No announcement yet.

Origin (903)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This really was amazing episode! Season nine truly keeps on getting better as we go on.

Ori really seems to be great enemy, even greater than I dared to imagine after couple of first eps. Something in this ep made me love the Ori and I hope we see them in battle soon enough. I just wonder are they goin' to conquer whole world only with Priors support???

Well, this whole ep was amazing from the very start to the end and I absolutely loved every second that passed

I just hope this season keeps up getting better all the time.

Sig made by SueKay

Comment

cant wait to see how mortal earthlings kick the crap out of the immortal ascended ori

Comment

I started SG1 over the summer with season 1, so I have just now caught up this far. I have to say that I love the Ori. This episode was amazing, and I can't wait to see what I have in store in the rest of this season.
        WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, I skimmed through this thread but didn't see anything mention of this notion.

When Walter is dialing the gate to where ever when Mitchell and Teal'c are attempting to destroy the communication device, I noticed that when the last chevron locked, six of the seven symbols on the dialing computer changed for a fraction of a second. I wasn't sure if it was just a glitch, but the more I thought about it, I figured that it may have something to do with the recalculations for interstellar drift...

If that's the case, then that was a pretty awesome show of it.
          If not, then pooey. Did anyone else notice this?
          Jack: I thought I told you I retired.
          Hammond: Oh... I thought you said you were "tired"
          Jack: Well... as a matter of fact... I am a little... tired.
          Hammond: There's no time for that now! You have a mission to lead!
          Jack: RIIIIIIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Youth View Post
            I'm not sure if anyone noticed, I skimmed through this thread but didn't see anything mention of this notion.

When Walter is dialing the gate to where ever when Mitchell and Teal'c are attempting to destroy the communication device, I noticed that when the last chevron locked, six of the seven symbols on the dialing computer changed for a fraction of a second. I wasn't sure if it was just a glitch, but the more I thought about it, I figured that it may have something to do with the recalculations for interstellar drift...

If that's the case, then that was a pretty awesome show of it.
            If not, then pooey. Did anyone else notice this?
            No, I never did notice that. I'll have to look for it. Not that I need another excuse to watch it. Avalon and Origin are my most watched episodes of the entire franchise, LOL.
            sigpic
            Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
            I'm a 60%er!
            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I just watched the opening three-parter to the ninth season again last night. Gotta say, it gets better every time. What a way to start the series' final retooling, it's such a blast. My girlfriend, who hadn't seen a single episode of SG-1 before, went from casually watching while playing a game to asking me if we can keep going with the series later on today.

So the point is, I also think it's a great trio of 'hook' episodes. I didn't have to stop and explain too much, she just kind of went with it. She did admittedly have a very basic knowledge of who these characters were, because I've ranted to her enough in the past and because she saw the cameos in SGU's opener on Friday. But still, great hook episodes, I'd recommend them to anyone contemplating what to get people in on and then start from scratch thereafter.

The Ori are definitely my favorite main antagonistic force in the franchise. The Replicators, the Asurans, even the Wraith and the Goa'uld, they just don't compare for me.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                I just watched the opening three-parter to the ninth season again last night. Gotta say, it gets better every time. What a way to start the series' final retooling, it's such a blast. My girlfriend, who hadn't seen a single episode of SG-1 before, went from casually watching while playing a game to asking me if we can keep going with the series later on today.

So the point is, I also think it's a great trio of 'hook' episodes. I didn't have to stop and explain too much, she just kind of went with it. She did admittedly have a very basic knowledge of who these characters were, because I've ranted to her enough in the past and because she saw the cameos in SGU's opener on Friday. But still, great hook episodes, I'd recommend them to anyone contemplating what to get people in on and then start from scratch thereafter.

The Ori are definitely my favorite main antagonistic force in the franchise. The Replicators, the Asurans, even the Wraith and the Goa'uld, they just don't compare for me.
                Origin was actually the very first episode of SG1 I saw all the way through. Thankfully, I had a chance to watch reruns of Avalon I & II shortly thereafter. However the episode, with its rich imagery and mythos, really opened up the universe of Stargate for me.

Interestingly, I ended up watching SG1 kind of backwards. I saw seasons 9 and 10 first, with Ark of Truth and Continuum immediately after. By doing that, however, I really didn't have the proper context for viewing the characters.

I then started watching SG1 from the very beginning, starting with Children of the Gods and slowly moving forward. I was blown away at the vast difference between the first episode and Unending. It was strange seeing the Stargate program in its infancy. But it definitely made Thor's proclamation that humanity had become the Fifth Race made sense at the end of the series.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  Origin was actually the very first episode of SG1 I saw all the way through. Thankfully, I had a chance to watch reruns of Avalon I & II shortly thereafter. However the episode, with its rich imagery and mythos, really opened up the universe of Stargate for me.

Interestingly, I ended up watching SG1 kind of backwards. I saw seasons 9 and 10 first, with Ark of Truth and Continuum immediately after. By doing that, however, I really didn't have the proper context for viewing the characters.

I then started watching SG1 from the very beginning, starting with Children of the Gods and slowly moving forward. I was blown away at the vast difference between the first episode and Unending. It was strange seeing the Stargate program in its infancy. But it definitely made Thor's proclamation that humanity had become the Fifth Race made sense at the end of the series.
                  That's pretty interesting. At the rate we're currently going, that might actually end up happening with my girlfriend, heh. She seems to really dig the newer characters of the series, who obviously wouldn't be around prior to the ninth season. (Well, except Vala's single-episode stint, but still.)

I forgot about that line in the final regular-length episode. Heh... must have seemed so simple a quote to you originally. Wow, to see it like that and not really soak in the significance. I almost hope that doesn't happen to her. Ah, well, at least you eventually saw all those earlier episodes and really got it!

'Children of the Gods' to 'Unending', or 'Continuum', perhaps. Man, what a leap in every way, eh? I really didn't dig SG-1's first couple of seasons compared to its latter ones. I started with the sixth and seventh, though, so I was already far into its run when I caught on. It's just less character-focused and generally campier to me early on. Later seasons feel much more refined (for obvious reasons) but moreover, just plain better. I think the third season and especially the fourth are where it really starts to pick up for me.

There are some gems in the beginning, though, there definitely are.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

That's pretty interesting. At the rate we're currently going, that might actually end up happening with my girlfriend, heh. She seems to really dig the newer characters of the series, who obviously wouldn't be around prior to the ninth season. (Well, except Vala's single-episode stint, but still.)

I forgot about that line in the final regular-length episode. Heh... must have seemed so simple a quote to you originally. Wow, to see it like that and not really soak in the significance. I almost hope that doesn't happen to her. Ah, well, at least you eventually saw all those earlier episodes and really got it!

'Children of the Gods' to 'Unending', or 'Continuum', perhaps. Man, what a leap in every way, eh? I really didn't dig SG-1's first couple of seasons compared to its latter ones. I started with the sixth and seventh, though, so I was already far into its run when I caught on. It's just less character-focused and generally campier to me early on. Later seasons feel much more refined (for obvious reasons) but moreover, just plain better. I think the third season and especially the fourth are where it really starts to pick up for me.

There are some gems in the beginning, though, there definitely are.
                    Yeah, I knew going in that there would be numerous references I wouldn't understand but I stuck with the show anyway for the characters and for story line. The early episodes I found to be very interesting, especially establishing the Alliance of Four Great Races, and the role of the Nox, Asgard, and Ancients. I kind of wish I watched the show in chronological order but in the end, it was still a good experience. Wish SGU around, the ride's still not over.
                    sigpic

Comment

Marvelous formative episodes, those. And you're absolutely right. That's one of Stargate's finest qualities, is that they're all set so close to one-another so even if a third SG-1 telefilm never comes to be, we'll see our beloved cast one way or the other.

Comment

Marvelous formative episodes, those. And you're absolutely right. That's one of Stargate's finest qualities, is that they're all set so close to one-another so even if a third SG-1 telefilm never comes to be, we'll see our beloved cast one way or the other.
                        I really do wish another movie comes out, but with O'Neill taking the lead one more time. I really think that's necessary to round out the continuity. He was the heart and soul of SG-1 for so long...
                        sigpic

Comment

Those Priors walk so stuff!And they look as if are covered with flour!They are little funny, if you ask me.

Comment

Even though I dislike the Ori and Vala, I am loving season 9. Must be Cam and Daniel.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I miss the Replicators. The Ori are some weird Ancients actually. Priors are probably mutated normal priests. I do miss Replicators.
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The Or'i religion is aweful. I don't like it at all. Destroying whole planets, burning people, villages, etc just because people will not convert to a certain way of belief is so wrong. I'm just glad that none of SG1 fell for the junk that the Or'i priors preached. It was a shame that some Jaffa bought it.
                                "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                                "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Working...
                                X