Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on SG-1's 'The Shroud' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel has continued asking "What if we're wrong" so maybe he wants to find out. Daniel also still has some info from the Ancients stored in his head, so maybe that info will over-ride the failsafe.

I've got a lot of guesses on this right now, but it's all speculation. I also can't help but believe that Adria is somehow responsible and that maybe Daniel is not a normal prior, but obviously Gerak had free will (Except for the failsafe) even when he was given power, I don't see why Daniel wouldn't be the same.

Also, maybe the prior neutralizer that they used on Demerus will neutralize the failsafe.

One final thought... Maybe the "softsell" origin is Daniel's way of putting them on the true path to ascension without tipping off the Ori. More ascended people increases the numbers/power of the ones protecting our galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
      threshold does seem pluasable. gerak was open to change, he still had some degree of free will hopefully daniel has that too.
      Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If SG-1 can just reach him, I think they'll be able to save him. But overriding the Prior "fail-safe", that's a different story. I wonder how they'll beat that?
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy
        Daniel has continued asking "What if we're wrong" so maybe he wants to find out. Daniel also still has some info from the Ancients stored in his head, so maybe that info will over-ride the failsafe.

I've got a lot of guesses on this right now, but it's all speculation. I also can't help but believe that Adria is somehow responsible and that maybe Daniel is not a normal prior, but obviously Gerak had free will (Except for the failsafe) even when he was given power, I don't see why Daniel wouldn't be the same.

Also, maybe the prior neutralizer that they used on Demerus will neutralize the failsafe.

One final thought... Maybe the "softsell" origin is Daniel's way of putting them on the true path to ascension without tipping off the Ori. More ascended people increases the numbers/power of the ones protecting our galaxy.
        Two holes - the Orii don't ascend their followers - er, as much as we know, at any rate. The only way to ascend without help from another ascended being is to reach a certain biological stage, which you can't reach simply by believing.
        The second is the Prior neutraliser - it could help them catch Daniel, if such a need arises. It can't help them de-priorise him or even override the failsafe. Also... it's limited in time, Demerus ended up learning to overcome it.
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I just don't see Daniel becoming a Prior. His believes are different and you have to believe in order to be a Prior. Last I checked Priors don't give choices and if you help us then you burn up in flames.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
            I just don't see Daniel becoming a Prior. His believes are different and you have to believe in order to be a Prior. Last I checked Priors don't give choices and if you help us then you burn up in flames.
            That's part of what will be so interesting to see. What makes Daniel become a Prior? And, how will SG-1 work to beat the fail-safe built into Priors by the Ori? Questions I can't wait to be answered. I am so looking forward to this episode.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              That's part of what will be so interesting to see. What makes Daniel become a Prior? And, how will SG-1 work to beat the fail-safe built into Priors by the Ori? Questions I can't wait to be answered. I am so looking forward to this episode.
              I just don't see it. I want him to be working for the Ancients myself. We will have to wait and see. This is the ep. I want to see the most out of season 10 so far. TPTB has a way of making me like it even more.
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

I just don't see it. I want him to be working for the Ancients myself. We will have to wait and see. This is the ep. I want to see the most out of season 10 so far. TPTB has a way of making me like it even more.
                IMO, a lot of what I've read spoiler-wise about this season sounds good to me. I think we're in for one hell of an awesome season.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

There are the possible conclusions i've come to:

Either:

- Daniel is working with the ascended ancients in an attempt to strip the ori for what they really are, and that he needed to be turned into an advanced human [prior] in order to find and operate the sangreal

or

- Daniel has been brainwashed by Adriana and we're screwed for that rest of the season

or

- Daniel has been shown something that turned his beliefs around completely and swayed him to origin

I can see the first two being more likely. I hope the first one is right though.
                  And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

What you forget is that there will more than 10 episodes *leading* to this episode. If TPTB do a good job, you'll then be able to see Daniel becoming a Prior. At least I hope TPTB do a good job, I really do.
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      IMO, a lot of what I've read spoiler-wise about this season sounds good to me. I think we're in for one hell of an awesome season.
                      I love this season to. I think it is going to be better then last season. I also know that TPTB won't let me down. Sometimes you just eed to hear it, or read it. I have been watching from the begining so I know Daniel isn't going to go with them without some altearer motive.

Comment

I just read about Daniel.....and I can't stop crying.......my dad asked why. I told him Danny would become a prior....he didn't get it....I'm still crying.....my mum says he's most likely undercover sortof like in Shades of Grey....cept' he's doing it as more of a learning epeirience....I told her who would want to learn so much they risk loosing who they are? Why DANIEL!!! WHY *goes to sulk about Daniel*

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                          What you forget is that there will more than 10 episodes *leading* to this episode. If TPTB do a good job, you'll then be able to see Daniel becoming a Prior. At least I hope TPTB do a good job, I really do.
                          Exactly.. the fact this is the 13th spoiler available doesn't automatically make it episode #13... Cough, oh, how I worked my head trying to fit Threads spoilers before Reckoning til they said the order is reversed...

However.. I'm pretty sure we won't see Daniel becoming a Prior - at least not at first, maybe - hopefully - flashbacks and the likes, probably references once he's been dePriorised. Since the spoilers are for the teaser, I s'pose it woudl be pointless to show him becoming a Prior and then show it up on the teaser, as well.
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by MiniHerc
                            There are the possible conclusions i've come to:

Either:

- Daniel is working with the ascended ancients in an attempt to strip the ori for what they really are, and that he needed to be turned into an advanced human [prior] in order to find and operate the sangreal

or

- Daniel has been brainwashed by Adriana and we're screwed for that rest of the season

or

- Daniel has been shown something that turned his beliefs around completely and swayed him to origin

I can see the first two being more likely. I hope the first one is right though.
                            Two others: as someone else has pointed out - this Daniel is a fake/clone

or

It's all a bad dream ala 'Forever in a Day' - which frankly I would consider the biggest cop out ever, right up there with 'who shot JR' on Dallas! (Yes, I'm dating myself - sigh!)

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle_Jumper_One
                              I just read about Daniel.....and I can't stop crying.......my dad asked why. I told him Danny would become a prior....he didn't get it....I'm still crying.....my mum says he's most likely undercover sortof like in Shades of Grey....cept' he's doing it as more of a learning epeirience....I told her who would want to learn so much they risk loosing who they are? Why DANIEL!!! WHY *goes to sulk about Daniel*
                              Don't worry too much. I'm sure things will turn out alright in the end. SG-1 will find a way to save him.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

This post contains spoilers of episode TITLES for the second half of season 10. Plus guest appearance by RDA.

Thanks to sg1niner over at the Jack spoilers thread, we now know that Jack will appear in episode 14.. and with the available spoilers so far, I've came up with a very rough timeline..

10.11 - The Quest part 2

10.12 - The Shroud (according to certain interviews, The Quest leads up to The Shroud, despite the order listed so far..)

10.13 - Line In The Sand

10.14 - With Jack!

10.?? - Bounty - With Daniel back.

So, according to what we know.. Daniel is gone for 2 episodes: Line in the Sand for sure.. and I suppose The Shroud or 10.14. I can't imagine him being gone for 10.14 since the point of bringing Jack back would be to interact with Daniel.. right? Right! (At least I hope)

I guess the arc won't last that long.. 1 episode to see him as Prior.. 1 episode with SG-1 doing their own thing.. and 1 episode with Jack.. getting Daniel back?

What do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                                X