Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on SG-1's 'The Shroud' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprectra
    Man, I never saw this one coming. O_O
    Believe me, most of us didn't. But, boy does this storyline have possiblilities. I can't wait to see how TPTB play this one. Should be very interesting, to say the least.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
      Yeah, how odd. Of all the SG team Daniel seems the most unlikely to convert to Origin
      Which is why out of all members of SG1 he's the obvious candidate writing-wise to convert.

What if he thought the only way to save lives - planets full of lives - was to help convert them to Origin? The Ancients aren't fighting them and the Ori are steamrolling over anyone who resists...
      I think he's made a point several times that he believes death is better than life in slavery, which is basically what conversion to Origin is.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry
        Which is why out of all members of SG1 he's the obvious candidate writing-wise to convert.

I think he's made a point several times that he believes death is better than life in slavery, which is basically what conversion to Origin is.
        This is what makes me doubt that it's actually him that's the prior.
        If it is him, the reason will have to be because of one galactic sized rock and hard place, I can't even think of a reason good enough

I was shocked by this storyline but I suppose as long as we get him back the angst for him and the team should make for some very interesting epsiodes
        AncientsTimeline

Comment

Who says he is Prior........................for the Ori........................Why not a Prior for the Ancients.......................That is why you have a choice and not a demand.
          Ska'ra made him a Prior for the Ancients. Once the planet turns towards the light then the Ori can't inforce there will. Call it a loophole in there rules that we see a lot. Daniel turns them then Shevu comes in and leads them on a great grussade to conquer evil, ori. With Vala's daughter leading the Army of Solliest and Shevu (hersisus child) leading the Army of Keb.

Just a thought......
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
            Who says he is Prior........................for the Ori........................Why not a Prior for the Ancients.......................That is why you have a choice and not a demand.
            Ska'ra made him a Prior for the Ancients. Once the planet turns towards the light then the Ori can't inforce there will. Call it a loophole in there rules that we see a lot. Daniel turns them then Shevu comes in and leads them on a great grussade to conquer evil, ori. With Vala's daughter leading the Army of Solliest and Shevu (hersisus child) leading the Army of Keb.

Just a thought......
            We know he's a Prior for the Ori because he's preaching Origin to the people of that world. If he were an Ancient Prior, why would he be spreading the word of the Ori?
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I hope they come up with a very good explaination on the how and why Daniel became a Prior. If the reason is not believable to me, then the whole arc will just not hold my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
                I hope they come up with a very good explaination on the how and why Daniel became a Prior. If the reason is not believable to me, then the whole arc will just not hold my interest.
                I have a lot of faith that this will end up being one hell of a little story arc. I just have a positive feeling about it.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

im sticking with the to cause contradiction and to start an uprisal in Origin
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    We know he's a Prior for the Ori because he's preaching Origin to the people of that world. If he were an Ancient Prior, why would he be spreading the word of the Ori?
                    AFAIK, it has never been stated on the show where the Book of Origin came from. Maybe (I'm wildly speculating here) the book of Origin has been a part of Alterran life for a long long time, and was the reason *why* the Alterrans split up into Ori and Ancients. Maybe there was a group of Alterrans who saw the Book of Origin from a very fundamentalist religious point of view. This group then chose their name from the Book of Origin ("Ori"), like the Evangelics named themselves after the Gospels (the Greek word for Gospel is evangelion). And the other Alterrans moved on with science and later became known as the "Ancients".

With this reasoning, Daniel could indeed be preaching the teachings of the Book of Origin, but not with the interpretation of the fundamentalist Ori, but the more liberal(?) Ancients. Good idea, LORD MONK.
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I have been away for awhile but when i read the stuff for the shroud i was kinda like....WTF how many times is this crap going to happen to Daniel. I mean come on They should change the title to the StarGate 3: the search for Jackson. I dont know im not liking this one bit.
                      The enemy has spoken

Comment

It could be that Jackson is out to prove that the Ori dont assend you. He's going to do their little dance and when it comes time to assend and he doesnt, he'll just assend himself since he already has done it and probably figured out again. Then he'll kick some Ori butt!

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

hmmm the shroud = theshold??

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit
                            hmmm the shroud = theshold??
                            Bringing Daniel back from this transformation might just call for something like what went on in Season 5's "Threshold." Capture him, restrain him, and force him to remember his past and who he really is. I like that idea, actually.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

That does make alot of sense and would probly make a good episode.
                              What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
                              I made a big decision a little while ago.
                              I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
                              That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
                              Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
                              Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
                              Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
                              Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
                              And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

threshold does seem pluasable. gerak was open to change, he still had some degree of free will hopefully daniel has that too.
                                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                                X