We can respect each other and disagree.
    Indeed! Well said.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm not the biggest fan of Wormhole Extreme, but I'm willing to the episode a chance; therefore, I won't boycott an episode that I haven't even seen.

If I dislike the episode, I can avoid it in the reruns. I haven't seen the 100th episode in a few years now. Besides, spoilers are like rumors. They are often wrong or fine when in context. For example, the SGA episode Grace Under Pressure sounds dreadful based on its spoilers, but it was one of SGA's best this season.

When the 200th episode of SG-1 comes around, I plan on being thankful that SG-1 has had 200 episodes and will wish for another successful 100.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
        I like the fact that this board is likely filled with people who've never written a television script that was produced for airing (I'm not counting the stuff people have on their hard drives or depths of their closets), yet think they have a handle on what or should not be on the air.
        Well of course. I'm always surprised when this concept is received so badly. People may not know everything that goes into writing a script, but the audience knows what it likes. Readers make judgements of books. And, I'm sure a lot of those readers have never published, but I'd eat my hat if readers were constantly told that since they haven't written one, they have no reason to say that a book is badly written. People look at paintings and judge whether or not they like it, even without picking up a paintbrush. I can't sing a note, but I have no problem saying I think some famous singers are worse than me. And, there's nothing wrong with that.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I haven't actually seen Wormhole X-treme, but it doesn't sound like the best episode(based on the blurb on Gateworld), I'm willing to give '200' a try. I generally like SG-1's humor very much, so hopefully this will be funny too. Plus, the nod to Firefly/Serenity makes it cool in my book lol
          I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

Too bad it's too late to do anything about it now. They've probably already begun production. For them to make the episode differently, they'd have to throw out their current script (which they're all co-writing, apparentely) and start all over from the beginning.

Comment

I think no. I am one of the seemingly few who like Wormhole X-treme and I for one am hoping for what looks set to be a comedic and brilliant episode.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                I think no. I am one of the seemingly few who like Wormhole X-treme and I for one am hoping for what looks set to be a comedic and brilliant episode.
                Ah, but how could you possibly make such a "snap judgement" based on "just a few spoilers"?

Sorry. I'm simply amused by the double-standards around here.

Comment

the spoilers make it look like its gonna be funny I mean come on there going to do a part of the ep puppet style just like Team America which was an Ace film.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I think his point was that many of the people accusing us of making harsh judgments based on nothing but spoilers are making judgments about the shows worth based on the same spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Ah, but how could you possibly make such a "snap judgement" based on "just a few spoilers"?

Sorta gotta laugh. People judging on spoilers isn't much different than getting in a polling booth and trying to decide which lesser evil to elect to put in the WhiteHouse. You've got only so much information, and have to guess on the rest, and also make judgement on what news you do have.

Fact: Wormhole X-treme appears to be a love'em or hate'em episode in fandom. I'm on the "god, what were they thinking?" side when they showed that for the 100th episode. I'm afraid I've been spoiled by older, quality TV.

Fact: The writers are telling us how GREAT it's gonna be. I'm always leery when someone keeps forcing "it's great! it's wonderful! You're giong to LOVE it!" on me. Makes me wonder just why they keep saying that (and 9 times out of 10, the folks saying it do love it, it was a ball to make, but the overall product is, well, lacking).

I would LOVE to be pleasantly surprised with a really great episode, but so far it doesn't sound promising. I'll watch, but perahps I'll actually get out that brick I reserved for tossing at the TV (Universal Studios used to sell them). I've used them a few times, but maybe it would be better to stock up on strawberry wine coolers...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Well for one we're not teling everyone else to watch it or else.

Comment

Um, where did the "or else" come from? I haven't seen anyone say not to watch or else. The first poster said to join them in not watching in the hopes that it would change tptb's minds about it. While I still don't think it can change anything, I didn't see an or else in there. People are still perfectly free to watch if they want, and I didn't see anyone saying otherwise. The phrase "or else" does usually imply some kind of threat, and I don't see that happening here.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Bad wording. I apologize.

The point still stands though, I, at least, don't tell everyone to watch it, even if I think the episode will be pretty awesome from the spoilers.

Comment

And? Is it better not to tell people to watch? Someone suggested a boycott. So? What is that going to do? The people who agree will boycott. The people who don't, won't.

Anyway, that's a different thing from why it's okay to say something is going to be great beforehand, but wrong to say it's going to be lousy. Why must a person know everything to judge in a negative manner, but not in a positive one?

Funny, a lot of things have a different set of rules depending on if it's positive or negative. You say something is going to be bad before seeing it, you're making snap judgements. If you encourage someone to watch something (and people do. I started watching Stargate on someone else's recommendation) and that's perfectly fine. You encourage someone not to watch something, and that's wrong? If you say a show is great, it doesn't matter that you've never written for a tv show before. You say a show is bad, and suddenly you need to give proof of your screenwriter credentials to validate your opinion. And, no one has ever addressed this strange double standard directly or explained why it's so. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                                And? Is it better not to tell people to watch? Someone suggested a boycott. So? What is that going to do? The people who agree will boycott. The people who don't, won't.
                                He's still telling people what to do as if he has some sort of authority. That's the difference IMHO.

And yes, there is a difference between telling people to watch something and telling people not to. Those that watched because they were encouraged to watch will have a chance to decide if they like it or not. They can still hate it afterwards of course, that's their perogative. Those that didn't watch because some one convinced them not to, will never know whether they will like it or not.

That's the way I see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X