This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
    I've asked the question about liberal vs conservative because of some extremely passionate in a negative way letters at SciFi's website, about Vala. Their authors were definitely TOO conservative.
    I'd just say they were conservative about certain things, not *Too* conservative because that implies a value judgment and a label. Some people think Carter is not professional looking/a disgrace to the military because of the way she is wearing her hair, yet some those same people see instances in Jack and Daniel's behavior which leads them to fantasize that they are engaged in a physical relationship, so I don't think people can be labeled as being too conservative just because they don't like a specific thing.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      Oh not just fangirls, my husband and son came back to the show just because of the mini series and Vala!
      Mini series?
      You sure we're talking about the same show?
      Vala? Oh, she's not that bad. She's actually a good character.
      Out of the SGC. Her "intergreation" into a military team doesn't strike me as logicial, nor realistic. Had she remained a recurring alien character, then it would have been ok for me.
      Besides, her humour was too much "in your face"... like the last seasons anyway, which is another problem I have with the direction the show took.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
        I think it's pretty obvious anyhow that there are enough well-liked characters and enough plot left in Stargate to create several movies even with eventual loss of characters. We'll start having integration between both casts eventually and the missing characters will be missed by us, but Stargate won't be crippled by character X and Y's loss.
        There are many stories left to tell. What matters is who tells them and how.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

To be honest even if people say that the film is total crap I'm still going to watch it, I always like to make my own mind up and I don't let what people say about a film put me off. What some people don't like might be something I love, I'm sure this won't be to everyone's tastes just like there are films out there I don't like.

And I don't think we should worry about the other film yet or whether there's going to be a third one or not, if it happens then that would be brilliant, but if it doesn't then it doesn't.

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          Amanda managed to juggle Atlantis, 2 SG-1 movies and Sanctuary this year, so I think she will do another movie.
          Even if they were to make a third one she may not want to be in it, she may want to do other things or concentrate on Sanctuary or Atlantis or something else. But who knows.

Lt. Aiden Ford: How could something as big as Atlantis just sink?
          Maj. John Sheppard: I'm sure the passengers on the Titanic were asking themselves the same thing.
          Dr. Rodney McKay: As it is, I may have to forgo reproducing.
          Maj. Lorne: Yeah, that's funny, I was just thinking that might be wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Emilia Sheppard View Post
            To be honest even if people say that the film is total crap I'm still going to watch it, I always like to make my own mind up and I don't let what people say about a film put me off. What some people don't like might be something I love, I'm sure this won't be to everyone's tastes just like there are films out there I don't like.

And I don't think we should worry about the other film yet or whether there's going to be a third one or not, if it happens then that would be brilliant, but if it doesn't then it doesn't.
            There are more chances that you'll like the film than despise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
              There are more chances that you'll like the film than despise it.
              I probably will, because I love the show and this looks great, but I won't know until I see it.

Lt. Aiden Ford: How could something as big as Atlantis just sink?
              Maj. John Sheppard: I'm sure the passengers on the Titanic were asking themselves the same thing.
              Dr. Rodney McKay: As it is, I may have to forgo reproducing.
              Maj. Lorne: Yeah, that's funny, I was just thinking that might be wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Emilia Sheppard View Post
                I probably will, because I love the show and this looks great, but I won't know until I see it.
                Get back once you have...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I definitely don't like how slowly MGM is releasing these DVDs. With that said, I'm sure the entire cast will be back for a third if/when that is green lighted. Doing a movie is not the same commitment as doing a tv series. Even if Amanda's Sanctuary is a big hit (and get a full second season order), I'm sure she will find the time to be in the third movie in some capacity. From what I understand, the major hold up for the first two movies end up being the special effects.
                  I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
                    I definitely don't like how slowly MGM is releasing these DVDs. With that said, I'm sure the entire cast will be back for a third if/when that is green lighted. Doing a movie is not the same commitment as doing a tv series. Even if Amanda's Sanctuary is a big hit (and get a full second season order), I'm sure she will find the time to be in the third movie in some capacity. From what I understand, the major hold up for the first two movies end up being the special effects.
                    I'm sure the entire cast will be back as well. The actors will make the time.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There will be more. There has to be more. They will make more, just like there will be a Serenity sequel.

I'm trying a power of positive thinking thing.
                      ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
                      Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

Originally posted by ImmrtlofDrknss View Post
                        There will be more. There has to be more. They will make more, just like there will be a Serenity sequel.

I'm trying a power of positive thinking thing.
                        Serenity? I'm sorry but that movie completly disrespected us Firefly fans.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Actually, I kind of enjoyed Serenity.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Get back once you have...
                              Perhaps you should too watch the WHOLE DVD with extra features and then come back here.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                I'm sure the entire cast will be back as well. The actors will make the time.
                                I'm positive about it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X