Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would hope that the chevrons are NOT green because certain people would take it as validation of the fic series Horizon and would act as it if "proves" that TPTB know all about their series and are granting approval of it by making the chevrons green and no way could it ever possibly just be a coincidence.

I say go for plain ol' white. It can symbolize the purity and spiritualness of wherever they're headed. It could also mean they're traveling in an area far back in the Ancients/Gatebuilders history- so far back that they hadn't even gotten creative with colors yet.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm new here, but i wanted to get rid of my thoughts on the third series as I spend a lot of time thinking over unending and trying to put everything together so it makes sense.

SPOILERS for Unending

Spoiler:

We know the following:
      - The Asgard are gone and provided us with all their knowledge and latest technology
      - Earth is now (or when they figure out their nice new gimmicks)one of the or the single most powerful race in the MW, even though the Ori still have more Ships
      - The Wraith are in no way a match for the new fancy laser beams and the whole "replicate whatever you want, alter time or do whatever else you like" stuff
      - The new series will be something "really different"

So the question is: How can you continue the storyline without just making earth lose it's new tech?
      Another more powerful enemy (Possibly humans - again)? Get's kinda boring i think, as it would result in a lot of cool-looking but still monotone space battles and some crazy old artifact discovered every 10 eps which is used to solve all problems - temporarily of course, because a few eps later we learn that a small number of the enemies or a single powerful one survived and is now stronger than ever, so we have to go and look for a new artifact etc etc

Now you have to assume, that humans from earth are still humans from earth, so we there are two quite plausible solutions:

1. We use our great new stuff to destroy the Ori and because we get bored and everyone's jealous of the USAF's funky toys so we blow ourselves and our pretty planet to pieces, and a small group manages to escape through the stargate. Either by finding a way to activate the last chevron or caused by some unpredictable event right after they step through the gate they arrive at some weird place which turns out to be really far far away (maybe they are attacked by some X-Wings when they get there :-P) and have to find a way home or to find a planet to settle in that new galaxy (or universe or whatever)

2. We use our great new stuff to get rid of our enemies, the Stargate is revealed and everyone is happy because world hunger is no longer a problem, we have a unified planetary government and we can travel the stars, but sooner or later the power of our new equipment corrupts our leaders and we (Yes, that's EARTH) are the powerful new evil race everyone knows has to appear.
      Still, there are people who oppose the new human ways of conquering the galaxy, but they have to flee as they are hunted by the all powerful earth military. They can't be safe in in our area of space so they head for whatever place it is the nine chevron links to, hoping to establish a new, peaceful, yet powerful community of humans and maybe one day come back and help the other Milky Way races defeat their Tau'ri oppressors

Sound's a bit crazy I have to admit, but especially the second solution would be something entirely new, that might help stargate to advance to another level

Comment

Originally posted by Roddy_McKay View Post
        I still think it is the ark. Here is why:

Spoiler:
        It could be that the ark of truth activates the ninth chevron, which helps SG1 defeat the Ori somehow. I think that they are very likely to show how they discover how to use the Ninth Chevron before they have the 3rd series. This would have to be in the movies. Also, if it does time travel, it could be how Baal gets away in Continuum.
        The idea behind the third series was originally going to be a Stargate feature seperate from SG-1 and Atlantis, I seriously doubt that either of the two movies will have anything to do with the third series.

Comment

I really wish they'd delve into Lovecraftian mythology personally. I think it would make the new series more darker and keep it fresh personally. And lovecraftian creatures are far more powerful/godlike and alien than any of the humanoid/bipedal enemies we've had.
          Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
          Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I like the Lovecraftian mythos, too, but their utterly inhuman appearance would make them very unlikely candidates for Stargate, which prefers to use humans in makeup.

Plus, personally, I'd prefer to get away from the god/playing god entities in the next series. How about something like the Hunters of the Dawn from the Heritage and Legacy trilogies by Ian Douglas? They take survival of the fittest to terrifying extremes, eradicating all species above a certain tech level. No warnings, no communication, just show up and wipe all trace of the "infection" that they find in order to prove their superiority and dominance. Anything "other" is wrong on every level and cannot be tolerated.

I've never really bought the whole "humanize the bad guys so people can relate to them" stuff that gets spouted by certain parties. I thought the scary thing about aliens is that they ARE alien and thus incomprehensible and unrelatable to us.

Comment

I thought Coop or someone went on record as saying that the second movie would set up the third series? Which means that an entire movie that COULD be about the continuing adventures of SG-1 is instead going to be wasted on setting up the plot/characters for another series.

Comment

I'll have a hard time getting excited about the third series if it's mostly populated by current TPTB. I haven't been all that pleased with what they've done recently and I'd rather see fresh blood put a new spin on the Stargate franchise.

Comment

Yo, first time caller long time watcher.

Maybe the 9th Chevron doesnt open a worm whole but more or less bends the galaxy/ universe into were a worm whole event horizon forms, thus making it easy to go farther into other dimensions yet ribbles certain aspects of the new universe entering. Maybe that is why we havent seen the Furlings. They are already in the 9th universe and the Ancients moved more like a pit stop in Pegasus incase they had to go back to the Nox or Asgard in our universe

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    Yeah which is why some are worried. If it is done well ie travelling to a different universe I'll have no issue, however I'd rather it be another galaxy.
                    it would also seem kinda of costly to dress a set every week to be in different universes. Thats something sliders had a problem with later on.

Near the end of its run they would just end up near a hotel and then explain but not show, the differences between the worlds or it was studio backlot. I still remember the finale episode being the universal lot from "back to the future" LOL clocktower and all

but I think for SG:U it will be villages and more villages with pinetrees as usual
                    the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

According to exec producer Joe Mallozzi the 9th chevron has nothing to do with traveling to other dimensions.

Comment

A Generic Village in a Generic Forest with a Generic Cave.

Comment

I meant galaxies, solar systems and such. I didnt mean an alternate reality. Sorry

Comment

I think its great anyway. Its going to be big and different from the other shows like SG1 and SGA. And im shure i would love it. Peace

Comment

Ooh... and Peter Woodward...

Galen from Crusade. Otho from The Tower. He's an awesome actor.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Two words:

Cliff Simon!!!!!
                                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X