Dominion (1019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Don't dying symbiotes usually release a poison of their own into the hosts' bodies?
    Most of the time, yes. It takes a lot for them not to actually.

As for the episode itself, even better IMO this time around. I think "Dominion" is easily one of this season's finest episodes.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      Great ep! I thought they wasted the potential of snakehead Adria, but other than that I loved every minute of it.
      It was still cool to see a Goa'uld within such a powerful host. However brief a time.
      sigpic
      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Wasted potential of a HUGE story arc.

Ba'al should have snagged Adria--9 episodes ago and waged a Goa'uld-Ascended battle like no other.

Ba'al's not trustworthy and Adria would finally see what her mother endured for years.

Ba'al should have gained Adria's fleet and then sweet talked free jaffa into thinking he was their only hope of not worshiping the Ori. With the Ori dead--Ba'al could have claimed an entire galaxy for himself.

Adria would be in a constant struggle to regain control.

I think they should have spilt the body down the middle and given Ba'al one side and Adria the next. Can you imagine the bickering? Adria and Ba'al in the same body fighting!

Nope, they went and piddled it away on Daniel being missing and Cam's high school reunion.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I have a question about the anti-Prior device. When they developed it at first it used soundwaves right? Now it uses EM fields, when did that change?
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            I have a question about the anti-Prior device. When they developed it at first it used soundwaves right? Now it uses EM fields, when did that change?
            Hmm, I don't really recall. Definitely have to look back in Season 9 for that one.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

one of the better eps in this last half of the season. this one actually felt like an sg1 ep. too bad i'd been spoiled on some things, because it would have been nice to have been surprised. i was actually surprised for a few moments here and there, though, because i'd forgotten the spoilers.

a question on 'unending' -

Spoiler:
              i can't remember at this moment, but is this the same ship everyone's going to be on at the beginning of 'unending'? so this is the ship they're stuck on for 50 odd years? but are they still 'on' the ship at the end of 'dominion' to set up for 'unending'?

so it wasn't a bad ep. i actually laughed when sam and daniel were telling vala about the 'on purpose' mind wiping and vala asked about whether dancing with the stars was real.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

^
                Spoiler:
                No, they were in the SGC at the end of the ep. Unending does take place on the same ship, but it has no relations to Dominion

Comment

Got to watch it finally on a big screen (my monitor is only 17")... loved it.

Thoguh i am still puzzled why they did not actually show adria's body going all glowy..

Comment

An interesting new idea, so late! Why didn't they do this instead of Cam's reunion and those other unecessary episodes and then we would have the problem of Adria possessed by Ba'al? What a great idea, I would have loved to see more of this.

As Jackie said..'wasted potential of a huge story arc.' Yes, a real shame..

I did enjoy seeing more of Vala's interaction with Adria and what little development there was, was beautifully played by Claudia and Morena. During those mother, daughter moments you tended to forget Adria was the Ori's instrument of intergalactic subjugation to Origin. You only saw a daughter who wanted her mother to understand her and have her in her life. It also showed how strong maternal instinct is. Whatever your child may do there is still a bond that is never broken.

Seeing Ba'al up to his old tricks again was good. You can never get enough of Ba'al, that dastardly Goa'uld!!

Comment

Well, well well. I got my wish with a good episode.

When the previews indicated a Valacentric Ori episode, I didn't have much hope, but I really, really liked it. The plot was interesting. The twists were surprising, the Vala character behaved less like a ninny (Claudia Black even had a couple scenes with real human emotion to play) and scary Ba'al was back. We even, surprise, surprise got Adria/Ba'al! How cool is that? Although Ba'al/Adria would have been even better. Cliff Simon Would have had a ball *snicker* with that!

My only nitpicks would be the strange lack of emotion Vala showed toward the end, the welcome, but underused Tok'Ra and the unresolved ending. It does make me look forward to "The Ark" in which I assume the events in this episode will be played out.

Kudos to Allan McCullough who wrote this episode and William Waring who directed it.

So, did anyone else have a "Total Recall" moment while watching Vala's film? I bet they were trying to figure out how to add a Schwarzenegger joke in there.

O'Neill would have said, "I'll be Baaack!".

Last edited by Hatusu; 15 June 2007, 10:07 PM.
                      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

My opinion about what happenned is that Baal didn't get himself implanted in Adria, but rather one of his most trusted underlings. Maybe making Adria into a queen for him. Or could he have implanted a cloned symbiote of himself into her? Since all his other clones - that we know of - were dead, could he not be in the baal that got shot and healing the body? One sarcophagus later and Baal is back in action.
                        Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
                        Spoiler:
                        "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
                        "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
                        "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
                        "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
                        "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Well the episode sure didn't impress me much. IMO it was a bit hackneyed and tired bringing Baal back. Are there no other bad guys in the galaxy?

Why didn't the anti Ori device that controlled Adria no longer work when she woke from surgery? Especially considering she was weak and dying.

Why don't Goauld ships have intruder alert alarms like Captain Kirk had on his primitive little Enterprise?

How did the SG1 team know where Adria was going to be?

For that matter how did Baal know where to jump the SG1 team and swipe Adria?

How did SG1 last this long with such lousy internal security?

How was Adria able to ascend so easily when it takes others such hard work and a long time to ascend? Did the Ori intervene to save her?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Got to watch it finally on a big screen (my monitor is only 17")... loved it.

Thoguh i am still puzzled why they did not actually show adria's body going all glowy..
                            To save Money!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Guy View Post
                              Well the episode sure didn't impress me much. IMO it was a bit hackneyed and tired bringing Baal back. Are there no other bad guys in the galaxy?
                              A few - but Ba'al has always been a fan favourite.
                              Why didn't the anti Ori device that controlled Adria no longer work when she woke from surgery? Especially considering she was weak and dying.
                              Was the anti prior device even with her? I'm not sure they actually expected her to wake up again.
                              Why don't Goauld ships have intruder alert alarms like Captain Kirk had on his primitive little Enterprise?
                              Those goa'uld... far too cocky for their own good.
                              How did the SG1 team know where Adria was going to be?
                              This one was answered in the episode - the anti-prior device gives of detectable forms of radiation.
                              For that matter how did Baal know where to jump the SG1 team and swipe Adria?
                              Good question, which you followed up with...
                              How did SG1 last this long with such lousy internal security?
                              Yeah, I think you probably answered the last question with this one. I guess this issue might arise in the second movie.
                              How was Adria able to ascend so easily when it takes others such hard work and a long time to ascend? Did the Ori intervene to save her?
                              I'm guessing seeing as the Ori gave her a vast range of abilities and knowledge, she was probably born in an easily ascendable state. Seeing as without assistance ascension occurs when dying in a highly evolved state, and that Adria displays the abilities previously attributed to highly evolved humans, I'd say it's a safe bet she didn't find it too much of a challenge.

Foo

Comment

Originally posted by Mamid View Post
                                My opinion about what happenned is that Baal didn't get himself implanted in Adria, but rather one of his most trusted underlings. Maybe making Adria into a queen for him. Or could he have implanted a cloned symbiote of himself into her? Since all his other clones - that we know of - were dead, could he not be in the baal that got shot and healing the body? One sarcophagus later and Baal is back in action.
                                Talk about ultimate narcissism!

I agree with you that it had to be one of his clones.
                                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Working...
                                X