Save Vala Mal Doran in the SG-1 movies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    On to more positive things, I managed to come up with a few banners. Nothing fancy about these but they'll do for the time being Feel free to use wherever!
    What?!? I need to choose one... no way... *snerches all smallish signatures*

If anyone wants a specific line or 'slogan' feel free to ask. I couldn't think of any...maybe that could be a project. Elizabeth and Carson were the 'Heart' and 'Soul' of Atlantis....I'm not saying we have to go down that route but is there a particular line or phrase or point you think we could use?
    Hey, she was Dorothy in 200 something along those lines. You know, Jack always says "We're not in Kansas anymore"...

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
    Lt. Aiden Ford - Huge online petitions surfaced and people almost rioted.
    Dr. Carson Becket - Huge online petitions surfaced and people almost rioted.
    Dr. Elizabeth Weir - Huge online petitions surfaced and people almost rioted.
    Dr. Kate Heightmeyer - No online petition surfaced and one lemming did riot.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have a question. do you think it was the writers descion or claudia's descion to not be in the third movie
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        I have a question. do you think it was the writers descion or claudia's descion to not be in the third movie
        We don't know. Right now the speculation is BW is choosing not to write her in. We hope to hear something from CB on if she had any input into this.
        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
          We don't have a 100% correct answer, so at the moment we are assuming it was Brad Wright's decision, due to a deadpan response he made to a question regarding Vala being in the third movie.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
            LMFHO! Look what happened to Weir or to SG-1/SGA cancelation: TPTB (and I suspect the regular viewer/buyer) simply don't care about what the fans think! When they seem they do care it's just lip-service; so imho it's pointless to think this thread or others like it (Pro Weir/ bring back SG-1/SGA) can change TPTB's mind...
            I wouldn't say that true. Carson fans made an impact, how many episodes has he appeared in? And *cough* they had to pull a rabbit out of their hat to bring back a dead character.

I don't think this thread or the actions taken on its behalf will change anything drastically, no, but I get the feeling that certain writers/producers are under the impression that Vala isn't as popular as she is, and therefore nobody will notice if she's gone. Heck, I even remember a CB article where she mentions how much anti-Vala stuff she's seen. I'd even just like to have this campaign if for nothing else than to show CB what she has brought to the fans of this series. But even enlightening the writers' eyes to how much support there is for Vala out there is enough for me.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Nice thoughts Stef.

Also, you inspired me with your banners. I'm not as good as some with photoshop, but I've created a postcard we can use for a writing campaign.

Spoiler:

Feel free to snurch, but if you post it elsewhere, please give me credit.
              No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

See, I don't inherantly have a problem if a character is removed if the actor wants out. I think this is one of the reasons why more people embraced the SG1 changes (or just stopped watching instead of 'rioting') as opposed to the Atlantis ones. (RDA wanted out; neither Torri or Paul did.)

So if it's Claudia's choosing, I totally respect that. But if it isn't? She at least even deserves a minor role as the member of the team. Because even I realise in supporting a 'Classic Atlantis' (team + Carson and Fran/Elizabeth) will need some inclusion of Woolsey and Keller, because they are there and needs to be acknowledged. Vala needs the same, even if this is slated to be a 'Jack-centric' movie.

I have to say to those producers Vala made me more of an SG1 fan. I watched the show occaisionally, but my first and foremost place was an Atlantis girl. (Atlantis Pre-S4.) Vala was pretty much my ticket in to SG1; I was blown away by the first few episodes I saw with her.

I wouldn't say that true. Carson fans made an impact, how many episodes has he appeared in? And *cough* they had to pull a rabbit out of their hat to bring back a dead character.
                Lip service to the fans; they just shove him in a corner for most episodes he's in.

Like I mentioned on the other thread, even just making noise is doing something.

Though I never will believe SG TPTB will ever be in touch with their fanbase.

Comment

I am crushed about what Brad Wright said and thank you Mileena for starting this thread I am happy to see some general fans here too you make me happy I don't think BW cares what we think or feel. If we get a fourth movie I may buy but only if I get all my favorites I will not buy the third movie now
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

i just can't believe in this, it took me so long time to like the S9 and 10 now that i LOVE it and love all the characters ! they can't do this, this is very unfair, wanting or not now she is a memeber of SCG, this is a shame , now i want to see what excuse they will give us for this...
                    sigpic

Comment

If she isn't able to make this movie, then okay. I'm fine with that. Because stuff happens and well, that's just life.

But if he's just writing her out for the sake of doing it then I am appalled. Completely and totally. I have watched SG-1 grow from the beginning. Seen all it's changes, be it good or bad.

I was upset when MS left. But I gave Jonas a shot and well it wasn't bad. Not like the SG-1 I knew, but not everything can stay the same and I accept that. And when he came back I was overly thrilled. But then Jonas left and that saddened me. I would love to see him come back atleast once.

But Claudia came in, not to replace a single person on the show. She came and became a member of that team. She worked hard for it and I think she deserves the credit for it. I believe there is so much more she has to offer to it.

And what would happen with Daniel? The way I see it, she was the big part in Daniel's change. She brought out so much life from him that I was beginning to feel was being neglected. So what? Now Daniel goes back to that? No way! I love the dynamic those two share alone. And then the stuff she shares with the rest? Amazing! I would feel a hole there if she wasn't in it.

And I think Jack would feel the same. I mean, in Continuum, he didn't go after Ba'al because just Teal'c had vanished. He said, "What have you done with my people." And the Tokra, though loved, aren't his people. SG-1 is. ANd if it was just about Teal'c, I think he would've said as much. But he didn't.

I don't think of it as an old, or new team. I think of it as the team as well. But if your gonna add Jack, you've got to add Vala too, or to me it's just not the team anymore. That's how I feel about it. I love Jack. But I love Vala too. I love the team as a whole and I would love to see some interaction between Jack and Vala. Because that would be a riot. I would be thrilled to see it and was actually looking forward to it when I heard this movie was gonna be centered around Jack. But now.... I really am not looking forward to it anymore if a team member is gonna be excluded.

I will watch it, but only because I always give something a chance. Just as I did for Jonas. But that does not mean I have high hopes for it as a whole. I have watched them grow and change to be who they are today and to just toss out someone who was essential to that change is just wrong in my own personal opinion.

Now, this is my own opinion. Nothing against anyone else's opinions. To each their own. But this is how I feel about it and I just.... I can't fully decribe the horrid feeling I have about how she is being treated if this wasn't her decision.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
                        If she isn't able to make this movie, then okay. I'm fine with that. Because stuff happens and well, that's just life.

But if he's just writing her out for the sake of doing it then I am appalled. Completely and totally. I have watched SG-1 grow from the beginning. Seen all it's changes, be it good or bad.

I was upset when MS left. But I gave Jonas a shot and well it wasn't bad. Not like the SG-1 I knew, but not everything can stay the same and I accept that. And when he came back I was overly thrilled. But then Jonas left and that saddened me. I would love to see him come back atleast once.

But Claudia came in, not to replace a single person on the show. She came and became a member of that team. She worked hard for it and I think she deserves the credit for it. I believe there is so much more she has to offer to it.

And what would happen with Daniel? The way I see it, she was the big part in Daniel's change. She brought out so much life from him that I was beginning to feel was being neglected. So what? Now Daniel goes back to that? No way! I love the dynamic those two share alone. And then the stuff she shares with the rest? Amazing! I would feel a hole there if she wasn't in it.

And I think Jack would feel the same. I mean, in Continuum, he didn't go after Ba'al because just Teal'c had vanished. He said, "What have you done with my people." And the Tokra, though loved, aren't his people. SG-1 is. ANd if it was just about Teal'c, I think he would've said as much. But he didn't.

I don't think of it as an old, or new team. I think of it as the team as well. But if your gonna add Jack, you've got to add Vala too, or to me it's just not the team anymore. That's how I feel about it. I love Jack. But I love Vala too. I love the team as a whole and I would love to see some interaction between Jack and Vala. Because that would be a riot. I would be thrilled to see it and was actually looking forward to it when I heard this movie was gonna be centered around Jack. But now.... I really am not looking forward to it anymore if a team member is gonna be excluded.

I will watch it, but only because I always give something a chance. Just as I did for Jonas. But that does not mean I have high hopes for it as a whole. I have watched them grow and change to be who they are today and to just toss out someone who was essential to that change is just wrong in my own personal opinion.

Now, this is my own opinion. Nothing against anyone else's opinions. To each their own. But this is how I feel about it and I just.... I can't fully decribe the horrid feeling I have about how she is being treated if this wasn't her decision.
                        I couldn't agree more. You worded that fantastically!

Comment

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post

Great Post I agree with the bold 100% that is my issue mostly and I really wanted to see Vala and Sam interact more too. I really resent BW now I will not buy the the third move Stargate SG-1 ends with Continuum for me
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I enjoy Vala's character greatly and could not imagine Continuum without her in it. Black's Qetesh was easily the best performance and the one of the most pivotal in the movie. The fact that the consideration of simply removing Vala/Qetesh had to be thwarted is quite disturbing.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Brad Wright was on Gateworld today.

Originally posted by Brad Wright View Post
                              No, you're right, I just hated how it looked and where we decided to put them. I liked the concept a lot.

And now that I'm here, let me use this obscure thread I happened upon while waiting for my 18 hours delayed plane to clarify a couple of other things from the q/a:

I am immensely proud of Atlantis.

I like Vala. If I thought there was a role for her character in the third movie, she would be included.

I meant no disrespect when I suggested that fan reaction to such things as cancellation was predictible.

There were many, many factors that went into how we moved forward. Please know that we chose what we thought was the best path considering all of the financial and creative variables, some of which you will never be aware of. It very very easily could have been nothing. No Atlantis, no SGU, no movies.

I meant no disrespect to fans in general, but it was clear from several of the questions that many of you have no respect for me. I thought I was just giving as good as I got. The condensing comment was a joke. Go back and look at the question.

I probably shouldn't do anymore q/a's.

Brad Wright
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Toomi

Comment

Doing damage control?
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X