Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While we do not know for sure if the Ancients were good tacticians or not, I would hesitate a guess that they were not the best. They just were not a war like society. They were too "civilized" to be great warriors.
    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      From the episode:

So the original poster was right. There were 21 hives in our part of the galaxy, and maybe around 60 altogether.
      Hmmm. I'm gonna have to go back and recheck that. I could have sworn that it was 60 in our part. What episode was that in? *pulling out SGA Season 1 DVD*

*Later* Found it! It was "Underground" And he was right. There were only 21 in their quadrant, but could only estimate that there were 60 hives, possibly more.

I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeStrain
        Then it should be Ori vs Ascended Wraith, the wraith of course winning because of superior numbers.
        Mmmmm, Wraith who have dined on enough Ori, becoming ascended Wraith... Hey, dining on the Ancients made them lose six legs out of eight and start flying around, maybe it's time for the next step in evilution.[1]

[1] Typo intentional.

Comment

i think the ori ships because they have bigger ships then the Tau'ri ships and i think the Tau'ri could win if they had a lot bigger ships
          http://sword.myminicity.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sword1986
            i think the ori ships because they have bigger ships then the Tau'ri ships and i think the Tau'ri could win if they had a lot bigger ships
            It's all in the shields. Without them bigger ships mean bigger target practice for the Ori ships.
            School is overrated.

Comment

The Wraith don't have shields though, the Ori main weapons would cut up the wraith like there was no tomorrow.
              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
              Zatnikitelman

Comment

The Wraith are still no pushovers. Given the lower number of wraith hive ships than I originally thought, I don't think the wraith could beat the Ori. They still might be able to do some damage and maybe even take out a Ori ship or two, but not enough to win.

And that is really too bad. For the show that is. It diminishes the threat to Atlantis with the wraith being so much weaker than the Ori, comparatively speaking that is. Think of the pickle we'd be in if the wraith and the Ori were equally powerful!!! But then again, we have the Asurans coming up. And we all know who and what they are. MUAHAHAHAHA! Now them on the other hand, I think could really do some damage to the Ori. But I'm not gonna reveal too much just in case there are those that don't know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by sword1986
                  They only win from time to time because of their beaming technology, which the Ori do not have.

The Wraith would definetley put up a fight, and they might even win. Hell, they defeated the Lanteans long ago, which are slightly more advanced than the Ori.

Of course, the Lanteans did not condone genocide, and were not ascended, so in the end the Ori would probably kill off their people, wait until the wraith starve, then come back and rebuild.

But corporeal plane-wise, the Wraith would put up a better fight than us (as we've seen)

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                    They only win from time to time because of their beaming technology, which the Ori do not have.

The Wraith would definetley put up a fight, and they might even win. Hell, they defeated the Lanteans long ago, which are slightly more advanced than the Ori.

Of course, the Lanteans did not condone genocide, and were not ascended, so in the end the Ori would probably kill off their people, wait until the wraith starve, then come back and rebuild.

But corporeal plane-wise, the Wraith would put up a better fight than us (as we've seen)
                    Well now that everyone has agreed that the Ori ships might(and probably will) win against a wraith hiveship. What do you think will happen if a wraith sucks the life force out of a prior. Or if a Wraith queen sucks out the lifeforce out of Adria?

I even wonder if I goa'uld symbiote can take over a wraith body or even a priors if it got the chance? I think the directors and producers should explore that possibility more.

Comment

I'm thinking that one on one the wraith hive would go up in flames before they could get their darts out of the bays seeing as how they have no shields and not even close to as big fire power as the Ori (the main ori gun is probably the most powerful beam weapon in the universe so far) what would be the wraiths strength in a battle would be the same as with the Lantians: their numbers.
                      one wraith Hive is toast 60 on the other hand with added cruisers and what not would be sort of a different story I think.

Comment

Do you think the wraith weapons would ever punch through Ori shields? Those things can survive 26 megaton nuclear bombs, a (at least 5 million ton) Hatak ramming against it without even getting pushed away by the momentum, and 30+ Hataks, an O'Neill, and 2 Daedalus class ships all firing at it simultaneously.

I think the only chance the wraith would have in killing an Ori ship would be to use their 2km long ship as a massive missile to ram the Ori at full speed.

Comment

Originally posted by fadeproof
                          Do you think the wraith weapons would ever punch through Ori shields? Those things can survive 26 megaton nuclear bombs, a (at least 5 million ton) Hatak ramming against it without even getting pushed away by the momentum, and 30+ Hataks, an O'Neill, and 2 Daedalus class ships all firing at it simultaneously.

I think the only chance the wraith would have in killing an Ori ship would be to use their 2km long ship as a massive missile to ram the Ori at full speed.
                          Ten wraith hiveships were capable of draining the Atlantis shield within days and that was powered by a ZPM (so we are not talking of megatons of firepower but petatons of firepower (1000000000 megatons)), so yes I think the wraith would be capable of knocking the ori shields down and with numbers win the fight.

Comment

The Wraith as a species would be able to defeat the Ori in the corporeal plane.

See the Lanteans (whom they defeated) were more advanced than the Ori, who were in turn more advanded than the MW Ancients. The Wraith defeated the Lanteans, the most technologically powerful of this races, so I think they would be able to defeat the Ori much in the same way. As I said before.

But in the end, the Ori themeselves, being ascended, could simply kill their people, wait until the wraith die out, and then rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith23
                              Ten wraith hiveships were capable of draining the Atlantis shield within days and that was powered by a ZPM (so we are not talking of megatons of firepower but petatons of firepower), so yes I think the wraith would be capable of knocking the ori shields down and with numbers win the fight.
                              Still, if we assume that Atlantis's shields are comparable to the Ori's shields (even though Atlantis had 1 of 3 possible ZPMs covering an ENTIRE CITY vs. the Ori ship with what's probably a similar power source), 60 wraith ships would cut the shield durability by about sixfold, down into the range of hours. That's still a LONG time for a completely undamaged Ori ship to fire at unshielded Wraith ships--long enough to destroy all of them, probably. That's not to mention the possibility that the Ori shields are able to absorb weapons fire and grow stronger, like in Beachhead.

I think the Wraith's advantage is production. They probably have some way to mass produce hive ships in order to come at the Lanteans in the endless waves that eventually drained them of all their resources. So if we're talking about pitting their empires, the Wraith might win, but the Ori would win in practically all the battles until all of their followers have been fed upon and eradicated.

Comment

Let's do some very murky math:

It would seem that there is a "rest time" of about 3 seconds between the mega-beams of death from an Ori ship (per Camelot). So, in order to kill off 60 hives, it'll take a minimum of 3 minutes.

The hives don't manuver very much, and the darts will barely do anything (they can barely scrape Daedy's sheilds for godsakes), so...if the Ori ships don't stop for whatever reason, 1 Ori ship can take care of all of the Wraith ships in the Pegasus galaxy in under 10 minutes. That is assuming one shot = kill (which is very likely, as per Siege Part 1).

Hmmm...I think I made a mistake somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                                X