• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockwave
    was an enjoyable ep
    loved Dr. Lee
    loved Landry "There is no dimension you can hide"
    didn't like the wipeout of the Sodan, at least Haikon survived
    Yeah. Hope he makes a full recovery and is able to help out.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
      Not necessarily. Go to www.scifi.com/stargate and watch the preview there
      Guess there's no question as to what class of ship the Korelev is

Comment

Originally posted by sindicate
        I liked this one, SG3 all carrying G36s was cool, wife had a good laugh at the Brown boots and Olive Drab uniforms women lol
        Your wife is right!

I have to admit, those bugged me too. Because I kept thinking they were barefoot, because of the color of the boots was so light.

Comment

It did look Quite funny I will admit lol

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Good character interactions in this episode. Yay! I especially loved Sam and Daniel. Those 2 characters are great together (non-shippy) and I wish we'd see more of them. And I didn't even hate Mitchell. He did go off half cocked, but he was slightly more restrained than some times.
            The continued probelm I have with Mitchell and his attitude of "look at me - the big man" is that, once again, one of the BIG 3, in this case poor Teal'c, had to save HIS sorry butt AGAIN. Yeah, Yeah big good selfless guy goes running off to "save" Teal'c and the Sodan - my a$$ - he could not have done anything in the state he was in and in the end he got into trouble AGAIN because the device was figured out but where was he - somewhere he should not have been and it got him into trouble and as a result Teal'c had to once again save him. What a plot tool.

On the other hand I really liked the Carter and Daniel interaction - it was like the good old days. The Science Twins solving the problem. The reactions of both to Daniel being in Carter's phase was great especially when Carter said that it would go faster now that Daniel was in her dimension and they both gave that shoulder hunch and grin.

I liked Lee but he is becoming a bit of a cliche himself - I wish TPTB would get over this obsession with silly, dumb-down humor and get back to what made the show great or good every week not just mediocre once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
              I'm definately not speaking for anyone on this board, but from my perspective and how I felt about it is, that it looks like many enjoyed the Sam and Daniel aspect of the show. They enjoyed that both Sam and Daniel reverted back to their old selves and were the science twins agains. But I'm also getting from most of the posts, that even though Mitchell wasn't as "annoying" as in other episodes, he was still his same self with being stupid and going off world while he was phased out to be with Teal'c. I even think Teal'c's response to seeing him showed that even he thought he was stupid....lol.

No, for me, Mitchell is lost. I'm not sure they can even fix him after all this time. Their mistake was filming the second half during the off period instead of like most shows where they film only a few weeks before air date. If they had done that, they would have seen fan reaction and could have fixed it before the season ended. Instead they kept Mitchell as this loud, abnoxious, wise cracking, go-in-think-later hero and thought it would endere to the fans and it backfired. Now it's too late and they are going to keep him that way and shove him down our throats and tell us he's great and we love him and bow down to the leader of SG1. That's my take on it.

Man, I can't believe I just wrote all that even though I really liked this episode...lol. But unfortunately, that's how I feel about Mitchell. He's the one factor that ruins a good episode for me.
              Well that's it for me too. Well spoken. I will say again, I lilked Browder in FS - here as Mitchell - nope - too bad it is such a poorly written and conceived character.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                yeah. the plots are so thin and rife with convenient bits that you really can't take them seriously. cause if you do you just spend all your time noticing how tossed together and sloppy they are

and i second the person, what the heck was sg12 doing in desert boots? and where the heck did these elbow and knee pads come from? were they expecting some roller hockey with the sodan or something?
                The knee, and elbow pads are used in real Special Forces situtations, and the plots are not thin.

For all of you who think the old episodes are so great I give you this line. "Surrender the building is full of secrutiy." That was in the episode the tollan speices was wiped out. I mean come on that was suck a bad line, there are more bad lines from the orginals. The old episodes are like the 50's. We have so romanticized them, that we really don't remeber them all to well.
                Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Right firstly people complaining about it being recent development in stargate for rushing all the pieces into place to set up the finale?

right Season 1 penultimate ep, daniel really conveniently gets sent to an alternate reality and learns apophis is on his way, oh and conveniently finds out the gate address for apophis' staging grounds (we find this is in fact his mothership) meaning SG-1 now have an incredible leg up in trying to avoid the invasion.

so this setup is in fact longer, as the first pieces were laid in ripple effect with the "second beachhead" comments.

other similar short conveniences s6, full circle, what anubis suddenly has this super weapon, and the eye of ra just happens to be in a friendly and easily located place, (which of course daniel never found in his year on the planet)

s5 is exempt because it was just plain weird ending.
                  Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Does anyone else have trouble staying subscribed to episode threads? This is the second time that I've posted in a thread, received notifications and updates in "my controls" and then it quit after a day or two and I have to post another comment to resubscribe. Lucky for me, I guess, that I have more to say after reading everyone's comments.

Dr. Lee is my favorite character and I'm always happy to see him in an episode, he's guaranteed to always make me laugh. But I'm a little disturbed at how he's being written these days. He's always seemed a little befuddled to me, but at least he's always been a competent scientist. Now they're just writing him as an incompetent befuddled scientist. I think there's plenty of scope for humor without sacrificing his abilities. Also, it wasn't quite believable to me that one or two little key strokes on the keyboard would deplete the power supply of that ancient device.

I wonder why they didn't think of purposely sending Daniel to the other dimension to decipher the writing himself? I know there was a possibility of him not getting back, but it would make sense for the solution to be there and be implemented. Perhaps an acceptable risk (if they didn't write Dr. Lee as so bumbling).

Loved the double jeopardy line! Hated the miniaturization theory. Sad to see the Sodan wiped out--I wish it could have been written another way.

Interesting that even though Teal'c had to save his sorry hide, that Mitchell was the one who grabbed the control crystal. When the plan was made to blow up Volnek, I wondered if that would blow up the crystal as well--didn't seem to be totally thought through to me. Good thing Mitchell grabbed it.

I'm not at all bothered by Teal'c's shirt or double weapon. I guess if you think about it, he's a pretty burly guy and if he's not carrying the staff weapon anymore (which requires two hands), why shouldn't he carry two weapons. Obviously he can handle them, and it seems like a good idea to be able to fire in two directions or spray over a wide area or one after the other in close succession. I don't suppose it would be believeable for a human, but it would for a Jaffa--at least for me.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for Myrddin to make a weapon against the ancients. The ancients aren't perfect, which I'm sure he was aware of. He's taking the long view and being proactive.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the show and I'm sad to see the season coming to a close--only two more episodes. *sigh*

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                      Does anyone else have trouble staying subscribed to episode threads? This is the second time that I've posted in a thread, received notifications and updates in "my controls" and then it quit after a day or two and I have to post another comment to resubscribe. Lucky for me, I guess, that I have more to say after reading everyone's comments.

*snip*
                      Yeah, I also have that problem sometimes. I had to post this morning just to ensure that I stayed subscribed to this thread.
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                        You know, I wouldn't have minded Lee's mistake when he sent Daniel out of phase so much, if it weren't for the Honey I Shrunk the Kids moment earlier.

Sending Daniel out of phase was an accident based on research into the problem and some understanding of what had happened. It wasn't an out of the blue thing. It wouldn't have seemed so stupid to me, if they hadn't already played him up as an idiot who watches too many kids movies.
                        yeah, they sacrificed lee's competance to get a quick joke in.

ok, let's see what's more plausible

going out of phase. well that's happened to daniel before, we got the reetou that exist out of phase, it's a canon established idea

miniturization - yeah, ok, doubts are in if that's even physically possible since all that mass that you lose HAS to go somewhere. It's like if you shrink a photo down in photoshop, you can't then expand it and make it big again without itlooking like crud because photoshop has already thrown away all those extra pixels it didn't need for the smaller pic

physics suggests that miniaturization won't work

so to hell with the established phenomenon, let's get in a disney joke

made NO sense at all and made lee look like a moron.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                          Well that's it for me too. Well spoken. I will say again, I lilked Browder in FS - here as Mitchell - nope - too bad it is such a poorly written and conceived character.
                          mitch is so incoherently written that he's becoming a joke.

not only is he a maverick, he seems to be a maverick with a death wish. either that or they think for him to be the big man and hero he has to senselessly endanger his life on a weekly basis.

i do agree iwth sam and daniel's annoyance at him. they have this 'yeah, we'd love to kick him to the curb, but we're stuck with him. And the only reason we haven't assigned him to another team is cause at least we're experienced enough to fix what he screws up' attitutde.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                            Loved the double jeopardy line!
                            Man, I'm missing references left and right in this episode. When was this?
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Interesting. I suppose if anyone was to figure out how to combat an ascended being from this plane of existance, it would have to be an ascended being. It's interesting to know that that dimension shifting thing hides you from ascended beings. Raises questions about the Crystal Skull aliens.....

The question is: How does one target an ascended being with this weapon? Can it be used to kill Anubis and free Oma?

Side note: Dr. Lee is awesome.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                mitch is so incoherently written that he's becoming a joke.

i do agree iwth sam and daniel's annoyance at him. they have this 'yeah, we'd love to kick him to the curb, but we're stuck with him. And the only reason we haven't assigned him to another team is cause at least we're experienced enough to fix what he screws up' attitutde.
                                Or the only reason they haven't applied for a transfere. He is their boss. Also, he may be annoying, but he gets the job done. Teel'ca would probably be dead if Cam hadn't done the distraction thing.
                                Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Working...
                                X