Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but it's not going a great distance. Just a small hop to a parallel universe. --> and your there!

Maybe they could use that planet in atlantis with the mist creature that gave loads of power? Or do as they did when carter was in a parallel universe and use all of americas power. Maybe we find out more about that universe...
    Originally posted by farcue
    "You're the last man alive John"
    "What about tayla?"
    "Shes dead."
    "What about ronan?"
    "He's dead, they're all dead."
    "Not Carter?"
    "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
    "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Comment

Hmm... Good point. Considering how much power it takes just to dial the Atlantis-Earth route I guess that means they're going to find some ZPM storehouse/automated production line so that they'll have power to dial NINE chevrons.

Comment

From what I remember, Shanks and/or his publicist denied those rumors quite a while ago. I sincerely doubt things have changed.

If you ask me, having Daniel, Cam, Vala, Weir or any other lead characters from SG-1/Atlantis would be the fastest way to kill the new show. Daniel, for example, would be bringing TEN YEARS worth of baggage with him. SGU will NEVER get out from under the fat and burdensome thumb of SG-1 if Daniel is onboard. The whole show would be an embarrassing joke and it sure as hell wouldn't be SGU, it'd be Stargate: Daniel. Again, some people might be happy with that, but for the larger audience it won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimatesForever View Post
          Theres been a few reports that Michael Shanks has been appraoched about being the lead. Which would be kick ass, i thought hed eventually go over to SGA for good but i never saw it.

As much as the ancients traveled theres probly a trail of theirs that we'll be following for awhile. I just cant wait to find out what the 9th chevron is for.
          sadly, the fact that the show takes place during the same time period does oen the doors for crossovers.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It is clear that the ARC OF TRUTH is what allows for the Ninth Chevron to work. The Ancients included said ninth chevron just in case they were ever able to return to their own galaxy (they had to leave the ark there because of the Ori) and reclaim the ark so that they could access the ninth chevron. As the Ori are defeated, the Ark of truth reclaimed, the SGC will have access to whatever the Arc of Truth/Ninth Chevron does.

*This is of course pure speculation on my part*
            sigpic

Comment

I just thought of something: The ark of Truth is probably the device that is used to access the Ninth Chevron. The ancients knew about it and had to leave it behind in the Ori Galaxy. They added the ninth chevron to all of their gates in the hope that one day they would recover the ark.
              sigpic

Comment

Michael also denied it again at the Vancouver con last weekend. It's not impossible that it could happen, but it's just too early at this point.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

All those who are mocking name universe, have you considered the 9th cevron to be an extra distance factor, leaving the transgalaxy link to a universe one.
                  Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                  Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                  Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                  Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                  You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                  Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                  One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                  You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                  The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                  www.7-scales.co.uk
                  http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Whether or not Michael Shanks is in it, I'll still be parked in front of mt TV when it comes of.

But as for the 9th chevron, as i said im very curious. But if i had to speculate id say itll end up taking them somewhere very very far away. Theyll probly find themselves on the edge of the universe. Which would be cool to see. What would that look like anyway? lol A wall with a sign ducktaped to it saying 'Sorry...This is all there is' lol
                    Dark and Dreary and Terribly Dead - Walking into Heaven without a Head

Comment

I just hope that the gate address for the 9th chevron, or the technology needed to use the 9th chevron isn't just super-quickly 'discovered' in some ancient database that some character reads off-screen and then comes in to tell about it (probably Daniel).

This is sorta what happened at the begining of Atlantis, with the RA ZPM in Moebius, and has been done a few times since in S10 of SG-1. "Hey I just found some incredibly important bit of information! Let's go!"

I want us as the audience to be brought along with the characters as they make this stupendus discovery, make us and them work for it, have something at stake to get it. But I guess we'll see how expidient their discovery of the 9th chevron turns out to be. PLEASE let it happen on-screen!

Comment

Originally posted by PrimatesForever View Post
                        Whether or not Michael Shanks is in it, I'll still be parked in front of mt TV when it comes of.

But as for the 9th chevron, as i said im very curious. But if i had to speculate id say itll end up taking them somewhere very very far away. Theyll probly find themselves on the edge of the universe. Which would be cool to see. What would that look like anyway? lol A wall with a sign ducktaped to it saying 'Sorry...This is all there is' lol
                        Since the mirror device is used for parallel universes.

and the Stargate is capable of time travel by accident.

Also all 8 symbols are distance factors, I think that the 9th leaves our Universe to others.

Exploring the Multiverse, perhaps the Furlings were from another Universe? Who knows, but I think this idea has merit given what we know.
                        Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                        Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                        Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                        Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                        You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                        Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                        One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                        You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                        The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                        www.7-scales.co.uk
                        http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
                          All those who are mocking name universe, have you considered the 9th cevron to be an extra distance factor, leaving the transgalaxy link to a universe one.
                          Yes I have, and I said as much, somewhere. Although I believe my exact quote was something along the lines of "I bet it's something lame like simply adding extra distance."

However, I don't see why that should prevent anyone from mocking the name. Stargate Universe is still, IMO, too vague. And if it's meant to be in another universe then name it after the universe. Maybe they simply haven't come up with a name for it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddy_McKay View Post
                            I just thought of something: The ark of Truth is probably the device that is used to access the Ninth Chevron. The ancients knew about it and had to leave it behind in the Ori Galaxy. They added the ninth chevron to all of their gates in the hope that one day they would recover the ark.
                            I doubt it since
                            Spoiler:
                            The Ark is supposed to be what they will use to finally defeat the Ori
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              sadly, the fact that the show takes place during the same time period does oen the doors for crossovers.
                              As long as it's done well and actually makes sense as the ones in SGA have then I have no problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
                                Yeah which is why some are worried. If it is done well ie travelling to a different universe I'll have no issue, however I'd rather it be another galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                                X