This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Pre-orders for AOT are massive! I don't see Continuum doing any worse.

Even if Tapping isn't available for the next movie I doubt tptb would let that be a factor in whether they make it or not.
    No, but I'm sure if it were Shanks it would be a totally different story

I can't see tptb doing a film if Chris, Michael or Amanda aren't on board, and the same goes for Ben, and possible Claudia too.

Comment

To be honest, even if all the actors were not available I think they'd still make movies. The original idea behind SGU was supposed to be for a Stargate feature that wouldn't have used the existing cast. All we need for SG movies is a Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
        And don't forget, AT is not the only person that is working on other projects right now. I highly doubt that everyone else can do other projects, but as soon as AT finds additional interests, suddenly any additional Stargate movies will cease to exist.

News has come out about CJ making both a feature film and his own tv show pilot too. BB and CB have both had projects going on which I don't know the specifics of, but I think BB's is a sci-fi miniseries he's behind the scenes on and CB got sidelined by her pregnancy for a bit. I haven't heard anything about MS other than his role in CJ's Angel thing, but I'd find it hard to believe that he isn't going to be in anything ever again. Plus, I've heard from con reports that he and his wife prefer not to be heavily working at the same time because of the kids.

Eventually, yeah, I think cast will drift away as they become heavily involved with other things. But I find it interesting that news can pop up about everyone elses projects, but as soon as AT becomes more involved in her own projects, Stargate films will draw to a standstill. It makes it sound like AT isn't good enough to handle several things at a time if she's interested in them like all the other actors. Or it makes it sound like the entire concept of Stargate movies is dependent on heavily featuring AT or Sam Carter, which I find kind of disrespectful to the other actors and characters involved in the film.
        Couldn't agree more. And I would like to remind everybody that the first 5 episodes of season 9 proved that the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c is just perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          Yes, I thought the last two seasons were among the best the writers ever came up with. Which is why I take offense when people call me a "hater" and all that stuff; I loved the new SG-1 and the direction it was going, I just can't believe the piece of crud that they created to finish off such a promising arc...
          hmmmm. still don't really understand what see is wrong with it. but this isn't the thread to discuss it so never mind eh.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I suppose they could make a film that leads into the third series. Kind of like BSG, but a DVD movie instead of a mini series.

Amanda managed to juggle Atlantis, 2 SG-1 movies and Sanctuary this year, so I think she will do another movie.

Comment

I wouldn't be heartbroken if there won't be a third movie.

Spoiler:
              The fact that they made a frelling replicator (AGAIN!) episode out of Ark Of Truth killed this movie for me as I said before.

And I'm not looking forward to Continuum because I hate those types of stories.

I will however buy the DVDs because I love Stargate and I haven't given up hope that one day TPTB might be capable again to give us quality entertainment. But seeing it as it is with the current Stargate on the air it is doubtfull that they would even remotely come up with a good story for a third movie. I know I am one of those ANTIs but to good reasons imo.
              Last edited by Darren; 02 February 2008, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Besides. The movies are NOT SG1. They are Stargate. Regardless of the fact that they star SG1, furture movies can focus on any aspect of the SG franchise including Atlantis, much like the Trek movies.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

AoT was average. I waited more creative story and they could have done better to finish the Ori plot. But it wasn't wrong either, so it is worth to watch and buy it.

I think if they make a third movie in this year, it will be filmed in July-August, so AT will be available at that time. But I can imagine an adventure withour her too.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    No, but I'm sure if it were Shanks it would be a totally different story

I can't see tptb doing a film if Chris, Michael or Amanda aren't on board, and the same goes for Ben, and possible Claudia too.
                    Of course it would be different, for me anyway. I like Daniel.

I'm sure tptb wouldn't worry too much if one of them couldn't be in the next movie. Well, everyone except Shanks of course, you can't make a movie without the star!
                    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

What can I imagine for 2008 - 2009?

3rd movie - an SG-1-Worlds adventure (SG:W game pilot movie)
                      4th movie - an SG-1-Atlantis cross-over
                      5th movie - a Universe pilot movie

If one of them is going to be made, than we will be happy.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                        Of course it would be different, for me anyway. I like Daniel.

I'm sure tptb wouldn't worry too much if one of them couldn't be in the next movie. Well, everyone except Shanks of course, you can't make a movie without the star!
                        gg shooting yourself in the foot

Comment

The Reason that Ms. Tapping or MR. Anderson won't buy it is because they will probably be given copys think about it why would they buy something that they were paid to make come one that's a little stupid and I don't mean to offend anyone
                          C. Edmund

Comment

I am very confident that we will at least get one more SG-1 movie.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              What can I imagine for 2008 - 2009?

3rd movie - an SG-1-Worlds adventure (SG:W game pilot movie)
                              4th movie - an SG-1-Atlantis cross-over
                              5th movie - a Universe pilot movie

If one of them is going to be made, than we will be happy.
                              that sounds pretty logical and cool...

i could however see one of the major movies (3 or 4) being used as a "Springboard" for a new Stargate series

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

We'll get one more movie or more, of that I'm certain. I'm quite sure that Ark of Truth and Continuum will do well enough to give it a try. It will probably be used as an introduction to SGU.

From then on, I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                                X