This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
    I guess I know why... at another board I attend everybody was very happy with the "SECOND ORIGINAL TEAM" and the 5 1/4 episodes MINI-SERIES. But those people are somebody else's fans, not Sam Carter.
    Oy Sunshine if you had actually watched episodes of SG-1 that didn't have CB in it you would know how laughable that "2nd original team" label is

You liked it, others didn't, so what.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
      If I may...how did the first 5 episodes of S9 prove that the the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c was just perfect? And to whom was that proven?
      Waves hand in the air.
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        I hardly call AoT utter crap. It is awesome IMHO.

I agree, I can't wait for my copy to come to watcht he finished product.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          No, the ones that don't buy are sickened by the utter crap called "Ark of Truth" that they saw.

And even though I will never again watch that horrid movie, I'm going to buy it because I love Stargate.
          This... I don't get it. I'm a huge fan of Stargate, but it's become really painful and embarassing to watch.
          If you really dislike the movie, why buy it?
          Why give the producers the illusion that they can keep making such crap and getting paid for that?
          Don't give them your money, keep it for real movies, and only then you'll be sending a message.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Couldn't agree more. And I would like to remind everybody that the first 5 episodes of season 9 proved that the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c is just perfect.
            Yes, as long as you forget that we're talking about the SGC, a secret military project.
            But I can understand how lovecreek style character writing strikes the hearts of certain fangirls.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
              Yes, as long as you forget that we're talking about the SGC, a secret military project.
              But I can understand how lovecreek style character writing strikes the hearts of certain fangirls.

Oh not just fangirls, my husband and son came back to the show just because of the mini series and Vala!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                Oh not just fangirls, my husband and son came back to the show just because of the mini series and Vala!

And my husband refused to watch S9 and 10 precisely because of those same reasons.

Fangirls; fanboys – all the same. If the writing/storyline is bad, then for me, having it feature my favorite character (or interaction between 2 characters) doesn't automatically raise the episode level to really good or great. I think the entire Ori storyline was just absolutely horrible, dull, totally unimaginative; the old super weapon that can destroy the enemy is way overdone, etc.

All the team of Vala, Mitchell, Daniel and Teal'c did for me was to remind me how much I missed the original SG-1 team. I'm probably in the minority, but I never found Vala calling Teal'c "muscles" to be cute, funny or endearing. I thought it was as stupid as having her bring along her hair dryer on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                  And my husband refused to watch S9 and 10 precisely because of those same reasons.
                  Just one question: are you and your husband more conservative or liberal in real life, no matter TV shows?

Comment

Just one question: are you and your husband more conservative or liberal in real life, no matter TV shows?
                    Liberal, although I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I have some friends who are conservative in real life who also didn't like S9 and S10 – which proves nothing at all – other than liberalism or conservatism has nothing to do with not liking the Ori storyline, I think.

Comment

Everyone, you MUST use spoiler tags if you are going to discuss plot elements from "The Ark of Truth."
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I see what you're getting at, but I'm most certainly not a prude when it comes to sex, yet Vala's attitude in S10 really was without a shadow of a doubt, ANNOYING. And I LOVE 9&10.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                          Well, though I have been a fan for all 10 seasons with ups and downs for each of them, I have to say it wasn't just fangirls that came back. A lot of the guys in my sci-fi club on campus lost interest in Stargate during the second half of 7 and for 8. And they came back to watch for 9 and 10 and are excited about the movies. (I don't know what they've thought of the movie gossip yet since we've only had one meeting since classes started yet).

But it was various complaints on their part, RDA phoning it in, didn't like focus on Sam's lovelife when she was chick as old as their mothers, so it was gross. (Which I massively disagree with and led to a gender/age discussion about romantic leads and threads and why it's okay for the old guys to 'get some' but not the older girls, but I digress).

Anyhow, it brought that demo back to watch it, college aged males I guess from my area anyhow. Change is going to scare some away, and change is going to bring new blood in. The movies may bring in new blood themselves.

I noticed on this board about seasons 9 and 10 in particular,some people that enjoyed the seasons don't like it that others hate it and critique it. And some people that really hated 9 and 10 seem to take it personal offense that others really liked it and attack them by talking about how it takes someone with low standards to enjoy those seasons. And over and over I see the Sam vs. Daniel thing --you liked it because Daniel was front and center, you hated it because Sam wasn't in it-- and the 'you only like it because Farscape characters are in it argument.

I think it's pretty obvious anyhow that there are enough well-liked characters and enough plot left in Stargate to create several movies even with eventual loss of characters. We'll start having integration between both casts eventually and the missing characters will be missed by us, but Stargate won't be crippled by character X and Y's loss.
                          sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            I see what you're getting at, but I'm most certainly not a prude when it comes to sex, yet Vala's attitude in S10 really was without a shadow of a doubt, ANNOYING. And I LOVE 9&10.
                            For the most part, I enjoyed 9 and 10 as well, and I thought Vala's characterization was uneven. I was okay with the vixen/space pirate characterization. And I would have been okay with the more troubled/lost/searching for a home type of characterization. But it felt like we got both off and on at random times with 'dumb blonde steryotype' stuff thrown in as well. And it's not like CB isn't a good actress or anything like that. She's got a a gazillion award nominations and I thought at least one or two wins.

I do think ladyinred has a little bit of a point regarding one's personal tastes and leanings regarding which seasons you enjoyed. And maybe age and gender as well. I see too many people making snide remarks about each other rather than the material itself for it to not be really personal to some people.
                            sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                              I do think ladyinred has a little bit of a point regarding one's personal tastes and leanings regarding which seasons you enjoyed. And maybe age and gender as well. I see too many people making snide remarks about each other rather than the material itself for it to not be really personal to some people.
                              I've asked the question about liberal vs conservative because of some extremely passionate in a negative way letters at SciFi's website, about Vala. Their authors were definitely TOO conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                                For the most part, I enjoyed 9 and 10 as well, and I thought Vala's characterization was uneven. I was okay with the vixen/space pirate characterization. And I would have been okay with the more troubled/lost/searching for a home type of characterization. But it felt like we got both off and on at random times with 'dumb blonde steryotype' stuff thrown in as well. And it's not like CB isn't a good actress or anything like that. She's got a a gazillion award nominations and I thought at least one or two wins.

Age and gender actually doesn't matter. You'll find Vala/CB fans among teenagers of both sexes, but also among 40+ and much more adult and mature people. It all depends on somebody's personal sense of humor and taste.
                                As for the awards - Claudia won Saturn Award for The Best Actress on TV in 2005 for "Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars" mini-series (was nominated to Saturn for Aeryn Sun's part at least 4 times earlier), was nominated to Saturn for Vala's part, and last year Canadian audience awarded her with Constellation Award for the best performance for "Memento Mori" episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X