Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    meh, black is probably off doing other stuff
    I was thinking the same thing. We don't know why she isn't in the movie, so before we get all worked up and start blaming BW maybe we should consider that she may be unavailable? Maybe her working on Uncharted 2 keeps her occupied for all we know. Or maybe she doesn't want to be in the movie, who knows?
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread Milena.
      I really want to see Vala back in the movies. During season 10 she joined the team becoming an integral part of it. She also manages to bring out another side to the other characters. Claudia Black sparks off all the cast members and added another dynamic to the show. If it that she is busy doing another project then that is fair enough, however if it that they have decided that they don't want to write a part for her in the movie then they should reconsider. She earned a place on the show, and should not be shoved out through the back door.

Comment

I cant understand why the ptb want to leave Vala out, just for the sake of bringing an ex-team member back, who hasn't even been in the franchise properly for a good 3-4 year. They should just learn to let go of 'Jack' and just should embrace the 'Team' that they have now.

I for one will be utterly disappointed if Vala is let out. To me, imho, Jack is pretty much irrevalent when it comes to Sg-1 now, not to the SG universe, just the team, he just doesn't have a place in SG-1 anymore, it's just the same with Wier on Atlantis, she just doesn't have a place, the team and the show have moved on, and in the case of Sg-1, for the better, (I'm still majorly pi55ed that they let Wier go!)

The writers, or more accurately BW should just let go of the past, the Days of Jack is over, he is ok as a side character, but to make him pretty much the focus of an entire film at the exspense of one of the title characters is pretty damn shady and bang out of order!

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
          I was thinking the same thing. We don't know why she isn't in the movie, so before we get all worked up and start blaming BW maybe we should consider that she may be unavailable? Maybe her working on Uncharted 2 keeps her occupied for all we know. Or maybe she doesn't want to be in the movie, who knows?
          I hope that's the reason but at this point I want to blame the fall of the economy on them, which is really drastic, just because they've been screwing up a lot lately.

Comment

I'm french so sorry for my bad English but i don't understand!
            In France, Vala is one of the most favouriste characters with Daniel and Jack;

Her story is not over....
            Please

Comment

First thank you Milena for this great threat. Although I don't believe 'Saving thread' having any chance in Stargate franchise, it's good to have a place where we can make our protests and show our disappointment in the recent news. Second, Stef I so want that Support!Vala banners.

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
              She might have other things to do but from Brad Wright comment we didn't see any implications whatsoever. If it was the case he could simply say that she was not avaible. If you gave such a news -and from a blog Q/A thing- you have to at least state the reasons for a decision like this. No, he didn't say anything. I don't believe CB isn't available to do next movie, she said -don't remember where- she could play Vala as long as people want her in.

And people saying that the story doesn't need Vala in, or the money for her participation must be spent for better things like visual effect etc..please have some common sense. what you would feel if Cam and Sam were out for AoT? They weren't needed too in AoT, but they weren't written out. Because it's not how a team works. They made them for a b-plot, and lots of us -myself included- bickered why they were so involved in the B-plot. We wanted to see them more tied to the main plot.

If a writer couldn't make all of his/her character usefull in the plot therefore he/she is not a good writer. There is no excuse telling that I don't have idea what to do with a character. You're a writer, invent something for your one of lead characters. If not just acknowledge his/her present, don't write her off. If you do, at least do it onscreen.

Having said that, I have to add that Vala could be easily included in the script, being a SG-1 member, she has every reason to be in the story as much as the others.
              sigpic
              Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

I'm looking forward to the third Stargate SG-1 movie.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  And??
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by Stef

Comment

No offence or anything, but, why would you remake Children of the Gods? I honestly think they should leave it as it is...

And Jack replacing Vala. Seriously. If anything, Jack should be replacing Mitchell! Not saying I don't like Mitchell. In fact, I LOVE Mitchell. but...you know. It's pretty low of them to bring Jack back at the expense of another character. Don't get me wrong, Jack is an AWESOME character, but so is Vala! So...geez. >< And if it's a remake of "Children of the Gods"...then again, why is Mitchell there? Are they just like...discriminating Vala for the sake of it?..or yeah. It's a possibility that she's busy.

Oh and...is there like an article on this or soemthing? I wanna read. (:

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                      Are you implying that Vala isn't a member of SG1, and this is a subtle way of saying you don't like her?

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                        Are you implying that Vala isn't a member of SG1, and this is a subtle way of saying you don't like her?
                        That's low. But only if that was indeed what you were implying...lols.

Comment

Wha--wait---whoa---what?!?!

I'm sorry, but I just found out about this. I live with my head in the sand apparently. I--Nooooo!

She has to be in the SG-1 film! Surely they realise the character is loved?
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                            No offence or anything, but, why would you remake Children of the Gods? I honestly think they should leave it as it is...

So...geez. >< And if it's a remake of "Children of the Gods"...then again, why is Mitchell there?...

Oh and...is there like an article on this or soemthing? I wanna read. (:
                            Third movie is not the remake of Children of the Gods. I believe the poster got confused. Why they're re-making the Children of the Gods, they say lot of things but mainly I believe all frontal nudity bothers them and they will erase it. If you want to read anything else, go the main page. There must be a few articles there about it.
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by Stef

Comment

I'm a Daniel fan, HUGE one but I loved Vala since PU, to be fair with you I like her much more when she is with Daniel, the same way I loved much more Jack when he was with Daniel, but she earned her place on the team, she is a member now, she isn't on the team because of Daniel or Adria, not anymore!!! How many time she have to save Daniel the team the earth? Looks at Beachhead, Crusade, Flesh and Blood...I'm pissed to read how useless, childish Vala is.
                              I don't think this thread can change BW's mind, but can shows how many fans, even those who like the "original" Sg1, loves her! The fact is, BW don't like Vala, since the beginning. He said that didn't know what to do with her in Continuum and it was Cooper tha suggested Quetesh, the idea itself of Quetesh, because otherwise we had had just that awuful scenes at the beginning and at the end of the movie, not even her as Ba'al's background! And look at the lack of her promo pic for the movie or interviews...
                              I can give just my moral support because I suck with banner and icon and all the artistic stuff. I'm really angry!
                              Last edited by madaboutdanny; 04 January 2009, 02:38 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

TPTB did say a while ago that all of SG-1 may not be present in future SG-1 movies due to actor availability. We should really count our selves lucky if we get the main four together for this movie now they are all doing their own projects
                                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                                X