Origin (903)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
    Wow. I don't think I've seen such a negative post to this ep. Oh, well. It's still one of my favs.
    I'm pretty new here, so if criticism on the episode threads is discouraged just let me know and I'll delete the post. Not a problem.
    Shallow are the Ori!
    sigpic

Comment

No, it's not discouraged, just so long as you don't ramble on and on about how the episode stunk. Even then, it's not against regs, some people just find it annoying. But don't worry, for the moment, you've escaped these guys .

BTW, welcome.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by OriKiller
        I'm pretty new here, so if criticism on the episode threads is discouraged just let me know and I'll delete the post. Not a problem.
        People might also "red" you.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
          No, it's not discouraged, just so long as you don't ramble on and on about how the episode stunk. Even then, it's not against regs, some people just find it annoying. But don't worry, for the moment, you've escaped these guys .

BTW, welcome.
          Looks like Teal'c shooting himself! Must be from Point of View, one of my favorite episodes! Thanks for the welcome.

Originally posted by BigGator5
          People might also "red" you.
          Perhaps you could tell me why you disagree?
          Shallow are the Ori!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OriKiller
            No there are no rules on that. It doesn't mean that, if you say something particularly contentious, that you might not get lots of replies arguing against you!

Before you start posting it would be a good idea to read our FAQ and familiarse yourself with what is and isn't against the rules. We've a lot of members on the forum, and quite a few have been here a long time, so you'll annoy a lot less people if you read the FAQ first

To read the FAQ click HERE

And to jump straight to the rules click HERE
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
              No there are no rules on that. It doesn't mean that, if you say something particularly contentious, that you might not get lots of replies arguing against you!
              That's OK, I learn a lot from people who argue against me and I don't take it personally.

Before you start posting it would be a good idea to read our FAQ and familiarse yourself with what is and isn't against the rules. We've a lot of members on the forum, and quite a few have been here a long time, so you'll annoy a lot less people if you read the FAQ first

To read the FAQ click HERE

And to jump straight to the rules click HERE
              I read those when I first joined, but I just read it again to make sure I've got it down. Thanks for the links!
              Shallow are the Ori!
              sigpic

Comment

i loved this episode because i learnt a little bit more abut the Ori than was said in the previous episodes. I can safely say that these Ori are going to be great enemies for the sgc better than the Goa'uld.

Comment

Nothing spectacular.

For fiery aliens, the Ori leave me cold.

The O'Niell bits at the end really clanged and clashed for me, too. They seemed to be almost like somebody said "Hey folks, RDA is here. Let's stick him in a uniform and have him do something."
                  sigpic

Comment

I liked Origin. The first 3 episodes set up the rest of the season (and the series) quite nicely. I like how the season is bookended by the first 3 episodes and Crusade and Camelot.

Nice Jack cameos with Daniel and Mitchell at the end too.

'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

I have not found the Ori "cliche" at all but well found to establish the link with demonology in earth legends and Daniel says the representation of gods as fire is not illogical in principle so that is not as simple as you say OriKiller...

Me I find interesting the new problematics: what is a god? "simply" all-power (and they are not all-powerful: they are not omniscient...) being? actually no, but primitive people in sg universe could believe it... and what the Ori propose (ascension) is not bad a priori.
                      And for me it does not attack faith, it attacks blind faith and if you believe really in god, you does not simply represent god as "all powerful", so you should not be affected

whatever, I respect your opinion OriKiller, even if I disagree with you...

on the episode itself, I found it very well, the tension is increasing and the dialog between Daniel and the Doci is already mythical the little cliff at the end until the kawoosh was also well.
                      Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

The only thing I disliked about this episode was hearing "Hallowed are the Ori" almost after every sentence the Prior spoke (I guess thats part of what they do but I got bored of it).
                        The rest of the episode was very good loved the Plains of Celestis.

It was good to see Gerak's character although it could have used more depth.
                        I'm looking forward to more "Jaffa Nation' stories.

Ep rating from me 8.5/10

Comment

I really liked this episode. And I needed that Jack bit where he said "I'm hungry". Just puts things into perspective lol.

Ori are tres cool bad guys but I agree the repeated line was a bit...eh. Yes. We know you're up yourselves. Interesting to hear the Ancients being called evil.

Comment

Well, now I know whatever happened to the Pah Wraiths of Deep Space Nine. They left the fire caves of Baajor and plagarised themselves over to season 10 of Stargate.
                            Julian Sands was a laugh as the Doci or whatever he's supposed to be.i was waiting for Heln Bohnam Carter to pop her head round the corner of the door and tell Julian she has found a 'Room With A View"
                            Those Ori sure aren't atop of their game in the fashion stakes. What's with the Horse shoe head dress?
                            All in all, I thought it was pretty flat & poorly written episode.All tell and not much show.

Comment

The part I liked most about origin is when the Doci gave his speech to the village leader, "Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, ships shall be built to carry our warriors out amongst the stars and we will spread Origin to ALL the unbelievers! The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide, and the wicked shall be vanquished."

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                                The part I liked most about origin is when the Doci gave his speech to the village leader, "Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, ships shall be built to carry our warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to ALL the unbelievers! The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide, and the wicked shall be vanquished."
                                Your right that was the best part, the intensity in his voice scared the crap out of me. I think that was the moment that I realized that the Ori weren't just some small story arc but were where the show was headed.

One question what is the "U" on his back meant to symbalize? I dont think they told us on screen. Or did they?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X