This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
    Ok fair enough, but we didn't ACTUALLY come up with the tech. We were given it.
    Heh or we found it and worked out how to use it Carter could build anything she wanted though!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter
      I personally like the idea of Earth going Ori, and Atlantis being our last enclave working to defeat the wraith and asurians and have a spin off trying to liberate Earth, probally won't happen and it may ruin part of the charm of SG being that it could be happening now.
      I like the idea of earth going Ori. But i want a happy ending.
      I don’t want it to end, never. But that’s a different discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
        We still have wars between our countries, we're still driven by persona; profit, the world, is still crappy and self absorbed.
        And most of the population has no idea all this (the Stargate etc) is going on...
        Last edited by sg1_david; 22 August 2006, 05:53 AM.

Comment

The series should not have any real closure as far as the Ori go, seeing that the writers still saw themselves as starting something new this year, and suddenly putting a neat end on the Ori plot would be too much of a cop-out. I'd like to see closure with the characters- the ceremony in the Gate room with Oneill and Hammond and then afterwards having SG-1 walk through the gate to another Ori-fighting mission would be great, but I'd also like to see a cliff-hanger-esque ending similar to that of "Lost City", in which it's not like you only have half the story, but many things are unresolved. After all, this fan base is too massive for this to truly be the end of SG-1, and I'd like to see the series wrapped up in a theatrical movie(s) or other form.

Comment

I ask that this thread at least stay up till the end of the day so everyone has a chance to deffinately get a grasp on the cancilation issue and how it will apply to episodes.

There seems to be some confusion going around, which is expected when any major even has just happened and everyone reports their own version of the truth.

On the forums, I've seen some people state that The Bad Guys will be the final episode.

However, in this gateworld article, the Sci-Fi network's official statement is:

SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."
            That number leaves room for episodes after The Bad Guys.

So, if anyone actually KNOWS if season 10 will get a full 20 ep run or not, please post AND provide a viable source.

Comment

That was Sci-Fi doing is Terrorism, they are Dumb and Crazys.

Idiot Sci-Fi channel.
              Fabiano Klug
              O'neill say: I don't care.
              Stargate Brasil

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                It should end with

a) NO main characters dying. Sorry, been there, done that.
                b) NO cliffhanger - no earth in peril, etc. etc. I'd rather see it end nicely, with the entire team as it stands going through the gate to another adventure. Sick to death of 'edgy' endings. They're crap
                c) NO resolution to ship or anything like that. Yeah, that's heresy in some fandom corners, but if you do that, you screw movie potential, cuz happy couples do not exist in movies until the very end. Seen far too many TV movies that made that mistake.
                Realistically with only the last two episodes needing to be shot (and disregarding the possibility of reshooting), I think a cliffhanger of sort is highly probable. Especially with the possible outlit of SG-1 coming back as a mini-series or made for TV movie.
                I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

According to the latest official statement from Sci-Fi, the show will end after the planned S10 finale:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....07&postcount=1

So everyone who's enjoying S10 need have no fear. The season won't end early, if this is to be believed.

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I doubt it's going to just stop, they will probably show the remainder of the season. I think using cancelled to describe SG-1's situation makes people assume it's just going to stop on a random episode. Basically Sci-fi haven't ordered another season, they haven't said they dont want to finish season 10 half way through.

the time is right to make this season their last on the channel
                    suggest's that they will show ALL of season 10.
                    "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, SG1 should end with
                      Spoiler:
                      The Credits
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

It should end in it's 20th season.......
                        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Well, some of us believe it ended with Moebius II . But apart from that...I'd rather have that kind of resolved ending, something warm and relaxed, all friends together kind of thing, than anything open-ended, with loose ends still hanging.

I rather suspect though it's the latter you'll get, if they're wanting to leave future franchise options open.

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

The last season of any series, ever? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rb6k
                              Well we arnt "wise" i spose, but technically one very small percentage of Earth (the SGC) has done more in 10 years, than the entire asguard race in their technologically advanced and wise state! I spose if they were to have another season they could include like the stargate program being revealled to the public etc.
                              Yes, we created a power vacuum by destorying Goa'uld, allowing superpowers like Anubis to rise and almost wipe out the entire universe. We introduced killer Replecators into our galaxy that nearly wiped out all life here, and used a weapon thatwas not our own to beat them. Then, we made the vacuum worse so that scavengers like the Lucians could pray on the needy. Finally, we made the Ori aware of our galaxy and not only this, but we made it easy for them because everyone was still in need of Gods because of the Goa'uld fallout.

In your FACE Asgards with your protection of species and your not making this worse! [/sarcasm]
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The series should end with a shot of the ori themselves making their way to the Milky way to destory the Anicents. Along with a shot of SG-1 and the jaffa in battle with the last of the ori soliders. This should lead in to the new movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X