Dominion (1019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post
    Did anyone notice that Vala's speech to her self was very similar to Arnold Schwarzenegger's speech to himself in Total Recall?
    I noticed that as well. Clever reference.
    This time... it's war!

Comment

Probabily where they got the idea from..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Probabily where they got the idea from..
        ...sounds like a school essay . "Original" work

Comment

This was a really awesome episode. I would say my usual thing about it being like "Old-School Stargate", but this episode actually had enough additional stuff to make it more of a cross between old and new "Stargate".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love Ba'al! He's one really awesome bad guy with a cool accent and you can't go wrong with that goatee. LOL! I will admit I'm always sad to see him die, but at least we've got the excuse that he's always a clone. Speaking of which, after all the clones were seen dead in that tent, I thought, "Oh, so that means the one that's got Adria is the real one!" But, after he ended-up with loads of holes in him (more gory than before!), I thought, "Oh well, guess not!"

That was one really big twist of him switching hosts into Adria. However, I've gotta ask something (apologies if it's already been asked and answered in this topic, but I'm not going through every single post to find out). We see Ba'al get a symbiote out of a jar, which we guess he's going to implant in Adria. However, we later find out that Ba'al himself has been implanted into Adria. So, what was Ba'al doing with that other symbiote? While SG-1 were fighting their way through the ship, was Ba'al saying to Adria, "Nah, just pulling your leg! I'm not really going to put this in you. I've got something else planned instead." *opens mouth* I find it hard to believe that the symbiote in the jar WAS Ba'al, since Ba'al (the host) was behaving just like Ba'al normally does rather than freaking out like Apophis' host did in "Serpent's Song".

Oh, I just remembered something else. Did anyone else spot the little clip from the Season 1/Season 2 cliffhanger of the two Jaffa running down the mothership corridor and getting shot-up? I wonder if anyone mentions that in the DVD commentary. I'll have to have a listen sometime over the next few days.

I meant to comment on something in the "Talion" thread, but I forgot. You may remember I made a comment about an earlier Season 10 episode where for a few episodes after Colonel Emerson got shot, SG-1 themselves are seen in command of the Odyssey whenever they're using it. I made the comment that this would make sense, both in the Stargate universe and in the real world because both Colonels Carter and Mitchell are suitably ranked and qualified to do so. Also, it seemed silly for the show's producers to create an all-new character to command the Odyssey just for the remainder of the season. So, you can imagine my surprise that both "Talion" and this episode feature an all-new character commanding the "Odyssey". Why? What's the point?

Anyway, overall an excellent episode. While I know what happens in the movies, this was a great way to say goodbye to both Ba'al and Adria for the TV series.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
            I made the comment that this would make sense, both in the Stargate universe and in the real world because both Colonels Carter and Mitchell are suitably ranked and qualified to do so. Also, it seemed silly for the show's producers to create an all-new character to command the Odyssey just for the remainder of the season. So, you can imagine my surprise that both "Talion" and this episode feature an all-new character commanding the "Odyssey". Why? What's the point?
            Who is going to command the ship when SG-1 is not on the ship?

Comment

Well, actually I will admit that thought did pop into my head, so you're right. I just would've thought that when SG-1 ARE on the ship, they could command it themselves. I mean, even Daniel's commanded it a few times and he's not even in the Air Force.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
                We see Ba'al get a symbiote out of a jar, which we guess he's going to implant in Adria. However, we later find out that Ba'al himself has been implanted into Adria. So, what was Ba'al doing with that other symbiote?
                I am tinking that was one of the symbiots from a clone he had in the jar.

Comment

I am tinking that was one of the symbiots from a clone he had in the jar.
                  Either that, or he decided to implant himself once he realized that SG-1 was on their way...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                    Either that, or he decided to implant himself once he realized that SG-1 was on their way...
                    I was thinking that the symbiote in the jar was a clone of himself (the Ba'al symbiote) to implant into Adria.

After all, Ba'al not only cloned his symbiote, but also the host (likely Ba'al makes the hosts blanks, supposing anything is left of the host).

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                      I was thinking that the symbiote in the jar was a clone of himself (the Ba'al symbiote) to implant into Adria.

After all, Ba'al not only cloned his symbiote, but also the host (likely Ba'al makes the hosts blanks, supposing anything is left of the host).

Wasn't very fond of this whole Ba'al immortality thing. I did love the Goa'uld -Orici combination tho

Comment

One thing i have always wondered about this, why did they turn off the anti prior device after it was found she was going to die? Or did she just circimvent it??

Comment

One thing i have always wondered about this, why did they turn off the anti prior device after it was found she was going to die? Or did she just circimvent it??
                          I think she overcame it effects... anti-Prior devices only work for a short period and Adria had spent quite awhile in Ba'al's captivity powerless from one of the devices... she had plenty of time to build up some resistence...

Comment

Okay not sure if this is mentioned here. What was the name of the Tok'ra symbiote that they were going to implant in Adria. I remember it was on the lines of Janouf or something (I was watching the episode tonight, and never heard that before)!! And wondered what happened to him/her (as I recall the symbiotes have no sex, as Martouf put it the first time we met him)???

Edit that: The name of the symbiote was Zanuf. Found it in the article about the Tok'ra over at Wikipedia!!!
                            Last edited by AnnieS; 06 February 2009, 10:30 PM.
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

cool ep..though noticed something I wouldn't usually :

adria is constantly blinking after almsot every word when shes talking to Baal!

don't believe me - rewatch it hehehe

...i think ill call her Blinky' Bacarrin

Comment

An amazing and fantastic episode, Ba'al + Adria=awesome. I liked the idea of tampering with Vala's mind to trick Adria. Ba'al capturing Adria was very unexpected and "Goa'uld Adria" is a neat idea, but not one I would want to be permanent. Leaving the question if Ba'al and Adria are truly finished at the end is also a great way to keep people guessing until of course, the movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X