No announcement yet.

Save Vala Mal Doran in the SG-1 movies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala was the best thing to come out of season 9/10...
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

You know the funny thing about that is that S9 started out with a very promising storyline with the whole King Arthur, Merlin, Ori stuff and a weak character in Vala and it ended with a weak story line in the Ori, now with almost no King Arthur tie ins and a great character in Vala. hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
        Vala was the best thing to come out of season 9/10...
        I would argue that Mitchell was pretty awesome too. And, a whole bunch of the stories told.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
          Officially, it hasn't. No word on contracts, production date, etc. So, basically, no official word at all. But BW has said (multiple times) that it would be Jack-centric and RDA-heavy (or something along those lines). And when asked last winter if Vala would be in it, he said no. Claudia confirmed that she was never approached, but had no hard feelings about it. She said that she "never expects to be asked back to anything" (my paraphrase).

So ends my recap of what brought us here today.

I will miss Vala. I will be even more upset if Cameron isn't in the movie. But I'm still holding out hope. And of course, I could be pacified with Farscape.
          If Mitchell isn't in this movie either, I will be very disappointed with TPTB. And if there is a 4th movie ever, I hope the character of Vala returns.

As for Farscape, it is a wonderful cure-all, isn't it?
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I felt the need to post here even tho it seems a long since dead thread to me sry about that ?. I keep thinking there is no way to have a new film without CB/Vala that continues in a vein inline with the other films and ofc the series. Or for that matter to have RDA/Jack in the film having some kind of adventure as due to the way RDA left the show he is now a HIGH ranking military general. He works behind a desk and won't be doing anything else the military don't risk there high ranking generals "I am a general and I wanna go play on the Hammond seems a little far fetched even for Jack. The only way I see both the absence of the char Vala and heavy plot line with jack is a prequal to the other films and the last few seasons. Yes u can write Cam is as the F302 pilot but it would be difficult to have Vala in this plot line. Any thing else without Vala to me will just seem lacking someone that IS a huge part of the SG-1 team, finding a way of bringing all the other people together just with out Vala would seem like cheap/bad writing no matter how its done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravorangel View Post
              I felt the need to post here even tho it seems a long since dead thread to me sry about that ?. I keep thinking there is no way to have a new film without CB/Vala that continues in a vein inline with the other films and ofc the series.
              Why does it have to "continue in a vein inline with" the series/other movies? Why can't it be something new?

Or for that matter to have RDA/Jack in the film having some kind of adventure as due to the way RDA left the show he is now a HIGH ranking military general. He works behind a desk and won't be doing anything else the military don't risk there high ranking generals "I am a general and I wanna go play on the Hammond seems a little far fetched even for Jack.
              And yet it happened in canon at least twice:
              1) PU - Hammond puts himself in charge of Prometheus on a whim and goes (or at least tries to go) to Atlantis
              2) SGA, The Return - Jack was sent to Atlantis and ended up in the thick of the action

It's been said a million times, the fact that the movie is supposed to focus on Jack doesn't mean that he has to be an action hero (truth be told, Jack didn't do much action in the series anyway).

The only way I see both the absence of the char Vala and heavy plot line with jack is a prequal to the other films and the last few seasons. Yes u can write Cam is as the F302 pilot but it would be difficult to have Vala in this plot line. Any thing else without Vala to me will just seem lacking someone that IS a huge part of the SG-1 team, finding a way of bringing all the other people together just with out Vala would seem like cheap/bad writing no matter how its done.
              It's also been said a milion times already: there's at least a million reasons and ways to include Jack and focus on the original team in a natural way. O'Neill may be visiting some off-world friends of his (Maybourne? Ree'tou Charlie?). His presence may be requested by some alien allies who want to deal only with him. He may be overseeing some project or something. He may be spending his time off with Sam or Teal'c. And so on, and so on.

Not including Vala in a way that would make sense is also quite easy. She may have taken some time off to help Baal's host. Or she may be visiting Tomin. Possibilities are endless.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
              sigpic
              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I love Vala and I hope she is in future movies in some way that is what this thread is about it is not to debate Vala it is to celebrate her
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

What? I seriously dislike the writers . Truth is they hate Claudia Black and Ben Browder, they see them as just a cheap pick up . They weren't invited to be in "SG"U, unlike the rest of the SG1 cast (I dislike "SG"U, but still) and they have always treated them as less . I don't know why, possibly because of Farscape ? (Which is, by the way, AWESOME !)
                  If Vala isn't in it, it will be nowhere near as good . I think she's my favourite character ... But I understand if it's Claudia Black's decision and she wants to spend time with her child . Ok, no, it's the stupid writers .

SAVE VALA
                  Or I'll chop off your mivonks..... "Have your mivonks on a platter" (200 modified quote )

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
                    Truth is they hate Claudia Black and Ben Browder, they see them as just a cheap pick up . They weren't invited to be in "SG"U, unlike the rest of the SG1 cast (I dislike "SG"U, but still) and they have always treated them as less . I don't know why, possibly because of Farscape ? (Which is, by the way, AWESOME !)
                    TPTB have only ever had complimentary things to say about CB and BB, so I seriously doubt hatred for the actors had anything to do with it. It seems purely to be a creative desicion to leave Vala out of the hypothetical third film.
                    Originally posted by Callista
                    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                    Originally posted by HPMom
                    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

i still don't want her in the movie. i want a old fashion team ep.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

again this is not the thread to debate Vala this is the thread to praise and appreciate Vala in future movies there are other threads to debate her in like this one

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1-movie/page19
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                          Why does it have to "continue in a vein inline with" the series/other movies? Why can't it be something new?
                          I agree w/ this bit.
                          I mean, from what I've read in some threads, folks seem to think that Vala is 'better' when she does her thing without some of the other SG members (Daniel, in particular).
                          Spin-off series involving stealing ships?
                          (heck, she can steal the Destiny for all I care )

Other than that... *signs thread's petition thingy*
                          sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind having her in the movie, but she was an itegral part of the team for a short time so I'm not suprised she's not in the script.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X