This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmwhite
    Wow, it took three times for me to get this question out. The site kept crashing my browser. Anyway, I'm more interested about being on foot, than in flight. What if a wraith fed off a Prior, or the Adria (I think thats her name) character? The live off the life force of the victim. That's a hell of a lot of energy in the Ori to suck up...
    Chea, that's what I mean a wraith sucking the lifeforce out of a prior or adria I wonder what would happen?...

Comment

Originally posted by EyeStrain
      If the wraith are able to deplete a zpm in days, then there is no doubt they can overcome the Ori shield. Just watch what they did to the ancient satellite and Orion without shields. Hive ships are much larger than those Ori ships and the firepower( bolts the size of deadalus) The ancient satellite(monster size) alone can destroy an Ori mothership.

Ori galaxy=more food for the wraith=stronger and determined wraith. We just don't know the total numbers of hives.
      You may wanna put a spoiler on the top part for people that aint seen the start to the season.

I wouldnt say the Wraith ships are bigger anyway, the Ori ships are at least one and a half the size, Id say. Look at Camelot, the Ori ships were huge compared to the Hataks and Id say the Wraith ships are about the same size as the Hataks.
      Spoiler:
      Plus the fact that the Orion didnt stand a chance against the hives because they had no shields or weapons operational, and if they did have the shields up, they werent at full power

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
        We know you love the wraith, but the Ori can beat the wraith. the ancients didnt win cuz they were outnumbered and sucked at tactics.
        Another reason the Ancients never won was because they werent a violent race either so they werent prepared for the war.

Comment

Also, a few posts ago (maybe a page) someone said that the Ori cant fight in this galaxy and that their priors and followers would have to fight, which is correct, but even so, the Priors alone could take out the Wraith using the power they posess and imagine if more than one Prior was there and spoiler for S10
          Spoiler:
          Adria was there, I mean she has more power than the Priors
          so the Wraith wouldnt stand a chance against the Priors/Ori followers.

As for ships, well I have explained about their motherships
          Spoiler:
          but as for their small ships, the dart is propably no match for the Ori fighter crafts. From what we have seen of them we dont know much but the Ori made them and they have the knowledge of the Universe which the Wraith dont so they have to be more powerful

Comment

If the wraith are able to deplete a zpm in days, then there is no doubt they can overcome the Ori shield.
            Oh there is doubt.

The fact is, the Deady survived many encounters with the Wraith, and can only take 3 hits from the Ori death cannon. Not to mention the fact that nothing (we've made) so far has breached an Ori shield.

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
            wraith hiveships carry THOUSANDS of wraith only 200 were left after the virus and you don't give the wraith enough credit i'd put it at 4 hives to an ori mothership and the wraith could build alot more...
            4?! 1 Ori ship can take care of that in...oh, I give it 20 seconds. The darts can do whatever the heck they want since they won't have any effects on the shields.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              Oh there is doubt.

The fact is, the Deady survived many encounters with the Wraith, and can only take 3 hits from the Ori death cannon. Not to mention the fact that nothing (we've made) so far has breached an Ori shield.

4?! 1 Ori ship can take care of that in...oh, I give it 20 seconds. The darts can do whatever the heck they want since they won't have any effects on the shields.
              I agree. Ori pwn Wraith and the only reason the Ancients didnt is because they suck at tactics, and they were outnumbered. ANd Drones can get depleted. The Ori could start by taking out the dart bays with their turrets. they could fire and fire and fire them into the Hive. Then the laser on the Ori ship, which I call a superweapon, could take it out in maybe four shots, I dont really know, but what I do know is that the Ori would win

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                Another reason the Ancients never won was because they werent a violent race either so they werent prepared for the war.
                no, its only because they suck at tactics and they were outnumbered. They made super weapons before. The Wraith are powerful compared to the Asgard and Goauld and tau'ri, but compared to the Ori, they suck

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                  Oh there is doubt.

Well deady seem to escape when their shield can no longer take it. The Asurans(doppelganger) will show how powerful the ancients were.

Comment

no, its only because they suck at tactics and they were outnumbered. They made super weapons before. The Wraith are powerful compared to the Asgard and Goauld and tau'ri, but compared to the Ori, they suck
                    powerful against us and the gouald maybe.. but i think the Asgard would see them as equals or lower... As the Asgard are way cooler than the ancients, and the Wraith are split off from the Ancients lol
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Well deady seem to escape when their shield can no longer take it. The Asurans(doppelganger) will show how powerful the ancients were.
                      deady can barely escape, in the atlantis premier, they coudlnt even move lol...

Asurans had 10thousand years or more to improve upon the ancient tech, so they'll show us how the ancients on steriods were...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                        know what??
                        The Orii have greater numbers? Orii control an ENTIRE Galaxy.. if our planet has 6 billion people on it, I'd like to think an Entire Galaxy would have more...
                        There are no more than 70 Hive Ships because in season 2 when they found that Wraith equivlant to a portable HardDrive I believe it said there was about 60. Now in the second episode of SGA Season 3, they said a Hive ship usually holds a thousand, and thye were lucky they only had 200..
                        S ofar the only blowing up of a Orii ship is usingthe Super Stargate and getting lucky.
                        So far blowing up Hive Ships is a second nature for us..
                        Our Rail guns, don't really effect the hive ship to much.. The Orii Shields are TO Strong to let our stuff hit them.
                        The Orii's big beam cannon is a one hit wonder.
                        The Wraith take atleast 3 or 4 Direct Shots at us in a row before anythign i nthe ship blows up like control pannels ect...(which i don't get.. its like a radio exploding when u get i na car accident lol)
                        Everything is in the show...
                        by the way my estimation on Wraith population is what it is because the show said there was 60, I'm sure Wraith have secret hives, and we blew up like 10.. So I'd say 70, and tohusand wriath a peice giving them 70,000 on hives.. well, not all wraith are on hives so i estimate that 30 to 50 thousand arent.. Wraith pop is an estimate, but if I'm wrong about the Orii Pop then thsi makes no sense, because they own a galaxy and our planet would be more populated...
                        If you had paid attention to the full conversation, they said that there were 60 hive ships JUST IN THIER PART OF THE GALAXY. Just because someone controls an entire galaxy doesn't mean they have a greater population. The populations of the planets in the Ori galaxy may not be as large as it is on earth. Look at our own galaxy in the SG universe, earth is the most populated planet. Most of the other planets have much smaller populations, from a few hundred up to maybe a million. That is tiny compared to the 6.5 billion humans on earth. There are no definitive answers to the question of population sizes of either galaxy however.
                        I believe a Wraith hive ship has several thousand on board when fully stocked. If you couple that with the fact that there are many more hives in the rest of the galaxy and not just the 60 hives in Atlantis's part of the Galaxy, you'd have a pretty good sized total wraith population. It could very well end up as many as a million.
                        As far as the control panels exploding, it makes complete sense. Have you ever turned on a light and the bulb blows right as you turn it on? That's because the filament can't handle the sudden flow of electricity and it super heats to the point that the filament vaporizes. That superheating and vaporizing is the flash you see when the bulb blows. Now think about what's happening when a wriath ship is firing at the Daedalus. They are firing energy based weapons. As the systems on Daedalus are functioning, there is fluctuations in the amount of power going to those panels. Couple that with the vibration of the impacts and you get the same general type of burnout that the light bulb does. In some cases it's just wires that burn out and detach; you can reuse the wire after it's been cleaned of contaminents and reconnected to the device it came from. That doesn't mean the device will work, but the wire will still be good, except that there may be some degredation of the quality of the wire, which would make it more succeptible of a future failure. I saw an experiment in high school where the teacher used a magnet to cause a running light bulb to overload and burn out.
                        As far as blowing up ships, it's not as easy as you think. The only way we've been able to blowup a wraith ship is by beaming the nuke inside the hive. And the wraith have counter-measures to prevent that. In S3 Ep1 of Atlantis a hive ship took a hit with a nuke and it did not destroy it. Sure it did a lot of damage but they were still firing at us and the Orion after it hit. So it's NOT "second nature" for us. The Ori ships are a completely different beast. Teal'c was smart to try and lure the Ori ship back towards him and over the supergate and the standard gate. You are right though, we were lucky it worked. The Ori main gun is not a "one hit wonder" as you called it on our ships or the Asgard ship. I counted atleast 3 hits to the Korolev before it was destroyed. Now the Jaffa's Hatak's on the other hand, they didn't do so well. But that's no suprise. It's well known that our shields are better than the Goa'uld based shields, they just have better main weapons than our whimpy rail guns. The only weapon we have that is extremely powerful is our nukes. But they have many drawbacks: limited numbers onboard, easy to intercept, cause radiation that interferes with sensors, and they don't bring down shields.
                        Oh, and if the Ori had a larger population then why are they trying to gather new followers in our galaxy? It's because they derive their power from us. And they need that extra power from this galaxy to eventually take on and destroy the Ancients that are Ascended in our galaxy. I just don't see the Ori galaxy as having HUGE populations on it's planets.
                        Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                        Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

why does everyone think the ancients were poor tacticians...what is the basis and i mean real evidence for this assumtion?
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                            oo lol.. well u never know they might eat eachother... and if the civil war is real, then there may be less than 60 now... lol

I'm gonna have to rewatch camelot... I coulda swore it was one direct hit.. i mean,
                            Spoiler:
                            they gave the guys on ethon a satilite to destroy PRomethus, and that was a two shotter... idk if the shields were down or not tho. Coulda swore the shields were up, and coulda swore they just upgraded the tech on it.
                            Anyway if that was 2, then you'd think the Orii would have something better than 3 hits on their ship
                            The shields on the Prometheus were not as strong as the ones on the Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev. The Promey was basically a test bed for technologies. They used what they learned on the Prometheus to make the Daedelus class. The final blast that killed the Korolev was a double shot, coming from 2 of the Ori ships. And the Korolev got hit atleast one more time before that. The satalite that was in the Ep "Ethon" was similar technology to the Ori ships. What was different was the power source. That's why it needed to recharge after each shot. I think that difference in power source is why the priors are needed to start up the Ori's ships.
                            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

they do

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
                                If you had paid attention to the full conversation, they said that there were 60 hive ships JUST IN THIER PART OF THE GALAXY.
                                From the episode:

PETER: But we were able to ascertain the existence of 21 wraith hive ships just in our quarter of the Pegasus galaxy alone

SHEPPARD: 21?

PETER: And there are indications of far more elsewhere in Pegasus.

SHEPPARD: How many more?

PETER: Well there’s no way of knowing for sure…perhaps sixty or more…

SHEPPARD: That’s a lot of ships
                                So the original poster was right. There were 21 hives in our part of the galaxy, and maybe around 60 altogether.

Comment

Working...
                                X