Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    So if it is set in our universe, mabey it just simply opens up a new galaxy.
    Yeah maybe a new galaxy but maybe the nineth chevron will give the gate more accuracy allowing them to gate to spacestations or places that aren't necessarily at a sun.......maybe the ancients have a network of spacestations betweenand throughout our galaxy pegasus, Ida and the ori galaxy and the show is about exploring them
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Umm... I was kinda under the impression the gates could already do that: they don't care WHERE a gate is located. Hell, Apophis had one on his mothership! And Atlantis has a lot of gates in space, so what difference does it make if it's in space on a station? You shouldn't need an extra two chevrons for that.

I still say it's probably just an extra distance calculation.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Umm... I was kinda under the impression the gates could already do that: they don't care WHERE a gate is located. Hell, Apophis had one on his mothership! And Atlantis has a lot of gates in space, so what difference does it make if it's in space on a station? You shouldn't need an extra two chevrons for that.

I still say it's probably just an extra distance calculation.
        apophis' mothership could only use the gate when in orbit round a planet, and atlantis gates are all in stable orbits around planets, i think he means stations in 'deep' space', i do agree that you shouldnt need 2 extra chevrons to get to them
        sigpic
        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Do deep space stations drift, then? They aren't anchored to a point? Must make it awfully hard to find them when you need them, then.

Caldwell: Captain, I thought I told you to take us to the space station.
          Kleinman: I used the same coordinates we used last week, sir.
          Caldwell: Well, I don't see a station around here, do you?
          Kleinman: No, sir.
          Caldwell: So where is it?
          Kleinman: It must have drifted.
          Caldwell: Drifted?! In deep space? How??
          Kleinman: I dunno. Solar winds?
          Caldwell: *headdesk*

Comment

another universe is a foolish idea, we've already had 'sliders', and the quantum mirror did it anyway(i think hammond had it destroyed though)

tbh I cant think of a really good story idea for a new series, as long as they don't f**k it up badly, i'll be happy.
            sigpic
            -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Do deep space stations drift, then? They aren't anchored to a point? Must make it awfully hard to find them when you need them, then.

Caldwell: Captain, I thought I told you to take us to the space station.
              Kleinman: I used the same coordinates we used last week, sir.
              Caldwell: Well, I don't see a station around here, do you?
              Kleinman: No, sir.
              Caldwell: So where is it?
              Kleinman: It must have drifted.
              Caldwell: Drifted?! In deep space? How??
              Kleinman: I dunno. Solar winds?
              Caldwell: *headdesk*
              Kleinman: I know sir, the ancients obviously haven't heard of 'stationkeeping' engines, in fact non of their experiments seem to end very well, wtf are we here?...........................sir
              sigpic
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                another universe is a foolish idea, we've already had 'sliders', and the quantum mirror did it anyway(i think hammond had it destroyed though)
                But those were both Parallel universes, not different universes entirely.
                Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                  Kleinman: I know sir, the ancients obviously haven't heard of 'stationkeeping' engines, in fact non of their experiments seem to end very well, wtf are we here?...........................sir
                  Caldwell: Because apparently it makes for good drama.
                  Kleinman: Seems more like stupidity to me. Um... with all due respect, sir.
                  Caldwell: I know, I know. For a supposedly Ancient and brilliant race we seem to be habitually more intelligent than they are. I find that very disturbing.
                  Kleinman: Me too, sir. Should I change course and head for Atlantis.
                  Caldwell: I guess. Maybe we'll arrive just in time to save them from a massive invasion.
                  Kleinman: Again??

Comment

I think the Stargate Universe will study the actual Stargate Universe itself and fill those plot holes. It may even tell us more about the Furlings

The 8th Chevron helped us meet the Asgard - the 9th could help us meet the Furlings. What you think?
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                    Forum Charmer
                    Forum Ambassador
                    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

actually da 8th chevron did help us meet da asgard s0o mayb da furlings r da 9th kus remember robert c. cooper sed who sed we havent met them suggestin dey culd b comin up in da new series...if u havent noticed each of da great alliance come from diff galaxies: asgard from ida, nox from our own ancients from peagaus n da now called ori galaxy s0o furlings kuld b it...prolly in a diff universe jus out of phase like dose mist giants in crystal skull episode

Comment

Exactly what I was saying! Nice to know someone agrees
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        Forum Charmer
                        Forum Ambassador
                        Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

i mean its simply logical...or if not da writer kan jsu s*** on my ideas lolol

Comment

I can't wait for the new stargate universe!! i think it will be awesome to watch a new series of stargate! I hope they don't make it an older team, i love the new young teams!! new thunk threads yeah!
                            sigpic
                            *Thanks aaobuttons*

Comment

Originally posted by gategirl2 View Post
                              I can't wait for the new stargate universe!! i think it will be awesome to watch a new series of stargate! I hope they don't make it an older team, i love the new young teams!! new thunk threads yeah!
                              I'm not too fussed about age really
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                                I think the Stargate Universe will study the actual Stargate Universe itself and fill those plot holes. It may even tell us more about the Furlings

The 8th Chevron helped us meet the Asgard - the 9th could help us meet the Furlings. What you think?
                                could happen but i would like to know what brad and robert were smoking when there came up with the universe part.

i want some.

Comment

Working...
                                X