This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
    I only saw "Sanctuary" once because I hated it. Anyway, I seem to be remembering it wrong. Chaya took out darts and cruisers?
    That's ok... I'm one of the few people who love Chaya and probably the only one who puts Sanctuary in the very top of season 1 due to the fact that I love John/Chaya and find his interaction with a real Ascended Ancient really friggin' cool.

Comment

Ill put all my money (which isnt alot at the moment) on the Ori. There is no way the Wraith could win and although I like the Wraith and their ships, I also like the Ori and seeing the power they posess, the Wraith are going down

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
        That's ok... I'm one of the few people who love Chaya and probably the only one who puts Sanctuary in the very top of season 1 due to the fact that I love John/Chaya and find his interaction with a real Ascended Ancient really friggin' cool.
        I wouldnt put Sanctuary at the top but it was pretty kool and as for Chaya, shes amazin

You're not alone

Comment

You forget that the Ori cannot act directly in our galaxy without reprisal from the Ancients (the good ascended). So it would be the Ori followers with the priors vs. the Wraith. So, the powers of an Ascended being don't come into play, much. The Ori ships are far more powerful that the Wraith, yes. But the Wraith ships are powerful too, just not as much so. Now you have to remember that there are MORE than 60 Wraith hiveships. The 60 number was only the amount that was in the part of the galaxy that Atlantis was in. I think, not 100% sure, the part they were referring to was a quarter of the galaxy. So, if numbers hold true, that should mean there were about 240 hive ships in the Pegasus galaxy in total, minus the ones that have been destroyed. Despite the superiority of the Ori ships, if you put enough Wraith hive ships on them, I think the Wraith could do some serious damage to the Ori. Possibly even win against the 3 remaining Ori ships. But in the end, I don't think the Wraith could win in the long term against a never ending supply of Ori ships. From Earth's perspective, who won between the two doesn't matter as much. Getting those two fighting eachother would buy us some time to build up our forces and formulate an effective plan at fighting whoever won. In the end, I think the Ori would win, but not before taking a lot of damage and casualties.
          Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
          Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
            Actually, the reason we lost was because the people back home didn't support the war (as well as our own government nearing the end). For example, we should have been constantly carpet bombing the border between Vietnam and China, but the US government decided we shouldn't "incite" the Chinese even though they were constantly arming the Viet Cong.

In case of the Wraith/Ancients, you are right... there were just too many Wraith to be able to fight, and the Ancients didn't really do a great job fighting, anyway.
            You are right in that the eventual "final nail in the coffin" was that our people and government didn't support the war. That was the socio-political reason. Militarily speaking, we were not as effective at stopping the NVA/VC because they had a constant supply of people and material. Remember that the Ho Chi Minh trail would be destroyed one day, stopping that supply, and within a few days it was back in service. The carpet bombing would have greatly slowed the overall abilities of the NVA, but it wouldn't have stopped it completely. That would have given the ground troops the edge needed to possibly win the ground war. Remember that the NVA had a pretty low tech approach to supply, bikes and people carring the items, with a few trucks here and there. The majority of the supply came in by bicycle and manual labor. It's pretty hard for a B-52 to target a single person on a bike. Maybe not today with lazer guided bombs and such, but back in the '60's, it was a little different.

As for the Ancients and why they lost the war with the Wraith, I think part of the reason was that the Ancients, in my opinion, were/are predominately pacifists. They just were not a war-like society. This made it extremely hard to fight so many of the wraith. Despite the fact that the Ancients were more advanced and powerful than the wraith and could win every battle, meaning they could destroy the hive ships, they could not overcome the unending supply of wraith. It would be like one guy with a M-249 S.A.W. fighting 1000 bad guys with six-shooter pistols. He could mow down wave after wave, but eventually have to reload and the wear and tear on the M-249 would be extreme. He wouldn't be able to get them all, not unless they came one at a time or lined up one behind the other for him. If they spread out he would be in deep doo-doo.

Comment

Who do you think could win? An Ori battle cruiser or a Wraith hiveships. I thought the cross-over in the pegasus project was pretty cool. If an Ori ship goes to the Pegasus Galaxy or a Wraith ship manages to go to the milky way. And if they have an encounter who do you think will win? The Wraith ships are pretty big and theire fire power is fast. Although those Ori shields are pretty strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatman
                Who do you think could win? An Ori battle cruiser or a Wraith hiveships. I thought the cross-over in the pegasus project was pretty cool. If an Ori ship goes to the Pegasus Galaxy or a Wraith ship manages to go to the milky way. And if they have an encounter who do you think will win? The Wraith ships are pretty big and theire fire power is fast. Although those Ori shields are pretty strong.

Well I think the Ori ship has a better chance of winning but I think the Wraith ship will put up a better fight than the other ships in crusade.

Comment

It's amazing that no-one's ever posed this question before.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                  My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit
                    Ori, no competition......
                    Agree with above statement.
                    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

the ori
                      http://sword.myminicity.com/

Comment

is that sarcasm...lol
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I'm definitely not feeling the love for the Wraith. I like both the Ori and the Wraith. I think in a 1 vs 1 battle, the Ori would trounce the Wraith. But I still think the Wraith could be a serious problem to whomever they came up against, even the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Coutelier
                            It's amazing that no-one's ever posed this question before.
                            Hmm... It's only natural that every good scienfiction series has their bad guys facing off against each other. Like in season 8 The Replicators vs The Goa'uld.

I read about the progency episode thing from Atlantis. Who knows maybe we'll see the return of the Replicators and maybe we'll see them go to the milky way galaxy(... again). And maybe even fight the Ori there, or have them fight the Wraith or something.

Comment

Wow, it took three times for me to get this question out. The site kept crashing my browser. Anyway, I'm more interested about being on foot, than in flight. What if a wraith fed off a Prior, or the Adria (I think thats her name) character? The live off the life force of the victim. That's a hell of a lot of energy in the Ori to suck up...
                              Green me as you see fit.

Comment

Ori vs Wraith... Ascended Beings with no physical being, or Vampires that feed off the life of a physical being... Ori...

Orii followers?? thats diffrent.. Humans and Advanced humans given technoledgy and power by ascended beings, and have 10s of Millions if not billions of soldiers supporting them.(they conquered an entire Galaxy, theres got to be a couple billion atleast.) or Wraith with at most 70 Hive Ships(didn't they get that from the wraith tech thing about there being 60+ hive ships i nthe galaxy?) each one to be filled with 200 to 1000 Wraith each, but we'll say 1000. thats 70,000. And then add Wraith that may not be on a Hive, thats at Tops 130,000. No matter what the Wraith, have no more than a million, and the Orii do. and thye have better tech.

look at it like this:
                                Wraith
                                We can blow up a wraith hive ship with a nuke.
                                We can inflict some damage(some) to a hive with Rail Guns...
                                We can survive atleast 4 Hits before our shields go down.
                                Wraith weapons stun.

Orii
                                We can only blow up a ship with a super stargate.
                                We can't inflict any damage with railguns, missles, or energy weapons.
                                We can't Survive one hit from their laser cannon thing
                                Orii weapons kill..

Based on the fact that We can defeat the Wraith, because we're somewhat smarter than any ancients. For Example the RetroVirus, why didn't they think of it, probably due to their limited population and reproduction hahahaha lol.. Anyway... The Orii are diffrent, its like us taking on the Ancients and they have no mercy... Because their Techs diffrent than the Ancients, I'm sure after millions of years they'd been able to make it almost like the ancients.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                                X