Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on SG-1's 'The Shroud' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
    There were a few rare episodes where Daniel didnt wear glasses. That episode where he became addicted to the sarcophagus and the time he was Lord Yu's personal servant. But an entire episode from start to finish? hmmm
    Well, I don't like any episodes without his glasses, but I'm more worried that fixing him will mean the glasses gone forever. Sort of an easy sign that there's been a significant change in Daniel. He may be back from being a prior, but all that happened means he's not the same man he was. I just hope none of that happens. After it's all over, he's back to whatever vision problems and sensible (but infuriately on and off -what's the word?) distaste for contacts.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Sure, there can be some repercussions and all that, as long as he doesn't stay that way! Why anyone would want Daniel to stay a prior is....I just don't get it!
      Yeah... I definitely don't want Daniel to stay a Prior. That means even less time with the three original characters, because he'd be doing his Prior thing. No me gusta nada. Daniel has to stay, and he has to deal with the issues that follow with his team. I think that'd be the best way to address it.

But if they gloss over his pain, like they glossed over Harrid/Sallis, Jacob, RepliCarter and a myriad of other things, it's going to make this arc 10x more painful than it probably already will be.

He just has to be relatively back to his old self by the fourth to last episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
        This is actually the first full spoiler report I've read of Season Ten (a title like "The Shroud" just sounded way too cool to pass up ), so I'm curious where in the season this falls in.
        Hopefully far away enough from the ending that they can do the main part of the story (which I suppose will be him being a prior) "justice" have time for him to get de-priorized, and rejoin SG1 and the fight well before the season's end. I'm scared of all this 4 person team talk.

And, I'm not pinning any hopes on the emotional fallout. That's what should happen, and it's what I want to happen. I mean, we've gotten some lovely snippets of Daniel angst in season 9 (Ethon, Avalon 2) but when was the last time they had really down and dirty Daniel angst? And, sing it with me, comfort.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Am not sure about this one myself - it could be bad it could be good - all i know is i've a got a weird feeling in my stomach - looking over some things, that place this ep as being after Bounty - am hoping that's wrong, cos otherwise it seems a bit of a big jump!
          Prior Daniel - it could be really good - but the writers are soooo going to have to sell just HOW it is Daniel's a prior, what with the whole, by choice thing. But, it could also be bad - if they ignore the fact it goes against a lot of what the character stands for, and they ignore having to really sell it to us that Daniel did it by choice - through there be hope in the fact the spoiler includes comments on his preaching being without the threats as per normal Priors.....
          I know there's a tonne of other people who've said similar things, but i just had to add my pennies worth!
          Here's hoping the writers carry it through well, and don't try and skip around it like they have before! fingers (and toes) crossed that it's good - and that it's not all just a wind up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
            Hopefully far away enough from the ending that they can do the main part of the story (which I suppose will be him being a prior) "justice" have time for him to get de-priorized, and rejoin SG1 and the fight well before the season's end. I'm scared of all this 4 person team talk.

And, I'm not pinning any hopes on the emotional fallout. That's what should happen, and it's what I want to happen. I mean, we've gotten some lovely snippets of Daniel angst in season 9 (Ethon, Avalon 2) but when was the last time they had really down and dirty Daniel angst? And, sing it with me, comfort.
            Gosh, it certainly has been a while since they had any of the "Down and dirty Daniel angst", as you put it. And that's really disapointing, yes, no kidding. I mean, seriously, when 'was' the last time? Somebody tell me.

And this four person team without Daniel cause he's a prior stuff specualtion is freaking me out too! They can't do that! yes, defiantely want Daniel to be no longer a proir and with SG-1 again by the end of the season, and hoping for good emotional fallout and no lasting physical damage.

Oh yes, and thanks to whoever it was that posted the pcitures of Ford . That helped with my point in my last post.

Ooops, gotta go...chior concert. LOL

When billions vanish, including one of SG-1's own, the team looks for answers. What they find changes their lives forever, and throws them into the battle of the ages. What happens when SG-1 stands in the way of the most evil enemy they will ever face?
            Read "Left Behind: SG-1" for excitement like never before in Stargate fanfiction!
            Left Behind: SG-1
            The rest of my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/~startrekfreak

Comment

Well, I don't like any episodes without his glasses, but I'm more worried that fixing him will mean the glasses gone forever. Sort of an easy sign that there's been a significant change in Daniel. He may be back from being a prior, but all that happened means he's not the same man he was. I just hope none of that happens. After it's all over, he's back to whatever vision problems and sensible (but infuriately on and off -what's the word?) distaste for contacts.
              I don't think that will happen hopefully. If he changed back from being a Prior then I think he will lose all the...uhm...'perfections'? of being an advanced human and return to being the glasses wearing Daniel we all know.

Though thinking about it I hope he doesnt join the team again but is still a Prior and they somehow removed the 'fiery deathswitch'. Don't think that would be good. But otherwise, if he changes back he would go back to being normal...at least i hope thats the case.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Okay, do we know that it's going to be shown after Bounty? It's just possible they're shooting it then, or maybe spoilers have just come out in that order, but these episodes aren't going to be on tv one after the other.

Although, if they are, it could still work. Sort of a big shock (although how much of one with spoilers floating everywhere, I don't know -but again, not everyone sees spoilers) after a fairly light episode.

Now, if it wasn't for the fact that I hate the Ori, I'd be more excited. I can't see how they can make him a prior and not deal with how it's so different from who he is. Not when they spent the first part of the season having him talk against them, go up against the Doci, stand in their faces.

It just has to be either brainwashing, or Daniel foolishly finding a way to infiltrate their numbers and using it, then getting caught. Some less likely or cop out possibilities would be he's found some way to fake being a prior, in which case, I suspect this not to last for more than 1 episode if he's found by SG1 early (they find him he convinces them he's not really gone prior, he tells them whatever the heck he's up to, and they high tail it out of there) or it's really Adria morphing as Daniel and the real Daniel is being held captive. The first one doesn't seem likely if this is the arc they're talking about.

Comment

I wonder how MS' time off from the show will factor in. He's taking off 4 episodes, right? If they're spaced out, two in the first half and two in the second, it could explain how he got to where he is instead of being with SG1. Maybe there's a twist after Bounty. Daniel is part of the rescue effort, everything is fine, he goes back to the museum or wherever he was to study up on things again, and he suddenly vanishes. Although, I can't think of how they could do that without showing a prior getting him, and that might ruin the impact of the later reveal of this episode for those unspoiled people. But, still the two episodes in between could be him missing.

Comment

That's what I mean about is this just about him turning evil or the emotional fallout. If Daniel had become a Goa'uld and went around doing evil things for awhile before the Tok'ra caught up to him, he'd still have all those memories of what he had been made to do. It shouldn't just be about if thye can fix him, there's no point. Removing the symbiote wouldn't have removed the emotional fallout. And, that's what would be the draw for me. What happens after he's no longer a prior. Cause the whole white haired, white eyed, spouting messages thing isn't my cup of tea. Daniel pale and shaking afterwards, stunned and disgusted, thinking, "What have I done?" is what I want. With comfort.

And, if Joe can be believed, they aren't going to irreparably damage Daniel. Daniel staying a prior for good can't be anything but irreparable damage.

I agree. If Daniel had been Gou'alded in the earlier seasons, there would be emotional fallout, because of what happened with Shar're and Skar'ra. He would know how it felt and want help dealing with it.

Also I've been thinking, there has to be something more to this. Either it's Daniel trying to gather intel about the Ori. Or it's ( I'm putting this in spoiler button just in case)-
                    Spoiler:
                    Adria using thought projection and hopes that the team brings him back to the SGC where she can send for her ships.

I hope that it's the first. Because after Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c have been through togther, I just can't see it.

Comment

Just a thought.
                      What is the point of soft selling Origin? If they say "no thanks" will the prior/Daniel just go away? That's not really the Ori's M.O.

Another hint in the prior/fake prior debate?

Comment

spoilers for other s10 eps included in this post.

Originally posted by immhotep
                        Im really not liking this arc for Daniel...becoming a prior?!!! that doesnt make sense atall, unless hes like possessed or brainwashed; it would havfe worked better if the alterans had ascended him...i dont know, this just doesnt seem like its a good idea to me
                        you're a big daniel fan, so i'll ask you this - what are you the most bothered by/afraid of with this storyline? is it that you think the writers will screw it up, or that you're afraid this is the writers way of taking daniel off the show, or?....

Im sure it will be cool but its got to be done right...him just becoming evil!! unless its like an Ori clone or him thats introduced, adria wanted her 'father' so created a replica of him and he became a prior, that would be cool, daniel having to fight a dark more powerfull version of himself.
                        daniel is *really* adria's father? this has been confirmed?

i've found every single spoiler so far to be sooooo far beneath what stargate used to be that *this* spoiler is the only one that's peaked my interest (in a good way, not the kind that you just have to see an ep to watch the train wreck you'll know come from it). and the funny thing is, daniel's far from being my fave character. so we'll see...

i just want the writers to take this storyline seriously. no jokes, no bawdy humor, no newbie heroics to take away from the original three's (sam-teal'c-daniel) importance and respect...

k, done whining.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                          I believe it was done on purpose to generate the generally positive buzz I'm seeing. Call it a "tactical" spoiler.
                          well, i hope it's a *real* spoiler, and that it doesn't just reveal that daniel was undercover and all's sweet and rosey with the world... give me some real depth!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            spoilers for other s10 eps included in this post.

you're a big daniel fan, so i'll ask you this - what are you the most bothered by/afraid of with this storyline? is it that you think the writers will screw it up, or that you're afraid this is the writers way of taking daniel off the show, or?....
                            I think one worry will be Daniel will be evil for good. I'm still holding Joe to his word that neither the producers or MS would let Daniel be irreparably damaged. And, we've seen Teal'c go evil, when he was brainwashed by Apophis, and he came back. This will be more difficult, I'm guessing, but again, if Joe is to be believed they can't make him evil permanently.

daniel is *really* adria's father? this has been confirmed?
                            Well, there were quotes around the word father, so I'm guessing they meant father in the emotional sense, rather than biological. But, that doesn't fit either, since I haven't heard Adria having any emotional attachment to him. I don't think hatred would count.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                              Just a thought.
                              What is the point of soft selling Origin? If they say "no thanks" will the prior/Daniel just go away? That's not really the Ori's M.O.

Another hint in the prior/fake prior debate?

Okay, what about this. Daniel is undercover (but what's with the hair and eyes? Again, a costume shop or beauty parlor on the planet that he slipped in and bought the necessary items). Somehow he's doing all this to infiltrate them. One loophole is, that's a pretty stupid plan. I get the feeling the Ori know what the priors are doing, which is why they're so quick to do the fire thing to them. So, they'll know that Daniel is not really doing the whole Ori message thing right. And, since they know who Daniel is, they'd be extra suspicious of him if he deviated from the program in any way. But, lets say they become surprisingly unsuspicious for awhile. But, later they come to the planet and give him some kind of test to prove his loyalty (one that involves maybe killing SG1???) and he can't find a way out without giving up his cover. And, if he doesn't, the entire planet will be wiped out. He wouldn't do it if it was just his life on the line.

Comment

Well, I've already posted why I don't like the undercover ploy.. but I like the idea that he has to choose between his team or wiping out an entire planet. What would he do in that situation? That's some very heavy stuff. I still really really like the idea that they call in Jack to have a lil' chat with Priorized Daniel. I love love love the Jack/Daniel friendship. It's one of the best relationships ever written but that can't seem to satisfy the slashers.. ahem, anyway, it's highly probable that Adria has something to do with it. Oh, I just remember another spoiler (for another episode):
                                Spoiler:
                                I forgot which episode it came from, but when Adria tried to prod Daniel's mind to gain information, she was surprised that he could resist her.

So, it's possible that Daniel can shield his thoughts from (if not the Ori) the Priors. I don't know, if he try to infiltrate the Ori, it's a possibility he could fool them.. for a short time anyway. So yeah, having him choose between his team or the planet could play out. That is, if all the speculations so far are anywhere near what the writers have in mind.

Heh, with all these speculations, I wonder how soon we can start expecting fanfictions to spring up like daisies on the net

Comment

Working...
                                X