Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, thinking about it, I don't mind if the 9th Chev gets 'em stuck in an AU. Just as long as it isn't over-used.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

A character who is an Alien which is an actual alien and has to wear makeup all the time
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me
      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

im glad its going to be this universe too, id say we'll use the 9th chevron to gate an extremely far distance away and that we'll be completely cut off as in atlantis s1

Comment

Righty,

According to a dear friend of mine, with the use of 9 Chevrons that would give 1,971,788,797,440 possible gate address'

There fore presuming that they cover 2 seperate gates per episode that would give us a possible 985,894,398,720 episodes

And going on the basis of approximately 22 Episodes per season that would give us a total of 44,813,381,760 series'

So if the Series does actually take off and somehow they make every series (unlikely) then perhaps everything we saw in SG-1 may become reality whilst Stargate Universe is still being filmed

Peace

Stu

PS... i may be completely wrong in my sums
          Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
          MSN: [email protected]
          feel free to add me on either

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221 View Post

1,971,788,797,440 possible gate address'

how do you know that?
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              how do you know that?
              If i knew i'd tell ya. When i see him next ill ask him for the calculation lol
              Mrs Tapping

Comment

Righty,

According to a dear friend of mine, with the use of 9 Chevrons that would give 1,971,788,797,440 possible gate address'

There fore presuming that they cover 2 seperate gates per episode that would give us a possible 985,894,398,720 episodes

And going on the basis of approximately 22 Episodes per season that would give us a total of 44,813,381,760 series'

So if the Series does actually take off and somehow they make every series (unlikely) then perhaps everything we saw in SG-1 may become reality whilst Stargate Universe is still being filmed

Peace

Stu

Some how i dont think any body on this forum would be alive to see every season But i can try
                sigpic
                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                Metal gear fan

Comment

Righty,

Peace

Stu

Well the number comes from is 38!/30!. But just because there are 1,971,788,797,440 combinations doesn't mean that everyone of those addresses actually has a gate to connect to.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod View Post
                    Well the number comes from is 38!/30!. But just because there are 1,971,788,797,440 combinations doesn't mean that everyone of those addresses actually has a gate to connect to.
                    Plus i do not think that you would see every mission they would go on
                    Or would we ??
                    sigpic
                    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                    Metal gear fan

Comment

Yeah i was bored at work last night so me and a mate started discussing it and we spent twenty minutes figuring it all out lol

Was a fun conversation. We were gonna figure out how many generations of our familys would go by but figured that was just dumb hehe

IF anyone wants to see if the original number of address's was right the others are easy to get. Just divide by 2 for the episodes (2 gates) and divide that by 22 for the series (22episodes)
                      Mrs Tapping

Comment

Sounds like they've got the right idea, avoiding the whole alternate universe thing. That said, I was beginning to get intrigued by some of the possibilities - seeing Earth in another universe - but more alternative than we've seen in the past - new mythology, maybe a public stargate program. Could have been fun (although difficult to make a long-lasting series perhaps)

Either way, I'm hoping the new series has some kind of unique pressures - otherwise we run the risk of just doing the same thing that's been done a hundred times before - stepping on the toes of the local bad guys and ending up in a full blown war, which we inevitably win. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but a fresh dynamic would be nice if they can come up with something. I love hardi's fleeing from Earth idea...shame it'll never happen...

I also hope it's a one way trip...they can't rely on cameos from SGC personnel forever...

Alternatively they could just bin the actor budget and use the puppets from '200'! - Team Stargate: Universal Police. Hmm.

Comment

I think fleeing from earth idea would be the best way to go. But whatever happens happens, good TV in Stargate

Comment

http://www.stargateuniverse.com is now active! Ok, there isn't much to look at yet (it's just an Apache start-page), but this indicates a start to the show's official site...

Stargate-Universe.net is also flattered by the use of our name for the new series.
                            "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                            ==============================================================
                            Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                            Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

See? I knew it.

Comment

Well a lot of the rumours are pointing to Daniel Jackson being the SG-1 cross-over star. I imagine Daniel might figure out how to use the 9th chevron or find an ancient book in the second SG-1 movie.

But my vote for the new cast would go to Donald Sutherland being a General in the new Universe!

Comment

Working...
                                X