Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would AT doing another sci-fi show have to do with making an SG-1 movie? Actors have more than one thing going on all the time- this year alone she had 2 movies, a TV series and 8 webisodes for Sanctuary. Movies are great for TV actors because they can film them during the hiatus between seasons, which is something like four months of down time.

I think a third movie will happen because if AoT sales are strong, I predict Continuum sales will be even better just because of the Jack O'Neill factor. Also, I guess it's pretty inexpensive to make straight-to-DVD films, so they'll turn a nice profit. I bet we hear plans of another movie sometime late this spring, once the AoT figures are in and the Continuum presales allow a decent predicition of that movie's profit margin.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      Well, everyone except Shanks of course, you can't make a movie without the star!
      Yeah, that would be why when RDA left they didn't go on to make seasons 9, 10, and the movies. Oh wait! They did.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        Yeah, that would be why when RDA left they didn't go on to make seasons 9, 10, and the movies. Oh wait! They did.
        RDA was supposed to be the star!!! I am so not getting my memos!

Seriously, in later years Jack had become somewhat of a joke imo and had a much reduced role in season 8 anyway. He ceased being the star of the show long before that. To me SG1 was always an ensemble show and as such could indeed stand to lose one or more of it's leads.

Yes even MS. Not that I would buy any movie that didn't include MS/DJ but that is just me.
        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by methosivanhoe View Post
          that sounds pretty logical and cool...

i could however see one of the major movies (3 or 4) being used as a "Springboard" for a new Stargate series

M
          I think the ending of Contiuum might setup SG:Universe.

Here's what I think the series of events will be for planning Movie # 3:

Everything waits until late summer '08 to determine projected revenues of more movies based on the numbers from Continuum.

Once those numbers are determined and a budget is established, TPTB will start approaching the actors and check their availability for filming in 2009 March - July.

Around January 1st 2009, they start writing the script based on which actors are signed on.

Filming March through July 2009.

Post production through early 2010

Movie #3 released March 2010

Movie #4 released July 2010

That's all based on the current production schedule and starting the process for the next filming cycle.
          The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Whats the new scifi series that Tapping will be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
              Couldn't agree more. And I would like to remind everybody that the first 5 episodes of season 9 proved that the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c is just perfect.
              If I may...how did the first 5 episodes of S9 prove that the the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c was just perfect? And to whom was that proven?

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                Yes, I thought the last two seasons were among the best the writers ever came up with. Which is why I take offense when people call me a "hater" and all that stuff; I loved the new SG-1 and the direction it was going, I just can't believe the piece of crud that they created to finish off such a promising arc...
                I hardly call AoT utter crap. It is awesome IMHO.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  Amanda managed to juggle Atlantis, 2 SG-1 movies and Sanctuary this year, so I think she will do another movie.
                  Yep, I agree. Actors do generally have more than one thing going at a time.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I am very confident that we will at least get one more SG-1 movie.
                  So do I

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                  Whats the new scifi series that Tapping will be in.
                  Sanctuary
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    I hardly call AoT utter crap. It is awesome IMHO.
                    Well, you're entitles to that opinion, and I respectfully disagree.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Couldn't agree more. And I would like to remind everybody that the first 5 episodes of season 9 proved that the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c is just perfect.
                      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wow. I laughed myself blue.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
                        The ones that said they don't buy the movies are the ones that want to see the movies for free without paying a penny for them.
                        Excuse me?

IF (and see how I stress the if) AoT had been wonderful and fantastic even with a bit of special effect missing... I would have gotten it, hoping of course there would be a special edition cause I love those double disc DVD's. More extra's make me a happy fangirl.... BUT AoT failed to deliver, and therefor I find it not worth one penny (or eurocent).

No, the ones that don't buy are sickened by the utter crap called "Ark of Truth" that they saw.
                        Second that.

Yes, I thought the last two seasons were among the best the writers ever came up with. Which is why I take offense when people call me a "hater" and all that stuff; I loved the new SG-1 and the direction it was going, I just can't believe the piece of crud that they created to finish off such a promising arc...
                        Second that.
                        Spoiler:
                        The replicator-plot killed it completely.

And I would like to remind everybody that the first 5 episodes of season 9 proved that the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c is just perfect.
                        Oh so true.
                        Last edited by Darren; 02 February 2008, 11:23 AM.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Last 2 Seasons of SG1 stank for the most part.

What would have made it interesting and more plausible?

If the Asgard actually helped fight the Ori, O'Neills with beam weapons. Nox some how got invovled as well and whatever remained of the Tollans and a lot of more To'kra involvement. It was just Earth and more Earth. It would have made a much more complex and interesting story.

SGA was far better for the most part than SG1 seasons 8-10. However, it may be falling to the same trap: Introduce ultra powerful enemies (Asurans) and take them so cheesily and rather easily. It would have been quite interesting to see 1 episode where the Asurans were fighting the Wraith (SGA team playing a secondary part in the war by siding with the Wraith).

Comment

Actually it proved just the opposite to me as I thought those episodes excluding "The Powers that Be" were utter crap.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                              Actually it proved just the opposite to me as I thought those episodes excluding "The Powers that Be" were utter crap.
                              I guess I know why... at another board I attend everybody was very happy with the "SECOND ORIGINAL TEAM" and the 5 1/4 episodes MINI-SERIES. But those people are somebody else's fans, not Sam Carter.

Comment

I guess I know why... at another board I attend everybody was very happy with the "SECOND ORIGINAL TEAM" and the 5 1/4 episodes MINI-SERIES. But those people are somebody else's fans, not Sam Carter.
                                LOLOLOL

Oh man that's rich. Please don't try to figure me out. I won't fit in the box you're painting me in.

"Second original team" and "5 1/4 episode miniseries" are incredibly transparent fandom jokes as far as I'm concerned. Do you not get that the reason they enjoyed those episodes were because Sam wasn't in it and because Daniel was a big focus? That they loved Vala because Vala meant Daniel would get more screen time? Just so you know...the episodes didn't suck because Sam wasn't in it or wasn't a focus of them. They sucked for me because I thought the Ori story was horrid and cliche.

As for a third movie...I thought the Ark of Truth was a horrible cliche, wrapped in a cliche with a big cliche bow, like the Ori were from the onset. But I said that already.

If future planned movies are like AoT, then I hope they scrap the idea.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X