Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duneknight writes: “Will the Kino webisodes be available to people living outside of the US?”

Answer: According to the studio, eventually, yes.
    I dislike that word. It's nearly as bad as 'to be continued'
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Not really. I mean seriously in a sex scene how much do we really see. Just two people moving around under a blanket. Its not really going to put me off its a homosexual relationship. Being a heterosexual I would prefer a straight sex scene but its not like a lesbian one is gross me out.
      As long as it is tasteful, I will be fine with it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        As long as it is tasteful, I will be fine with it.
        By that you mean.........?
        sigpic

Comment

Crayonbaby writes: “Who writes the summary of a character that they are sending to casting?”

Answer: From now on, we do!
          lol
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
            lol
            Seconded. They must be getting fed up with these 'incidents' caused by casting summaries.
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

I would be shocked and disgusted. Why? Because I hate shipping on shows. The who with whom and when and how many times etc. is not my things. I want adventures, fun, kicking butt, blowing stuff up. If I wanted romancing, I would watch a soap, not a scifi adventure. And with these writers? With these people who gave us Teyla and the nonexistent!Kanaan? Craddle-robbing McKellerism? Eww. Ewwwwwww! They should leave shipping to fanfiction.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                It was a girl using a guys body to kiss a guy. How is that lesbian?
                Laura Cadman kissing Mckay Katie Brown in Mckay's body, is two women kissing which can be defined as a lesbian kiss (Everyone always goes straight to the Cadman (Mckay)/Beckett kiss in "duet" and forgets everything else. On a side note that episode raises some of the same questions as the LCD, but i cant say Ive seen anyone ever complain about that episode)

Also you keep diverting the question. I mean I know there would be an uproar. I'm pretty sure you would be complaining. Be honest guys.

Why would i be complaining?? On tv you can watch shows which depict anything imaginable. These people being killed, torchered, raped, drugged, having sex, giving birth etc etc etc. So if i've watched shows dealing with these issue during storyline, with would this one make me complain?

So more sex makes things interesting? Ok fine I admit the sabotage spoiler didn't make me mad.
                No its not more sex that makes it interesting, its the consequence of the situation that make it interesting, at least to me.

So you think there is nothing wrong with homosexuality.
                NO!

Oh and also it is just gross to see two people of the same sex making out. At least for me. I mean and very few TV shows did it. TPTB must have some serious neyneys to do this.
                Having a gay or lesbian character on tv now is nothing new, be they main, supporting or recurring characters. And is becoming increasingly more common. Sometimes it make me thing that Americans would never watch most british tv, when it comes to things like sex and homosexuality.

I need your opinion, I mean I just don't want any bedroom scene, especially
                Spoiler:
                the lesbian one
                , to be drawn out or unnessecarly gratuetous. While I would rather there be no gay romance in SGU, I won't make a fus if its 10 seconds long, they start kissing, next scene. If it's like that then i'm cool. Even though I wished it wouldn't be there.
                Considering that this is the same network that aired BSG, i highly doubt that they will be drawn out or unnecessarily gratuitous, 90% of the time, probably even more since SGU is from a previously more PG production.

The only other thing I am a little frustrated by is that
                Spoiler:
                the ancient body swap thing sex thing happens more than once
                . Doesn't that make you a little frustrated. I mean shouldn't they learn their lesson the first time. I just want you to understand where i'm coming from and to see my side of the story. We have some pretty conclusive concrete facts, and its in that i have my problems.
                Spoiler:
                If the ancient body swap sex thing only happens once(which it won't, and if there was no gay intimacy scenes, I would be perfectly happy and my excitement wouldn't have been shot down.
                We've know from the start that the LRC would play a major part in the storyline and since then it being discussed at various times around the form what this could mean, so it shouldn't come as that much of a surprise. I wouldn't say that we have conclusive concrete facts, we have some sketchy facts at best, since we dont have the full picture or context.

and to quote Ming-Na:

OK. Read your tweets.The sex scenes in SGU are tasteful, discreet, character driven, plot motivated. Boy, that's sound so UN-sexy, eh? lol
                about 2 hours ago from web
                http://twitter.com/MsMingNa/status/3341174495
                Last edited by Madwelshboy; 16 August 2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

More from Ming-Na:

OK. Read your tweets.The sex scenes in SGU are tasteful, discreet, character driven, plot motivated. Boy, that's sound so UN-sexy, eh? lol
                  about 2 hours ago from web
                  http://twitter.com/MsMingNa/status/3341174495

Comment

So you think there is nothing wrong with homosexuality.
                    of course not! they can be just as in love as any of us and it's nothing awful or perverted.
                    When will people understand that homosexuals have no choice in whom they are attracted to? it's love like any other. It's a part of humanity, and as such can find it's place even on the destiny. They see heterosexual sex and love in almost every piece of media, but they don't complain. Just look away if it bothers you.

i imagne the sex on this show to be maybe something as seen in the game Mass Effect. Not all visual, like in Californication, but also not just cut right before it as previously on stargate (apparently). You see some skin, but not the *ehem* "private-area".

btw. i'd have never imagined i'd ever meet a man bothered by lesbian sex.

Comment

Great now everyone can just calm down

Comment

As long as nobody mates with Chloe, I couldn't care less :-)

It is concerning how SGU seems to be centered on the LRC device though. What happened to the Stargate and the Destiny?
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd just like to know why TPTB think that producing racist, ableist, homophobic text is all good wholesome fun for the newest installment of the Stargate franchise.

Is it that they suddenly think that all lesbians really want to have forced sex with a guy? Or just that all quadriplegics are actually just rarin' to go at a freelance romp in the sack with a total stranger when given the opportunity? I'd really like to see their thoughts (if they actually managed to think) were when they came up with this plot.

And before anyone says to wait before I judge it...tell me what universe is this ever right for a family show? But I do plan on watching just to see if they actually have the nads to show actual consequences to the actions of the characters.
                          My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
                          A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                            It is concerning how SGU seems to be centered on the LRC device though. What happened to the Stargate and the Destiny?
                            Brad and Robert assured listeners in my podcast that the stargate will be used in Universe just as much as it was in the other series'.

http://fannishinquisition.com/comic-...iverse-podcast

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
                              Brad and Robert assured listeners in my podcast that the stargate will be used in Universe just as much as it was in the other series'.

http://fannishinquisition.com/comic-...iverse-podcast
                              Indeed. In fact in an interview for SFX magazine, Brad and Robert said that the Stargate will be getting used even far more than it had been in Stargate: Atlantis. The Gate is more than just a tool for exploration in Stargate: Universe...it's also a lifeline for the crew to find supplies to maintain their lives and the Destiny itself.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by kazbaby View Post
                                Is it that they suddenly think that all lesbians really want to have forced sex with a guy? Or just that all quadriplegics are actually just rarin' to go at a freelance romp in the sack with a total stranger when given the opportunity? I'd really like to see their thoughts (if they actually managed to think) were when they came up with this plot.
                                That shows me that you haven't read all of the information about the situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X