Origin (903)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serebii
    Gerak seems a bit odd...he didnt seem as power hungry as he was made out to be in Avalon Part 2 though
    I imagine he was on his best behaviour for his first visit to the Tauri - after all, whether he likes it or not, we made it possible for him to nab control of the new Free Jaffa Nation. He's got to play nice with us; at least for the first official meet and greet, anyway!

Well, the Ori are an unnerving bunch, aren't they? Brr. And - hey, when they speak through someone, their eyes glow! The only difference here is that it's probable they don't need the fancy technological whizz-bangs to get their point across. Mind you, what a load of idiots us Tauri are - no sooner have we rid ourselves of one set of Galactic Overlord Types, we awaken the interest of another lot. Clever or what?

Originally posted by Matt G
    3. Jack, a bit flat overall.
    I felt the same, a bit. I'm not sure why, but there seemed to be something - a je ne sais quoi if you will - lacking, and Jack came across (to me, at least) as unusually subdued. Perhaps that was the intention - after all, Daniel's curiosity has led to the awakening of threat that could have devastating consequences for the Earth (imagine trying to deal with that without Joe Public finding out!).
    sigpic

Comment

In this episode the Daniel and Vala interaction was great and has been great so far, the Ori scary and I stand with Daniel over that one, Teal'c didn't seem to have many lines or was that just me, in the meeting Gerak wasnt even listening to the debate over naquada mines he was more interested in the Prior. In a way I am glad that this is out of the way it seemed to be dragged on for so long, looking foward to something a bit different next week, and yay Jack!!!!

Origin gets an S.G.C rating of 8 out of 9 Chevrons!

Comment

I have to say I liked it

Did remind me a bit of DS9 though....

Was a bit upset with Jack though, not an awful lot and not done very well. There was definitely something lacking.

But I definitely liked the episode and am amazed that my flatmates actually let me have the TV for an hour YAY!!

meh

Comment

Originally posted by chevroneight
          I have to say I liked it

Did remind me a bit of DS9 though....

Was a bit upset with Jack though, not an awful lot and not done very well. There was definitely something lacking.

But I definitely liked the episode and am amazed that my flatmates actually let me have the TV for an hour YAY!!

Lucky you!
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I'm getting the idea that certain of the Jaffa might not be as immune to false gods as they'd like to think. Could be a problem.

Good ep. Best line: "It wasn't us, I promise".

Madeleine

Comment

I really enjoyed Origin, Gossett does a bang up job as Gerak even before he

Spoiler:
              becomes a prior

I kinda saw that coming though.
              All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
              Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                I really enjoyed Origin, Gossett does a bang up job as Gerak even before he

Spoiler:
                becomes a prior

I kinda saw that coming though.
                I saw that coming too. It was kinda disappointing that the directors and actor couldn't hide that unavoidable outcome better to make it a surprise for the viewers.
                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

I saw this ep last night, it was actually as scary as when the Original Docter Who came out and people were hiding behind the sofas. I loved it, thought it was great.
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

The last scene really saved this episode for me. It was Daniel/Jack interaction at its best. The F302 Jack/Mitchell scene was an added bonus. Aside from that it was pretty meh.

And the ending hardly makes sense, you can't blow the device up becaue its so volitile yet you can vapourise in the swoosh to no ill effect? huh?!?!?
                    Last edited by Crazedwraith; 31 October 2005, 12:57 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

I'm assuming Daniel, during his brief return to consciousness, was able to help out on that score - I don't suppose he was able to come up with the solution directly (techno-stuff not being his field of expertise), but perhaps added that little extra bit of knowledge necessary for Dr Lee or someone to work out that a gate Kawoosh would to the business.

At a rough guess, I suppose (from previous evidence - e.g. the Tok'ra funeral in 'Allegiance' or even the last bit of 'The Enemy Within') the kawoosh simply breaks whatever it encounters down into its component atoms. It might even be capable of absorbing any release of energy such an event might trigger.

Or I could be talking a load of ignorance-driven cobblers. That's equally possible!
                      sigpic

Comment

Powerful episode... I think this is a testiment to how good Stargate is/can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                          Powerful episode... I think this is a testiment to how good Stargate is/can be.
                          You're right, it def shows how good Stargate stories can be and I must say, the Ori are so evil and pwerful, they are ****AMAZIN****

I wouldnt mind being a prior

Comment

Great episode!

The Doci guy was great. Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

"Hallowed are the Ori"? Actually, it should be "hollow are the Ori". What a cliche. You've got the nasty brow with the evil glowing eyes and all the flames. Could they have invented a more stereotypical sci-fi villian than these guys? Season 9 is pretty bad so far (11 episodes in), but this episode was the absolute low point.

You've got Cam going on about his grandma and then Landry chimes in about his. Is faith reserved only for grandmothers? Is it not "manly" to believe in something? The ham-handed display of hostility to faith is an affront to fans of this series, because SG-1 has always taken a more sophistocated low-key approach to the subject. Yes, they have always fought the Goa'uld and their methods because they claimed to be "gods", but they were always careful not to take sides in the arguments about whether there is a "God" or not. Now we have a whole episode where faith is under attack, and then at the very end Cam and Landry spend a minute or two saying "well, I loved my grandma so maybe we should not be so hostile". Too late, boys.
                              Shallow are the Ori!
                              sigpic

Comment

Wow. I don't think I've seen such a negative post to this ep. Oh, well. It's still one of my favs.
                                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X