Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly can't boycott an episode as well, it wouldn't matter anyway. Unless you're a Nielsen person, you don't really count.

However, since I have expressed dire trepidation over the quality of this episode (and that RDA is in it) I will watch it so I can come back and go "see! see! I told you so! Jumped the shark! burn the prints!"

Plus I'm a completist and I'll probably watch SG1 till the bitter end, which, if the writing staff keeps coming up with winners like these, doesn't look all that far in the future, alas....

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
      Actually, it is only representative of some of the fanbase. I can tell you many people in the fandom who do not come to Gateworld because they just don't like it here.

There is a whole fanbase past GW and past the internet that has an opinion. And hell, even the opinions of the seasons here are pretty much even across the board. Just because one group screams loudest doesn't make their voice the only one.

Simply put, this is not a accurate and complete representation of the fanbase, and to pretend it is such is pointless.

And if the furlings were meantioned I am suprised, because I remember that TPTB wished they had never mentioned them. Incidently, they still might be introduced in the episode - and we hahve no guarentee the entire episode is going to be a comedy.

Incidently I kind of understand why people didn't like wormhole extreme and aren't looking forward to it being revisited. But I say, spoilers aren't the episode. Wait and see, sometimes things are better in 3D then they are on paper. And hell, Jack is returning for his first of many epsidoes.
      No disrespect Deevil, but I visit quite a few other forums re: Stargate in general, as well as character specific ones, and the 200th episode nonsense if pretty much being ripped apart on those sites as well. I know there are lost of others beyond what I visit however there seems to be a pttern re: WX nad the 200th that does not bode well and seems to encompass a lot more of the "fanbase" than GW, at least from what I see and read in many different places.

I for one, will not be watching this crap as I thought, and still think, that WX (a self-indulgent mess with TPTB patting themselves on the back to the almost complete and total lack of the original SG1 (except Jack) who really are a main reason for this show being the success it is and carrying the fanbsase it does) was one of the worst -- it is no longer THE worst since we have the added benefit of cooper as showrunner since S7 so there are quite a number of "worst" episodes I now have to pick from, including at least half of S9, IMO, of course. WX was a disgrace as a milestone 100th episode especially because it did not include the cast of the show, instead we got to watch another of the DeLuise clan, that kind of milestone tribute I can live without.

Comment

I found Wormhole Extreme very entertaining, more for comedic value than anything. I have an open mind for the 200th. At the convention last week, Martin Gero and John smith were both asked about the 200th episode. The only thing they would say was that it was a "different and unique" episode. It wouldn't be exactly like wormhole extreme, but it would be a fun and unique episode, bringing back "someone we all miss dearly." Really, give it a chance before sending it to the depths of dislike. You can't judge a book by it's cover, can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
          Most of us have read by now the idea for the 200th episode. The revisit to the Wormhole Xtreame storyline. I for one am disapointed and angry that the producers and writers would propose such a thing and sugest that we as the fans of the show boycott the episode or petition them to do something else.

Wormhole Xtream was one of the worst episode in that it wasn't stargate in the slightest. It was an episode that will live forever as one fo the worst of all time due to its total uselessness and annoying story.

Join fans everywhere in stopping this second travesty against the Stargate Franchise.
          1. There are fans who like "Wormhole X-Treme".
          2. It is too late to make them give up the scenario for "200".
          3. What do you really know about "200" ? We cannot say this is a bad episode before having seen it.

Comment

I agree with the OP. Wormhole X-treme is likely one of the worst SG-1 episodes I've ever seen.

I was really amazed when I read they were going to use that plot for the 200th episode.

Lets hope episode 250 will be better than 200

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
              <snip>

These Writers are writing episodes for themselves, and for you. They've given character development, theyve given fun space battles and laughs. WHY should the not be aloud to write an episode they enjoy?

THEY ARE NOT WRITING FOR US FANS COMPLETLY!
              THey are going to write what they want, to tell their story. IT's like people saying about 'their episode ides'.

Your episode ideas have very little to do with the story line, for all you know this episode might. WOW they said we MIGHT see the Furlings. Means bugger all.

Seriously, some of you need to get over the idea that you might not like something. I didnt like Wormhole X-treme that much, but i'll still watch it because I get that as writers, their writing for themselves, and doing an episode or two they are going to enjoy, that might not be contributed to the main story.

Have a good day.
              Because we are the viewers that watch the show, in turn get advertising for SciFi which keeps the writers having a job. So damn straight they'd better do what we want.

Comment

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

The 200th episode should be a good one, especially since Stargate SG1 has reached the 10th season, which is pretty good compared to many other SCI-FI shows. They gotta do something better, and not a funny or crappy episode like "Wormhole Xtreme", who cares about that fruity guy that everyone hates so much.

My thoughts is that the 200th episode should be a massive battle with stars from RDA, General Hammond (I forgot his real name), and a bunch of characters we haven't seen before.

This is going to suck and disapointing.
                Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

You've got to be kidding...

Revisiting one of the best mock/comedy episodes of SG-1 is a freakin awesome idea for a 200th episode.
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

narrow focused nation? that's the US to the T my friend.

anyway ya'll just don't watch everyone else will let ya know how it went <snip>
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 03 April 2006, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Woot all we need now is O'neill saying: *puts up Terminator voice* I'm BACK!

But I was looking forward to finally see the Furlings, not a comic ep

Save the comic for the 201st! (or the Furlings, well, then it doesn't matter to me)

Comment

Hey guys

Watch/don't watch, like/don't like

but respect your fellow posters.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                          Because we are the viewers that watch the show, in turn get advertising for SciFi which keeps the writers having a job. So damn straight they'd better do what we want.
                          No, you are not THE VIEWERS. You are A Viewer. You are just one out of thousands of people who watch the show. You are ONE, AND ONLY ONE person. Other people like it. Get over it.

Its a book, it has a story to tell. You throw jokes and comical events into a book at times. Ironism, Sarcasm, Cliches. They all exist in stories.

Saying they have to do what you want is like saying a writer of a book has to change his views to suite the general (yes your general) reader. In this case...viewer.
                          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
                            Wormhole Xtream was one of the worst episode in that it wasn't stargate in the slightest. It was an episode that will live forever as one fo the worst of all time due to its total uselessness and annoying story.
                            One of the greatest examples of a normative statement, ever.

I liked Wormhole X-Treme, I thought it was.... what's the word I'm looking for..... oh yeah...... funny.

One of the things I hate most about shows that become successful is they start to take themselves too serious, and are always trying to push boundaries or be ultra-dramatic. SG-1 has done a fantastic job of keeping the balance between drama and comedy.

So I'm sorry, but I won't be boycotting the episode, and I hope Atlantis ep. 100 is just as light-hearted and funny.

Comment

I have to comment that we seem to have come full circle in regard to episode 200. For the past months there have been fans that have had concerns, complaints, etc. over season 9. (I am one of them) We were basically told to a) stop watching b) I must not be a real Stargate fan c) just complain in one thread (that's my personal favorite) 4)accept change as a necessary part of life 5) view all the changes as a part of Stargate growth 6) I must be an obsessive RDA fan. 6) basically told to go away and stop bothering everyone. Now, some of the same people who loved season 9 have complaints, concerns about one episode in season 10 and are voicing these concerns and trying to convince others that it is legitimate, that many people feel this way and that they are true Stargate fans. Do you SEE the irony???

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                                One of the greatest examples of a normative statement, ever.

I liked Wormhole X-Treme, I thought it was.... what's the word I'm looking for..... oh yeah...... funny.

One of the things I hate most about shows that become successful is they start to take themselves too serious, and are always trying to push boundaries or be ultra-dramatic. SG-1 has done a fantastic job of keeping the balance between drama and comedy.

So I'm sorry, but I won't be boycotting the episode, and I hope Atlantis ep. 100 is just as light-hearted and funny.

Well said, my friend.

You are officially my new hero. I will create a statue of you and rub it's belly every morning for luck and all will be well with Stargate.
                                It feels good to be alive.
                                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
                                X