Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Not just like the others though.

Mitchell, O'Neill and Carter were posted to SG1 as a duty. Daniel and Teal'c joined at the start.

Vala joined in S10 (not S9 let's remember) in order to help battle the Ori. This was concluded with AoT. It was nice that she had a role in Continuum, but her reasons for being on SG1 are complete. Heck, even Teal'c's is and I wouldn't be suprised if he's not on SG1 in the new movie.

Just because Vala was part of the team for a season does not mean that she automatically has a place any more in the storyline, particularly if it doesn't fit with the one planned.
    Your logic seems to me a little flawed. If you saw AoT ending you could obviously see that Vala wants to settle herself a new life in SGC on Earth or else she could leave off with Tomin or on herself. All of her reasons to stay with them not related to Ori business. It's not about the storyline, it's about the character's developtment.
    sigpic
    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

I really hope Vala is in the movies. And i would really like to know why she isn't, i'd imagine it's because CB just isn't available for the movie. However if it is simply a matter of writing her out the movie, i'll be very annoyed. Because to me she is part of the team. And all the team deserves a place in the next SG-1 movie.
      "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
      O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
      Woolsey: What does that mean?
      O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Awww! Sad news! I adore Vala! It's a Jack-centric movie? blah... I was never really a fan of Jack-centric episodes. I agree, Cam AND Vala should definitely be in the movie. But I want to see some real Vala action and inter-action with the other characters if they bring her in... I don't want her to be there JUST as a love interest for Daniel, I want to see plenty of Vala with all of the others and on her own.

Comment

I'm actually surprised, shocked and disappointed to hear this. We would never expect any other characters to be treated this way.

Maybe this is what happens when you let the writers take turns writing the movies.

Vala,

Comment

I would rather she was in it, but I'm not all that bothered she's not to be honest.

Comment

Vala should be able to come back for the 3rd movie. I won't enjoy the movie without her.
              Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

You know, I'm not a huge fan of the GW forum for...well, I have my reasons, but...

I'll support Vala all the way, and I want to see her in the third movie...

So I've come to join the fun of supporting her! XD
                ~Pip

Comment

I"m throwing in my voice as another fan outraged that Vala won't be in the third movie. Vala's character arc made it very clear that she's finally found home; she's not running away anymore; this is her family now; etc.

In my head, when I delude myself into thinking SG-1 has carried on offscreen over the past couple of years, the only people I'm certain are still on SG-1 are Cam and Vala. Jack left years ago. Sam went away to Atlantis, and before that left SG-1 to head up R&D over at Area 51 (Only came back because of the Ori). Teal'c has a lot of responsibilities with the Jaffa. Daniel... could be there. Or he could be on a long term assignment to do research on something. Or one of a million other things he may have done for a change of pace.

Or the team could be exactly the way we saw it in Continuum. Don't go flaming me - my point is at this point Vala and Cam are the two with the most passion for simply being on SG-1, and to take either (or both) of them out of the storyline (without going back in time) goes against the very idea of it being an SG-1 team movie.
                  sigpic
                  Live Journal | FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    I agree! If one character must be dropped than that's Mitchell! He doesn't bring nothing to the team! Anything he can do Teal'c and Sam can do better!
                    Remember, we aren't here to bash anyone... I see no reason why Cam couldn't be there as well as Vala, Jack, and the rest of the team. I think he provides a good-natured Southern charm and humor, personally, aside from his different style of dealing with conflict that would be useful in a movie.

Has anyone considered that she won't be in the new movie because she wouldn't havea role at she'd be reduced to saying one or two non important lines, and then fans would get uppity because she'd been ignored?

Vala was integral to the Ori plot. That's over. She was useful in Continuum, because she'd been Ba'als queen before. What now?

The very fact she's sticking around with Ba'als host to help him through things gives her an excuse to bbe absent. What excuse does she have to be back with SG1? Mitchell on the other hand...
                    One thing that's ironic here: it was BW who wrote her to "be absent" helping Ba'al's host, the same BW who apparently plans to write her out of the third movie. Just saying...

But also, while the Ori were Vala's entrance into the SGC, she never ever made any statement that she was only there to atone for/help Adria. Not like Daniel did about Sha're in early SG-1. In fact, when it came up, she told the psychiatrist and Tomin that she thought she found her place (dare I say home?) here. And it shows in her actions; she became quite protective of Earth and the rest of SG-1.

Vala joined in S10 (not S9 let's remember) in order to help battle the Ori. This was concluded with AoT. It was nice that she had a role in Continuum, but her reasons for being on SG1 are complete. Heck, even Teal'c's is and I wouldn't be suprised if he's not on SG1 in the new movie.
                    Did you forget the ending of AOT? Where the whole team, regardless of personal missions, is walking to the gate? They talk about how there's no more big bad guy, so let's just have fun exploring other planets...that's why Teal'c and Vala are there, to be with their team and to explore planets. I see no reason why a fun Stargate story couldn't spring from just that. And if it is a planet that needs the Ancient gene for something, then of course Jack would have to be there...see? No need to write anyone out. Any good writer can come up with minor storylines that require all the characters they want to include, especially with the lesser time constraints of a movie.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Hey guys. I do hate that we won't have Vala in the movie but I am waiting to see the "why?".

So I say Woohoo for Vala Mal Doran!!!!! I love the Character and the actress that plays her.

*runs out* I really don't like fight threads. I'm back to the D/V thread... Calling all Fruitcakes to come and show their support by keeping the love going.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Toomi

Comment

First, thanks to who it was (sorry I've already forgotten after reading all the post) who started this thread. This should allow some good discusstion and speculation.

Second, I was saddened to read BW's comment. I feel that Vala has earned the right to be in any and all movies. She is a part of SG-1, a full fledged member.

Third, as much I hope the reason Vala isn't being written into the movie is because Claudia is busy, I seriously doubt it. If that was the case, I don't believe that BW would have made the comment the way he did.

Do we know if there has been any comments from Claudia?
                        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely gutted.

I am one of those fans who came through seasons 1-8, and I was incredibly wary of what was to come once Rick left the show. I've always admitted it took me a good season and a second viewing to warm up to Cam, but Vala managed to capture my heart by the end of Avalon. Her wit, sarcasm, and all round cavalier attitude was so reminiscent of Jack's own dry banter that I found myself quickly adjusting. It always amused me when people proclaimed love for Jack, and had only vitriol for Vala because of their very similarities. Essentially both broken people looking for a way home. One hid behind self deprecation and the other hid behind a wall of attitude.

I was so disappointed when I read that she will not be in the next movie. If it's Claudia's decision then that's absolutely fair enough, but it worries me that all we've heard is a sentence on a blog with no real clarification as to why. For me, Vala is as much a member of SG1 as any other character. Season 10 set out to establish that. And I still believe that she has a place on that team.

Like I said. Absolutely gutted.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                            Okay good for you. But this thread is to discuss the fact they aren't including Vala in the Third movie.

But I agree, if Jack is replaced someone it should be Cam. We can not have three bloody leaders. Colonel Carter, General O'Neill and colonel Mitchell! The three of them would be ordering no one around, as the rest of SG1, Daniel teal'c and Vala are not air force, they don't have to follow orders.

It'd be pretty stupid to dismantle and reassemble SG1 again. They going to keep doing that between films, to explain actors not being there? I think Sam's arrangement to leave SG1 (EATG spoilers fyi) won't happen until after this movie.
                            So she probably won't be in the fourth SG1 movie.

Anyway, we are getting off topic here, Need to get back to the matter at hand. No discussions on who is replacing who on the team, etc.
                            If General O'Niell orders Colonel Carter or Colonel Mitchell around they will have to follow orders

I would have liked to have seen her in the third movie as she brings a quirky less serious side to the team. Does she have other commitments?

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                              If General O'Niell orders Colonel Carter or Colonel Mitchell around they will have to follow orders

I would have liked to have seen her in the third movie as she brings a quirky less serious side to the team. Does she have other commitments?
                              Ach you're right there. I made a bad mistake with rankings.
                              Also yes Claudia Black does have some other commitments, she's doing voice over work for Uncharted 2, a PS3 game. But that's not scheduled for release until the end of 2009.
                              I doubt that would eat up all her time so she couldn't do the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One
                                . 3) With the Ori dealt with, things were decidedly quiet on the Milky Way front. While not disbanded, SG-1 (made up of Daniel, Teal’c, Mitchell, and Vala) curtailed their off-world exploits.[/url]
                                See, this just says she wasn't a member then. She is back now, as she was for Continuum, which took place just after season 4 ended, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X