X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bets are with the Ori
    sigpic
    Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Everyone here is discussing the Ori followers vs. the Wraith. This doesn't count for crap (even if the 60 or so Hive Ships could take out 3 Ori ships, which I doubt because of their shields and super weapons, which can not only pierce shields with only one shot, but can go through ships and continue through the vacuum of space, in effect destroying more than 1 ship with one single strike, it doesn't matter).

For one thing those are only 3 Ori ships. It's not fair to pit them against all 60 hives and say "Of course this will end the Ori-Wraith war". All the Ori have to do is build more ships and send 15 or so of them on the Wraith and they'll be ancient history.

Not only that, everyone keeps saying Ori vs. Wraith, not Ori Followers vs. Wraith. Should the Ori fight the Wraith, they would all be wiped out within minutes. If Chaya, a lone Ascended being can destroy, what, 3 hives in a matter of minutes, imagine what a fleet of crazy Ascended Beings can do.

Comment

Ori, no competition......

HOWEVER

The Ancients lost to the wraith due to far greater numbers....you never know.

Although, the Ori can use their funky ascended power.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Then it should be Ori vs Ascended Wraith, the wraith of course winning because of superior numbers.

Comment

Why should it? The question is Ori vs. Wraith.

Comment

What if the Ori convinced the Wraith that their ways were right. I say this because the Ori have done pretty well in convincing some of the Jaffa that they were the ones to follow. So it is conceivable that the Ori could recrute the Wraith.
              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
              My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                Why should it? The question is Ori vs. Wraith.
                Aren't the Ori ascended?

Comment

Originally posted by EyeStrain
                  Aren't the Ori ascended?
                  Yes, and? The Wraith aren't. Asking us to change the question to Ori vs. Ascended Wraith is like saying we humans would crush the Ori if we all ascended!

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz
                  What if the Ori convinced the Wraith that their ways were right. I say this because the Ori have done pretty well in convincing some of the Jaffa that they were the ones to follow. So it is conceivable that the Ori could recrute the Wraith.
                  Um... no, just no. For one thing, the Wraith would still need to feed off humans, humans the Ori would be better off having worshipping them because for every Wraith they let live, a few humans will die with regular intervalls.

Comment

Um... no, just no. For one thing, the Wraith would still need to feed off humans, humans the Ori would be better off having worshipping them because for every Wraith they let live, a few humans will die with regular intervalls.
                    Okay, good point. But if the Ori have the ability to heal, which we've seen, couldn't the Wraith feed, and the Ori heal, so the people don't actually die?
                    sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

They have yet to make people younger. Also, you really think they'd post Priors on every hive ready to heal the "food" everytime a Wraith got the munchies?

Not to mention that the Ori are very impatient. "Surrender to us now or die!". You think they'd go through all kinds of trouble to get the Wraith on their side when they could just smite them with some death rays?

Comment

Okay, good point, that idea won't work.

So then I would probably have to chose... the Ori.
                        sigpic

Comment

They have yet to make people younger. Also, you really think they'd post Priors on every hive ready to heal the "food" everytime a Wraith got the munchies?

Not to mention that the Ori are very impatient. "Surrender to us now or die!". You think they'd go through all kinds of trouble to get the Wraith on their side when they could just smite them with some death rays?
                          Ancient satellite. From "The Siege, Part 1."

Comment

I was thinking more Ascended being death rays a la Chaya.

Comment

Not only that, everyone keeps saying Ori vs. Wraith, not Ori Followers vs. Wraith. Should the Ori fight the Wraith, they would all be wiped out within minutes. If Chaya, a lone Ascended being can destroy, what, 3 hives in a matter of minutes, imagine what a fleet of crazy Ascended Beings can do.
                              Did Chaya take out three Hives?

Oh yeah, in terms of Ori Followers vs. Wraith, that would be interesting since the Ori get power from their followers.... what happens if the Wraith eat all of them lol

Comment

I only saw "Sanctuary" once because I hated it. Anyway, I seem to be remembering it wrong. Chaya took out darts and cruisers?

Comment

Working...
                                X