No announcement yet.

Arthur's Mantle (918)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Teal'c heard about Ronon and decided to show off his biceps too.

Anyhow as for Myrrdin (Merlin)....

I think that Myrrdin was much like Oma or Orlin... he was one of the more senisible ones. As in those who would take action rather than just sit on their divine-ascended arses. Thats why he went off on his own to find a way in which to fight the Ori. Its quite obvious he's not one of the peace-niks, and one who truly doesn't like the Ori to the point of wanting to wipe them out.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
      Must be the same person who ripped all the sleeves off his shirts.

I know the feeling, but I got more of a "no one can see you, you can't touch anything, what could you possibly do" vibe in this case. And, I'm happy to say I haven't gotten any shippy feeling watching Sam and Mitchell together.

You said it!!!!!
      Please let’s not go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one thing I dislike about this episode. Where was Teal’c staff weapon? In the old Stargate they would have explained where it was. Did he misplace it? Why is he carrying two machine guns? That’s just not right!
      Enough of that, the rest of this episode was wonderful, So much like the Stargate That I have come to know and Love.
      Amanda was wonderfully funny and did a fabulous job as always.
      Michael did a terrific job also.
      Plus Christopher did what he does best.
      It was great to see that old Sam, Daniel interaction that we haven’t seen in a while. I miss that, very much.
      All in all I loved this episode. It felt like coming home.
      Good Job Guys!
      Last edited by yowo; 24 February 2006, 09:33 PM.

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Originally posted by yowo
        There is only one thing I dislike about this episode. Where was Teal’c staff weapon? In the old Stargate they would have explained where it was. Did he misplace it? Why is he carrying two machine guns? That’s just not right!
        If I'm not mistaken, I have yet to see Teal'c carrying a staff weapon off-world as his weapon of choice this season. Maybe he's retired it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by yowo

You said it!!!!!
          Please let’s not go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough of that, the rest of this episode was wonderful, So much like the Stargate That I have come to know and Love.
          Amanda was wonderfully funny and did a fabulous job as always.
          Michael did a terrific job also.
          Plus Christopher did what he does best.
          It was great to see that old Sam, Daniel interaction that we haven’t seen in a while. I miss that, very much.
          All in all I loved this episode. It felt like coming home.
          Good Job Guys!
          Jack - "A Staff weapon is a weapon meant to intimidate, a P90 is a weapon of war, its meant to kill"

I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
            Jack - "A Staff weapon is a weapon meant to intimidate, a P90 is a weapon of war, its meant to kill"

Nice reference.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I actually liked this episode. I actually didn't mind Mitchell in it--he was not so overbearing and didn't grate on my nerves as much as he usually does--what is it with the food?? I especially liked the little "shoulder-shoving" between Carter and Mitchell when they realized they were "out of phase" together--I particularly liked that Carter got the last shove. It was better than I expected--as I said in a post in another thread--hope springs eternal. I give it a 3-1/2.
              "With all due respect, sir"......we're all due some respect.

Comment

When he said that he needed to ask them about each letter in order to figure out what the display said.

HELLLO.

Instead of asking specifically yes or no for each later, just use the "halving" method.

1) "Is the first letter in the first half of the alphabet"
                2) "The second?"
                3)"Out of the remaining letters, the first half?"

And so on. That is so kindergarten of Daniel to ask for each letter.
                "Ya shure, yaaa betcha."

Comment

Wouldn't that require some mathematical tricks? Right now, I couldn't tell you where the first half of the letters in the post ends and the second half begins without taking the time to count all the letters, divide by 2, and then count where the half mark is. And, then, doing that again to get the half of that. I like to think that it's not just because I'm a dunce at numbers, that other people wouldn't automatically know as well.

Plus, they'd still have to go through the whole page to find each corresponding letter to know where it was at all (they wouldn't know automatically), then jump through the mathematical hoops. Seems to me that would be more work than going through each letter.

(Any reason you didn't post this in the episode thread?)
                  I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

That woudl only work assuming that the people on the other side KNOW the symbols and their corresponding order in the ancient "alphabet" to call it that. The way they did it was probably the only way to do it.
                    "I swallowed a bug" River

Comment

I thought it was brilliant considering he is working with people that don't know ancient. He would pick a letter and then scan his finger to where the symbol was on the keyboard inturn they would hit yes.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I'm surprised at the somewhat positive reviews. I figured a lot of people would have hated this episode mainly because of Mitchel and his arrogant, "I don't have to follow orders and I know everything," attitude. I defend Mitchel most of the time, but this time i really found him annoying. I really hope their going to acknowledge the way he's been acting lately seeing as how the other team members seem to hint more and more at their distaste for his attitude. I think that if they do acknowledge it... this could be good Mitchel character development and the writers won't write him so obnoxious anymore and a little more serious.

I was disappointed that the Sodan were wiped out. I liked them and really thought that they could have been a good allie in the fight against the Sith... i mean the Ori. Sorry, i like the Ori alright but more and more they remind me of the Emperor from Star Wars. I think that Mitchel's Sodan friend was written off very cheapley. I thought that he was a cool character and at least deserved an onscreen death. Since i'm assuming Haikon survived i wonder since his people are all but dead, if he'll move to Dakara and hook up with the Jaffa there. Maybe start a political career, lol. It would be cool to see Haikon and Bra'tac interact, but that's just me.

So i wonder if what happened to the Oriified Sodan brother who killed everyone of his people is what the Ori warriors will be like. I mean are they merely just people who get infected with the Ori virus and mindlessly fight for the Ori looking like and sounding like a demon? If so, it's a little disappointing because i was hoping Ori warriors would be a warrior race like the Jaffa, from the Ori galaxy.

Next weeks episode looks good. I have high hopes for it... I wonder if TPTB will drag out the Ori as an enemy like the Goa'uld until the show ends or if they will be wiped out of existence sooner than we think. I honestly hope that the Merlin device is not the easy answer for destroying the Ori. That would be lame. It would be kind of like using a Nuclear bomb to kill God. Since that would be impossible it stretches my imagination far beyond it's outer-limits. Things just don't work that way. I was hoping for the ascended Alterrans to face off with the Ori in their higher plain of existence. Using tech to kill a larger than life enemy is kind of stupid especially after the ascended beings have been built up as larger than life beings.

Overall this episode was good. I liked the team moments and everything. It's just time to write Mitchel a little less arrogantly, annoying and with a little more substance.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuperCool
                          When he said that he needed to ask them about each letter in order to figure out what the display said.

HELLLO.

Instead of asking specifically yes or no for each later, just use the "halving" method.

1) "Is the first letter in the first half of the alphabet"
                          2) "The second?"
                          3)"Out of the remaining letters, the first half?"

And so on. That is so kindergarten of Daniel to ask for each letter.
                          You have only asked three questions, it's true, but you've yet to pinpoint a letter. And you've used up twenty-seven sylables and several dozen letters...

Hmmmm.
                          Last edited by Madeleine; 25 February 2006, 01:19 AM.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by FerCryinOutLoud!
                            I'm surprised at the somewhat positive reviews. I figured a lot of people would have hated this episode mainly because of Mitchel and his arrogant, "I don't have to follow orders and I know everything," attitude.
                            Well, no one gave him any orders in this episode, did they? No one ever said to him not to leave, Sam just questioned what he could do under the circumstances.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Again? Yet another episode that began with promise but soon turned into a comic book farce!
                              "Websters: Farce= A light dramatic work in which highly improbable plot situations, exaggerated characters, and often slapstick elements are used for humorous effect. "

Done badly as well--however--there where a few good minutes and all of them where when Mitchell was not in the scene.
                              What is happening? They begin well and just have to showcase BB regardless if it even fits the plot? Thus ruin the show--watching Stargate now is a matter of searching for a few minutes of the real thing amoung the nonsense that has become the show.

Am I the only one who sees the gradual loss of respect that Sam, Daniel and Teal'c have for Mitchell? As actors-AT, MS and CJ seem bored with what has been written for them. Like they have finally figured it out--they our no more than bit players to TPTB grand plan.

It as if TPTB just wants to get through this S9 so they can bring it on--CB and BB back together again and whatever else they have planned for their "new" show.

Best summed up by my 9 yr old granddaughter whos reaction to last nights show was "Where is Stargate"?

Comment

I found this one to be really pleasant to watch. I wasn't crazy about the last McCullough-written episode, but this one was much better.

I like the rapport that they've built between Mitchell and Sam and Mitchell and Teal'c. Mitchell's more animated personality doesn't bother as it apparently does others. It brings out what Ben Browder's strengths in much the same way that O'Neill's approach brought out RDA's strengths.

I watched it twice and this was only the second episode all season I could say that about.

Comment

Working...
                                X