Dominion (1019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
    Like the effect they used for every other gou'ald?
    No. The one they use for Anubis is different.

Comment

Oh, wow-wow-wow-wow-wow-wow!!!! What a great episode!

The very beginning was laughter-inducing, Vala cheating at cards was predictable, but watching her do it was hilarious! The guns suddenly popping out at her head was funny, too.

The whole 'false memories' was okay, but Daniel would never just walk out like that, and Reynolds shouldn't have gotten mad at her, it wasn't her fault, they should sent a MALP or UAV first. And, when she had the Sodan cloak on, she still made noise on the ramp and a ripple when she went through, yet Laundry just stood there?

Moving on from that, I thought the capturing Adria, then losing her, and then getting her back again was good and well written. Ba'al was deliciously evil as usual, and did we ever find out how he knew where they were?

Seeing Ba'al in Adria was fantastic. She looked so evil, with the glowing eyes, devious smile, and and wicked voice. Man, when you pair up the two best (or, rather, worse) bad guys in the Universe, glorious victory is the least you can acheive. I've seen it twice in the past 5 hours!

Oh, yes, and the make-up crew gets lots of props too! I really thought Adria look sick that last few minutes. They did a great job. (Here hair looks much better down, don't cha think?)

I was only disapoined that they didn't show her ascending at the end, though it's not their fault, after all, the real IOA is cutting the funds!

Oh, yes, I also found the 'Dancing With the Stars' take-off a reason to LOL!

Comment

I was really looking forward to this episode, so I'm a bit bummed that it didn't quite deliver this time.

The Good:

Adria as villian: She is normally a great character, and I liked her as a Goa'uld.

Vala: Claudia Black does a great job. Vala was also well written.

The Bad:

The Total Recall Plot: First, it's been done often, a lot, and many times by various movies and shows. Secondly, it makes for a horribly poor transition beteen episodes. I remember going. "Huh? Oh, they've messed with her head" after thirty seconds because Vala's explanation didn't fit with the other SG-1characters.

Ascension: I'm tired of the fact that nobody dies on this show(except secondary characters who don't always need to be killed). I know that it was neccessary in this case, but ugh. Plus, show the ascension. Adria is this half-superhuman being, shouldn't her path be a bit different.

Not enough suspense: In interviews, the writers have indicated that this episode was supposed to be the season finale before the cancellation notice came in. The episode was decent, but it didn't leave me anxiously waiting for a movie.

Oh well. Season 10 appears to be going out with a whimper instead of a bang, but I'll see if next week changes my mind. An 8/10 for this episode.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
          [B][COLOR=darkorchid]
          I agree with you that it had to be one of his clones.
          Yeah, had to be. The "real" Ba'al has to be
          Spoiler:
          the one finally tracked down in "Continuum".

It was really wise of him IMO to not kill off all of his clones. I know I would have kept at least a few around in case of an emergency.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Yeah, had to be. The "real" Ba'al has to be
            Spoiler:
            the one finally tracked down in "Continuum".

It was really wise of him IMO to not kill off all of his clones. I know I would have kept at least a few around in case of an emergency.
            Probably so but then Continuum is a time travel thing where does something in the past to eliminate StarGate Command. I guess we get to see a host of old characters as our hereos go back in time to save the day.

Just like Captain Picard did.

It may prove to be entertaining and fun to watch but it sure doesn't sound too terribly original.

Comment

After last week's episode, I was doubting myself for preordering the DVDs. After this ep, I'm glad I did. I loved the whole tie-in with old story lines. I found the episode exciting and fun to watch. Didn't see the Ba'al thing coming.

At the beginning, I thought all the men standing around Vala were going to be SG-1 in disguise and was very surprised to find her alone. Hooked me from the start.

I was starting to think the show was fading out like X-Files. Now, I'm really sad the show is ending. Can't wait for the movies nowl.

Comment

Morena was just stunning in this episode....They should have used her more.
                Wish she was a regular.

I hope they use her more in the movies.

Originally posted by betjam View Post
                After last week's episode, I was doubting myself for preordering the DVDs. After this ep, I'm glad I did. I loved the whole tie-in with old story lines. I found the episode exciting and fun to watch. Didn't see the Ba'al thing coming.

At the beginning, I thought all the men standing around Vala were going to be SG-1 in disguise and was very surprised to find her alone. Hooked me from the start.

I was starting to think the show was fading out like X-Files. Now, I'm really sad the show is ending. Can't wait for the movies nowl.
                Frankly I enjoyed Familiy ties better than this episode.... :lol
                Last edited by dec55; 17 June 2007, 09:49 AM.
                Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by betjam View Post
                  After last week's episode, I was doubting myself for preordering the DVDs. After this ep, I'm glad I did. .

Funny thing I'm going the other way.

I saw the original movie, have watched every episode of SG1 and SGA, most many times over, I have the DVD's and I preordered Season 10.

But now, after those last 2 episodes I'm thinking I should cancel the order and even skip the movies.

But I've gone far to far to stop now so disappointment or not I'll see the thing through to what is fast becoming a pretty bitter end.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Guy View Post
                    Funny thing I'm going the other way.

I saw the original movie, have watched every episode of SG1 and SGA, most many times over, I have the DVD's and I preordered Season 10.

But now, after those last 2 episodes I'm thinking I should cancel the order and even skip the movies.

But I've gone far to far to stop now so disappointment or not I'll see the thing through to what is fast becoming a pretty bitter end.
                    Sorry to hear you aren't really digging where things have gone lately on the show. Personally, I've thought this season was one of the best of the entire series. I'm very glad I pre-ordered the Season 10 DVD, and can't wait for the movies to be released.

I hope you enjoy the finale next week at least.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Maybe they didn't show the acension so that they could hide whether she turned into a white glowy energy thing or a firey glowy energy thing...

Comment

Originally posted by vjlax18 View Post
                        Maybe they didn't show the acension so that they could hide whether she turned into a white glowy energy thing or a firey glowy energy thing...
                        *Snickers* I suppose it does make you wonder... but the reflection on Vala's face looked pretty white to me. Ah, well. It's not their fault they didn't show it... The IOA cut their funding, remember?

Comment

Good episode. I've given up hoping for an end that's even on the level of Seasons 7 or 8, but at least it was solid and not totally hokey.

I apologize if this was already mentioned. Did anyone notice that Vala's speech to her self was very similar to Arnold Schwarzenegger's speech to himself in Total Recall? Adding to Atlantis' close connection to Alien/Aliens (which was at least mentioned by Sheppard), and it looks like the writers have been getting a few too many ideas from other sources. But that's actually nothing new, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

One more thing: I used to really like the Baal character, but I think him creating all the clones was a terrible idea. Yes, it does allow the producers to kill him numerous times and still bring him back, but it also eliminates the suspense around his character. No matter what happens, we always assume that it was one of his clones and not the real Baal. That's getting old very quickly.

Comment

Unless that was the real ba'al we killed on the ship and one of his clones takes up the slot.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Unless that was the real ba'al we killed on the ship and one of his clones takes up the slot.
                              Oh, I hope not! Ba'al is the best Goa'uld ever. Clone thing is a bit tiresome, though. He's most likely the only one left, since (spoiler for movie 2)
                              Spoiler:
                              he's coming back for the 2nd movie, and it would be terribly annoying to have him still hanging around after the movies end.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                                Oh, I hope not! Ba'al is the best Goa'uld ever. Clone thing is a bit tiresome, though. He's most likely the only one left, since (spoiler for movie 2)
                                Spoiler:
                                he's coming back for the 2nd movie, and it would be terribly annoying to have him still hanging around after the movies end.
                                Actually, I'm still enjoying the whole Ba'al clone thing. Hasn't gotten too annoying to me yet. If I had that kind of capability like he did, I would have done exactly as he did. Why put yourself in danger when a perfectly good clone will do?

Ba'al is definitely one of the best Goa'uld we've ever been introduced to on Stargate.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X