Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    No and.

I'm looking forward to the third Stargate SG-1 movie.
    Then let me tell you that you are on the wrong thread. Check the title and please have some common sense and respect.
    Last edited by gioia; 04 January 2009, 04:01 AM.
    sigpic
    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      I'm not saying he should be dropped, but if financial or time constraints require that one character should be dropped then I say drop Cam instead of Vala!
      Please, do not say things like these. Cam is the leader of SG-1. How it would be a SG-1 movie without its leader? Jack is a General. He can't lead SG-1 anymore. I believe this plot will be Jack centric but he will tag along to SG-1. or he will get in to trouble and SG-1 will rescue him..or something like that.
      sigpic
      Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

I don't think anyone should be dropped out. If you're a writer and create characters, then decide they're expendable or not useable in the story, then you're a bad writer. Sorry. If you're treating them like caricatures, then that's what they stay -dressings on the wall. I don't see why a Jack - centric movie couldn't involve Vala? I would LOVE to see some funny Jack - Vala interaction; it would be made of so much win!
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Could everyone please, before posting, take some time to check the title of this thread and the first post, and then assure yourself that your post is neither off-topic, nor designed to wind people up, and especially not both.

cheers.

Madeleine

Comment

I'm a little disappointed that Vala won't be in the third SG-1 film, but if it's a decent story that uses the others well, I'll cope.

If we want Vala in a future SG-1 film, it looks as if we'll have to hope that the third film does well, and that the fourth gets greenlighted and has a nice big role for Claudia. I'll keep an eye out for what gets said by TPTB about her likely involvement with future SG-1 films, and if they seem equivocal I can see myself dropping them a line about how much I like Vala....

Madeleine

Comment

Has anyone considered that she won't be in the new movie because she wouldn't havea role at she'd be reduced to saying one or two non important lines, and then fans would get uppity because she'd been ignored?

Vala was integral to the Ori plot. That's over. She was useful in Continuum, because she'd been Ba'als queen before. What now?

The very fact she's sticking around with Ba'als host to help him through things gives her an excuse to bbe absent. What excuse does she have to be back with SG1? Mitchell on the other hand...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                Has anyone considered that she won't be in the new movie because she wouldn't havea role at she'd be reduced to saying one or two non important lines, and then fans would get uppity because she'd been ignored?

Vala was integral to the Ori plot. That's over. She was useful in Continuum, because she'd been Ba'als queen before. What now?

The very fact she's sticking around with Ba'als host to help him through things gives her an excuse to bbe absent. What excuse does she have to be back with SG1? Mitchell on the other hand...
                IMO, she's part of the team. For me that's enough. If the story is about Jack and for example something happens to him, it will affect other team members who are Vala's friends. Why shouldn't she give them her support too?
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

That's fair comment; but hopefully, having done her duty by Baal's host and taken SG-1 #3 off, there'll be a place for her in #4

Madeleine

Comment

I am kind of sad about this news as well. I wanted to see her interact with Jack, because I am excited to see a movie hopefully featuring a Jack where RDA is interested. I thought their interactions would be fun and not in any way pull away from the Sam and Jack dynamic in case that is why BW is hesitant to have another female interact with Jack.

I also don't buy the statements that her character wouldn't fit in the story. Because really, it's fictional. It's not like it's a transcript of what's happening. If she didn't fit, change the story. Write it. If it is to be a SG-1 team story involving everyone, then write it. If it's mainly going to be a Jack and Sam adventure story, or perhaps a heavily air force focused story in which only the air force type characters and not civilians would be involved, just admit it. There will still be an audience for those two characters.

But really, it's Stargate-SG1. Not just 'classic team SG-1, not Air Force member only SG-1. I might not always like how they write Vala, and I definately prefer her season 9 characterization, but SG-1 movie should have her there if the actress is willing and available to perform.

My favorite character is probably never in question because she is the queen of the series, and I won't have to worry about it. But I don't want to see her at the expense of other characters, especially if it's one of those 'we can only have one female" sort of things.

And if Vala was eliminated to promote a brand new character, I will be doublely upset. New characters got a lot of time in Continuum at the expense of others already. I don't want to see it again.
                    sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread ~ Stef pimp'd it out, so here I am.

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                      I'm a little disappointed that Vala won't be in the third SG-1 film, but if it's a decent story that uses the others well, I'll cope.

If we want Vala in a future SG-1 film, it looks as if we'll have to hope that the third film does well, and that the fourth gets greenlighted and has a nice big role for Claudia. I'll keep an eye out for what gets said by TPTB about her likely involvement with future SG-1 films, and if they seem equivocal I can see myself dropping them a line about how much I like Vala....
                      I am also disappointed. I will still watch the movie, but will miss her horribly.

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                      I am kind of sad about this news as well. I wanted to see her interact with Jack, because I am excited to see a movie hopefully featuring a Jack where RDA is interested. I thought their interactions would be fun and not in any way pull away from the Sam and Jack dynamic in case that is why BW is hesitant to have another female interact with Jack.

I also don't buy the statements that her character wouldn't fit in the story. Because really, it's fictional. It's not like it's a transcript of what's happening. If she didn't fit, change the story. Write it. If it is to be a SG-1 team story involving everyone, then write it. If it's mainly going to be a Jack and Sam adventure story, or perhaps a heavily air force focused story in which only the air force type characters and not civilians would be involved, just admit it. There will still be an audience for those two characters.

But really, it's Stargate-SG1. Not just 'classic team SG-1, not Air Force member only SG-1. I might not always like how they write Vala, and I definately prefer her season 9 characterization, but SG-1 movie should have her there if the actress is willing and available to perform.

My favorite character is probably never in question because she is the queen of the series, and I won't have to worry about it. But I don't want to see her at the expense of other characters, especially if it's one of those 'we can only have one female" sort of things.

And if Vala was eliminated to promote a brand new character, I will be doublely upset. New characters got a lot of time in Continuum at the expense of others already. I don't want to see it again.
                      Jack/Vala interaction would be a hoot! I mean, seriously.... how much snarkier could it get ~ oh how fun that would be. It could easily be written in along a Jack/Sam storyline (if that is what we're getting).

I have to agree, if a brand new character (and I exclude bad-guys here) is introduced and Vala is missing, I'll be more than a little irked as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                        Jack/Vala interaction would be a hoot!
                        It could indeed. Perhaps they'd be adversarial and each snark at the other, but better would be if they teamed up and worked on their targets together. Jack+Vala vs Daniel or Cam could be fun.

Madeleine

Comment

Because she is a team member, just like the others!
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                            Because she is a team member, just like the others!
                            Not just like the others though.

Mitchell, O'Neill and Carter were posted to SG1 as a duty. Daniel and Teal'c joined at the start.

Vala joined in S10 (not S9 let's remember) in order to help battle the Ori. This was concluded with AoT. It was nice that she had a role in Continuum, but her reasons for being on SG1 are complete. Heck, even Teal'c's is and I wouldn't be suprised if he's not on SG1 in the new movie.

Just because Vala was part of the team for a season does not mean that she automatically has a place any more in the storyline, particularly if it doesn't fit with the one planned.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Right, we currently have no idea what the plot of the next film will be. We don't know who elses will or will not be in the film, remember he was only asked about Vala. All we really know is that the film will be "centric to Jack O'Neill".

For all we know the whole film could be Jack stuck on another world after an attack on an off-world base he was inspecting (As cheif of Homeworld Secruity).
                              Hell for all we know there might be a whole new SG-1 since we last sore them on our screens, remember Carters spent a year on Atlantis and know has somewhere alse she has to be, and Jackson spent time on Atlantis doing reseach, which suggests that he's either taken time off or is no longer part of the team. Maby they get stuck with Jack too, and he takes over leadership for the film.

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                              More to the point, if she gets fed up at being written out, she'l quit, then Michael Shanks will leave like you quoted, and with that, SG1 will be even less than what it originally was.
                              Go back and read it again, Shanks never said he'd quit if she left, just that he would be around for at least as long as she is.
                              The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                              Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Not just like the others though.

Mitchell, O'Neill and Carter were posted to SG1 as a duty. Daniel and Teal'c joined at the start.

Vala joined in S10 (not S9 let's remember) in order to help battle the Ori. This was concluded with AoT. It was nice that she had a role in Continuum, but her reasons for being on SG1 are complete. Heck, even Teal'c's is and I wouldn't be suprised if he's not on SG1 in the new movie.

Just because Vala was part of the team for a season does not mean that she automatically has a place any more in the storyline, particularly if it doesn't fit with the one planned.
                                It's your perogative to feel that way; but this thread is really for the discussion and promotion of Vala being IN future films.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X