looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X