Origin (903)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    Your right that was the best part, the intensity in his voice scared the crap out of me. I think that was the moment that I realized that the Ori weren't just some small story arc but were where the show was headed.

One question what is the "U" on his back meant to symbalize? I dont think they told us on screen. Or did they?
    Dude, loose the spoiler pics in your sig.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

What are you talking about?? That is not in the rules.
      Yeah it is, you can't put spoiler pics for eps that haven't aired yet in your sig unless it's in spoiler tags.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Alright well back on topic what happened to the prior when he was set on fire? Did he die or was he ascended? According to the ancients the Ori don't help there followers ascend but is it different for the priors? Also why did he choose to set himself on fire? It's not like he was trapped with his powers couldn't he have just walked right out of there?
        sigpic

Comment

Possibly to show the strength of their resolve, and to answer your question
          Spoiler:
          the Priors are only pawns, they know no more about the truth then any of the regular worshippers of the Ori. He didn't Ascend, he simply burned to death of his own free will
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

How does that show the strength of there resolve?

You have no proof to backup that statement up what so ever. They could very well be seen by the Ori on a totally different level. I am sure they don't know allot of things but the Ori could reward them it is very possible. Until I have proof I will stay suspicious of all unknowns.
            sigpic

Comment

In the Fourth Horseman Pt I
              Spoiler:
              Orlin was asked if the Priors know what's going down, to which Orlin explicitly told them that the Priors were indeed just pawns of the Ori. He said nothing of special treatment that they recieve, other then those nice little super-powers that they can only use "in accordance with the Ori" or else they burn to death. As far as I could tell, when Orlin said that all followers of Origin give up the power the Ori need and then die a most pointless and meaningless death, he did not single out any one of the followers. And a Prior is nothing more then an uber-follower.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Yes but you said it yourself UBER FOLLOWER they are going to have some special privilege what it is who knows perhaps it is only superpowers.
                Spoiler:
                Orlin said they were just pawns in the sense that they are not actually the Ori
                but a pawn is better than the dust on the board "Regular followers". I agree with you it's not likely that they ascend BUT we don't know for sure. I give it a 20% chance that they are in fact being ascended.

O ya by the way we don't even know that Orlin was telling the truth perhaps the Ori are ascending all of there followers. We don't know ANYTHING.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes but you said it yourself UBER FOLLOWER they are going to have some special privilege what it is who knows perhaps it is only superpowers.
                  Spoiler:
                  Orlin said they were just pawns in the sense that they are not actually the Ori
                  but a pawn is better than the dust on the board "Regular followers". I agree with you it's not likely that they ascend BUT we don't know for sure. I give it a 20% chance that they are in fact being ascended.

O ya by the way we don't even know that Orlin was telling the truth perhaps the Ori are ascending all of there followers. We don't know ANYTHING.
                  You're right. We don't. But I'd rather take the word of
                  Spoiler:
                  Orlin (whom we got to know, even if it was only for a little while)
                  then the Ori or a Prior. And until I see evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that the Ori do not ascend any of their followers.

You know what, how about we just agree to disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                    You're right. We don't. But I'd rather take the word of
                    Spoiler:
                    Orlin (whom we got to know, even if it was only for a little while)
                    then the Ori or a Prior. And until I see evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that the Ori do not ascend any of their followers.

You know what, how about we just agree to disagree?
                    Very well,
                    sigpic

Comment

Alright well back on topic what happened to the prior when he was set on fire? Did he die or was he ascended? According to the ancients the Ori don't help there followers ascend but is it different for the priors? Also why did he choose to set himself on fire? It's not like he was trapped with his powers couldn't he have just walked right out of there?
                      What I think happened, remember I have only seen 1st 3 eps, is the Ori killed the Prior thereby covering up the secrets or the Prior have a fire version of the cyanide pill.

Comment

Originally posted by phaeton
                        What I think happened, remember I have only seen 1st 3 eps, is the Ori killed the Prior thereby covering up the secrets or the Prior have a fire version of the cyanide pill.
                        That's a good theory the only question was it the Ori who did it or the prior?

However the question still lingers why did the prior do that when he had the ability to throw all of them across the room and walk out of the gate?
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow I love this episode,I love it cause it made me laugh and really gave a great cheer and inspiration to keep watching.
                          A well respected member of:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
                          Check out my newest made forum!

http://forum.hopto.org/board/index.php

Comment

I love the rings scene at the beginning, great s/fx with the water ripples and all, when will we get to see the Plains of Celestus again? And where exactly..is it?
                            sigpic

Comment

Great episode, I hope we get to see more Ori talking through people-scenes in the future.
                              spoilers for unending:
                              Spoiler:

Comment

This was a great episode. I'm really liking the Ori so far! As much as I love the Goa'uld, it's good to have a different big bad, and the Ori look like they're going to be pretty cool.

"I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Working...
                                X