Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As impressive as the WETA team's work is, i don't think WETA are at the "budget TV effects" end of the spectrum...
    Add to that the fact that Rainmaker and Atmosphere are a good bit closer to Vancouver...(Rainmaker has offices at Bridge...).
    Bar.
    e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

I'm really hoping this will stick to the not airing until Atlantis finishes. I won't be able to cope with watching Atlantis then changing to the Tv to watch Universe. Too many mixed plots confuse me.
      I often end up mixing shows. Last week, due to tiredness I was wondering why the island seemed devoid of a stargate. (honestly. I did. v_v)

Comment

Since Stargate Universe takes place outside the domain of the Ancients I really
        hope we get to see other races as old as them, or older. I'd like to see a system of elder races that's kind of like the First Ones in Babylon 5, maybe an alliance (SGU version of the Four Races Alliance, perhaps) spread through several galaxies that cares little for the younger races.

uhhhm.. the ancients where first mentioned late season2 and first shown late season3 .. and it wasn't untill season 4 (i believe) that we learned that they built the gates
        One of the Asgards in the Season 2 episode The Fifth Race referred to them as the creators of the Stargate system.

in season 1 we thought the asgart buid the gates, in season 2 we learnt that the ancients build the gates, but we didnt see any till season 4
        Personally, I never got that impression. I thought they were another "young" (Goa'uld level of technology) race that just used the Stargates, like the Goa'uld. Well, that's after I watched Thor's Hammer. The Torment of Tentalus gave an impression that they are way more advanced (which turned out to be true), but I still didn't think that they built the Stargates.

Comment

I believe the Idea of some Coalition of "Elder races" isn't a bad idea for a contiguous story behind SG: Universe...
          The Alterans/Ancients were technologically advanced enough to have started life in the Milky way (hence the device found on Dakara used to remove all replicators). Hence it can be assumed that there are other "God" races like the Ancients/Alterans who may not necessarily believe that interferring with the lower plains is "Beneath them". there could be for example a Ancient "God" species member assigned to every planet in one particular galaxy...
          I believe Brad Wright has many things to work with on this one and so many successful platforms to draw from... it will no doubt be exciting...
          - - - - - - - - - - - -
          - Daniel J. epitomises the STD geek I think... To come from an Intellectual field and then to progress into one of the most Kick ass Characters EVER! Only wish he got to continue the development of that character into Atlantis... meh

Comment

I think a First One idea would be interesting as well... mind you so far we havent seen a single race that rivalled the Ancients in terms of age and technological power so that might mean TPTB might stick with that formula but I wouldnt mind seeing races that were equal in some way to the Ancients. That they are so powerful that Humanity and other races are nothing but bugs to them... mind you they wouldnt make a good enemy considerin they are so powerful unless something clever was done like the Shadows and Vorlons were done in Babylon 5 with them working under a rules of engagement and their wars were distorted ways of helping the younger species.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

i vote for a race halfway inbetween the Ancients and the Asgard...

making a race that's all powerful, like the Ancients and Ori, presents a Superman-problem: you can only defeat them by some cheap trick (kryptonite or the Ark)

at least with a race like the Asgard, or one a little more advanced, we would be the underdogs, but the underdogs in a fight we do have a small chance of winning.... without the need for some magical solution...
              Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
              Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
              Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
              Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...92#post8274592

Comment

I want to start with i love stargate cause what im about to say will sound the opposite.

This is what i think will happen. We'll show up in the new galaxy come across the Furlings( or equivilent ) and everythings dandy Then these ugly bad gys pop up and want galactic domination. At which point the furlings will be all " we're not into the whole violence thing" or " we turned away from technology so really we're just giant pandas with sticks". We ( the good guys ) will then say " okay we'll take on yet another advanced hostile alien race with thousands of troops and ships with our 50 men and a battlecruiser. Then for some reason the bad guys cant come destroy the Earth dudes yet because a) they cant find them, b) there the middle of a civil war c) there fighting another advanced race who's just evil - introducing a new race or d) all of the previous. If anyones seen space above and beyond then they have to agree that was the best sci fi series to show a interstellar war other than maybe star wars.

Comment

Here is the second part of BW's interview, where he has spoken about Universe:
                    http://gateworld.net/interviews/brea..._part_23.shtml

It is a bit surprising that one LOST episode costs 6-7 million dollar. But if the actors get 100-500k $ / episode, than this budget has to be true.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I can't wait for Universe!!!

I just hope they don't wait until after Atlantis finishes it run...
                      sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

Originally posted by Goauld System Lord View Post
                        I can't wait for Universe!!!

I just hope they don't wait until after Atlantis finishes it run...
                        i do... that way its that many more years of SG!

Comment

Even if it starts before Atlantis ends, there will still be many more years of Stargate. Personally, I highly doubt that Universe will be the final show. After it's lasted for about 4-5 seasons they'll probably announce a fourth series.

Comment

Sg1s highest rated season was the one that ran concurrently with the first season of atlantis wasnt it? Maybe the first year only?

Comment

just a coincidence... wasn't that the last season with the goa'uld?

exactly

it was just a coincidence...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                                just a coincidence... wasn't that the last season with the goa'uld?

exactly

it was just a coincidence...
                                ba'al wass around til the very end..

Comment

Working...
                                X