X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its good to see they didnt completely forget about the tokra
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Not feeling this episode, though we got the Tok'Ra and some good old goa'uld action again. For a moment it felt like the SG-1 I love, but still something was lacking. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is that is missing for me.

Comment

why didn't the jaffa just shoot sg-1 after grabbing adria?
        did ba'al clone the symbiote or was that the original in which case the one holding it would be a clone?
        also i thought all the jaffas stopped serving the goa'uld after reckoning?
        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

This was just kind of ehhhh for me.
          sigpic

Comment

This was a highly traumatic episode for me. Poor Ba'al!!!

Seriously, though, I enjoyed this episode. It certainly set the stage for lots of continuing plot twists in the seasons that ended up not happening. Blast you, MGM, for pulling the plug!!!! I actually knew Adria was going to ascend because I watched Ark of Truth a few days ago (I didn't realise I should have waited until I had finished the entire series), but I didn't see how it was going to happen until it actually did. It was nice to see a few moments between Adria and Vala and to see Adria show some compassion towards Vala at the beginning of the episode. And seeing Ba'al in all his charm was a plus, as always (even if that charm was ruined by some bullets... *sigh*). Overall, I thought this was a very good ep.
            Signature by Glitch33.
            sigpic
            Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
              i loved this episode, after a S10 low point last week!

Ba'al taking Adria as a host! what a simple yet brilliant plan!
              Actualy the story is ridiculous- The ori ship in the shroud still had the anti Prior device on so Adria should already be abapted against it. And Adria should easily have found the anomilies in Vala's memory easily-hell a few scientists can find them. Ba'al being able to suppress Adria in my oppinion is ridiculous I mean come on she is capable of acension at any time a Goa'uld being able to suppress her is idiocy. And Another thing why surgicly remove the symbiote when you can us Hermiod's extraction calculations from "Critical Mass"

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                Actualy the story is ridiculous- The ori ship in the shroud still had the anti Prior device on so Adria should already be abapted against it. And Adria should easily have found the anomilies in Vala's memory easily-hell a few scientists can find them. Ba'al being able to suppress Adria in my oppinion is ridiculous I mean come on she is capable of acension at any time a Goa'uld being able to suppress her is idiocy. And Another thing why surgicly remove the symbiote when you can us Hermiod's extraction calculations from "Critical Mass"
                You happen to have an Asgard lying around? Given this was right before Unending they're kind of busy
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh dear. A bit rushed this, even if I thought Ba'al/Adria was cool. Still, killing off his own clones with symbiote poison was a bit much, even for a Goa'uld!
                  sigpic

Comment

I didn't read 17 pages of posts, no time for that. I just have a question...

The show was cancelled during the filming of "Bad Guys." This left four more episodes to be filmed... "Talion," "Family Ties," "Dominion," and "Unending." The finale was reworked from a season finale into a series finale. Was "Dominion" reworked as well, or was that episode already scripted and ready by the time the cancellation came? "Dominion" and "Unending" seem to go together in wrapping up the series.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                      Just got finished with it. Adria ascending was full of BS because the camera on Vala, and they should shown her ascending. Anywho, I thought it was the greatest second to last episode of the series. I'm happy we saw some Tok'ra on screen for once. I give it a ***.

ONE MORE EPISODE TO GO
                      The Tok'ra for one last time before the Second SG-1 movie. I would've like to seen how this story arc had progress had the show not been canceled.

This was one of my favorite penultimate episode I've seen.

Tomorrow, the Series Finale, the end of this leg of the story.
                      sigpic

Comment

Really good episode, this one. So sad that the end is at hand.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            An interesting new idea, so late! Why didn't they do this instead of Cam's reunion and those other unecessary episodes and then we would have the problem of Adria possessed by Ba'al? What a great idea, I would have loved to see more of this.

As Jackie said..'wasted potential of a huge story arc.' Yes, a real shame..

I did enjoy seeing more of Vala's interaction with Adria and what little development there was, was beautifully played by Claudia and Morena. During those mother, daughter moments you tended to forget Adria was the Ori's instrument of intergalactic subjugation to Origin. You only saw a daughter who wanted her mother to understand her and have her in her life. It also showed how strong maternal instinct is. Whatever your child may do there is still a bond that is never broken.

Seeing Ba'al up to his old tricks again was good. You can never get enough of Ba'al, that dastardly Goa'uld!!
                            Again my views on re-watching haven't changed, it's still a bit annoying that such great ideas such as what Ba'al could do with Adria's powers, or how she would fight back didn't get at least another episode to explore this idea. This was such a good episode. By this time I felt Vala had become a character I could stand a bit more as moments such as facing the death of her daughter were played out so well.

I can now see Vala as a character that had potential to become less of a frivoulous character as she matures into her role as part of SG-1.

With this re-watch I definitely have more of an appreciation for season 10 than I did the first time round.

Comment

This was a good ep. I agree that it's a shame the storyline couldn't have gone further.

What was with Ba'al sounding like Anubis. Creepy much.

Pretty good idea of Ba'al to implant himself into Adria. Didn't do him much good in the end. Thanks to Daniel the Odyssey can cloak now. Cool.

And now Adria has ascended. Not good. Last ep tomorrow
                              sigpic

Comment

I agree with the general opinion of the thread that its unfortunate that this is the second to last episode SG1. The notion of Ba'al inside the body of Adria is an interesting storyline to explore. And I wish they had given the story more time. I can't really fault the writers for that one. Its more of SyFy (well Sci-Fi back then) cancelling the show when they did. Even with the "what could of been" I still very much like this episode it the pushing the Ori story arc and developing the whole Vala-Adria relationship. I always like the personal connection between Adria and Vala. It reminds me of the old days when Sg1 was battling Apophis. It is a nice episode of building up for Ark of Truth and it was an interesting story of using alien technology to convinvce Vala that SG1 had abandon her. One compliant was that the second that Ba'al posioned Adria they should have beamed her into space. Forget being humane about making her death more comfortable. She has killed thousands if not millions of people and should of been killed as fast as possible if she was dying
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X