This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a shocking idea.
    One the "anti-season 9/10 thread" people don't get.
    Don't like something?
    Don't watch it.

Comment

Okay, people have the right to complain about the show. They still care about it, and they complain. It's okay.

Just don't read the anti-threads if you don't want to hear what they are saying.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

You're basing the entire episode on SPOILERS? Gosh, the old cliche of judging a book by it's covers comes to mind.

Anyway, why would you want to boycott it? If it's an episode you abhor, shouldn't you want to watch it even more? You could find specific points that you hate about it, you could back up your arguments by stating the idiotic facts from the episode. Why on Earth would you want to skip it?

So, You hate the SG epsiode 200?
        Yes! With all my soul!
        Well, why do you hate it?
        The return of Wormhole X-treme! It's a mockery to the show!
        What were the worst things you dislike in 200?
        Errrr... I didn't watch it.
        Oh, well then...

You see?
        Last edited by The Prophet; 03 April 2006, 05:34 AM.

Comment

I'll admit it's not what i wanted, but as people have mentioned, spoilers aren't everything.

I'll watch it (with brain switched off), forget it's the 200th, and just treat it as a funny ep, and you never know, i might just enjoy it (i mean, Window of Opportunity is my all time fave). And if i don't , i know where to come to slate it.

As for Atlantis ... well - 20 episodes per season ... the 100th episode of that is due to be the last ep of season 5, so it's less likely to be a silly one.

Besides, there's little else on telly atm, i enjoy as much as Stargate, even in recent years.
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I think we will have to wait and see. TPTB will try to keep as much of the details as secret as they can. From doing some thinking and the way other shows have handled their milestones eps, it is safe to say that we really cant assume anything until we see it.

Comment

i find it funny how a vocal few think that they speak for the masses simply because THEY feel strongly about it.

Wormhole extreme was, to me, a hilarious episode. ,,,you say 100th and 200th eps are supposed be grand sweeping things.....says who? Just because other shows do it this way what makes you think SG1 has to be same?

They have broken many taboos and traditions....I personally would like to see a meaningful storyline but unlike others I can appreciate the creativity of the writers, producers and actors who have made this show thier lives. While we as fans may enjoy the show and love everything or hate everything about it...most of us have other things we do...jobs, family etc..., They live it every day at work.
              So my advice to you is this: Stop speaking for the masses. Speak for yourself. Id be willing to bet you that your as big a SG1 fan as I am and I also be willing to bet that you really wont miss the ep. You will say all you want vent and get yourself all worked up but you will watch it.
              The emotion that you display means you are invested in it.

What good would come from you organizing thousands of people to stop watching? no good.... All it would do is hurt the franchise that you love and make them LESS likely to take chances and do things different than all other shows on TV.
              jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

This is quite interesting.

When the original Wormhole XTreme aired, I was only a casual viewer of Stargate. I didn't even make a strong effort to see it every week. I certainly wasn't in the online fan community for the show.

I remember enjoying it, liking the show business jokes, and was impressed that the PTB didn't take themselves or the show that seriously. That was a good thing for my opinion of the show at the time.

Now that I am part of the online community, nuances in the fan community like the subset who hate this particular episode constantly surprise me.

Revisiting it doesn't seem inappropriate for a 200th episode. The whole "200th episode" thing is an artificial construct of show business. The "Wormhole XTreme" is about acknowledging that you are just a TV show and making fun of that.

Even proposing a boycott seems somehow appropriate. An episode about not taking yourself too seriously gets a reaction that is all about taking yourself too seriously. There seems to be some devine balance there. Maybe they can slip a joke about it in the script. Maybe they can have the producer receive a petition from the rabid online fans telling them what to put in the movie and show the producers cracking up about it.
                Last edited by MediaSavant; 03 April 2006, 06:08 AM.

Comment

If the anti-WX fans are such a minority, then why the hell does anyone care if those fans "boycott" the ep and what does it matter how "irrational" or "lame" their reasons are?

Why does it have to reach the point where you need to ridicule or insult other fans? If people don't want to watch, that's their perogative. If they're basing it off "spoilers and rumor" so what? Is it any different than getting all psyched about an ep based on those same rumors and spoilers? Fans speculate. It's what they do. Just because some have a more negative skew to things than others doesn't mean they're any more "wrong" than the folks who are waxing ecstatic about it.

Comment

Oh gosh! not one of these threads again... Judging an episode and getting mad on a couple of spoilers.

Anyway, I don't understand all the hate about Wormhole X-treme. It was a very funny episode and I can tell you that it was really appreciated in France.

Keep in mind that the cast and crew of Stargate Sg-1 owe the fans nothing. It's their show. Of course if there weren't any fans it wouldn't have been as succesfull. But the gateworld fanbase represent only a few part of the Stargate audience (around 3 million viewers in US, 1 million in the Uk, 3 million in France etc).

Making a petition about an episode from a tv show... kinda pointless. If you guys put the same energy in worthy causes, the world would be a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                      Oh gosh! not one of these threads again... Judging an episode and getting mad on a couple of spoilers.
                      I ask again: How is it any different from judging an ep and getting all EXCITED about it based on a couple of spoilers?

Anyway, I don't understand all the hate about Wormhole X-treme. It was a very funny episode and I can tell you that it was really appreciated in France.
                      And you speak for all of France, do you? Sorry, I just find this blanket statement amusing after the previous few posts about people claiming to speak for the majority when they're only speaking for themselves or some narrow-focused faction.

And while it may be your opinion that WX was a great ep, that doesn't make it a fact. Me, I liked it, too, but some people didn't and I would never presume to tell them that they were WRONG. Different strokes for different folks and aall that jazz.

Comment

My views on Wormhole Xtreame be it a good or bad episode are simply that it was not worthy of a 100th episode, and the proposed idea that the 200th episode will be a kind of revisit is a mockery of Stargate. As a one off episode Wormhole Xtreame could of been good and funny but as a milestone episode it is a disapointment. The milestone episode should be jsut that, a milestone. With all manner of action and adventure and discovery that have made stargate great. the 100th and 200th episodes should be examples of the best aspects of Stargate, not the joke episodes they seem to be.

Comment

The informations about episode 200 maybe faked to confuse the fans and make the surpriese when the real episode 200 is on air even bigger?

By the way: Janet for episode 200!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olli
                            The informations about episode 200 maybe faked to confuse the fans and make the surpriese when the real episode 200 is on air even bigger?
                            This is what I'm hoping for.
                            The writers for LOST seem to have done it that way with this entire second season so my fingers are still crossed but at the same time ... I'm not holding my breath.

Adrianne
                            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
                              Most of us have read by now the idea for the 200th episode. The revisit to the Wormhole Xtreame storyline. I for one am disapointed and angry that the producers and writers would propose such a thing and sugest that we as the fans of the show boycott the episode or petition them to do something else.

Wormhole Xtream was one of the worst episode in that it wasn't stargate in the slightest. It was an episode that will live forever as one fo the worst of all time due to its total uselessness and annoying story.

Join fans everywhere in stopping this second travesty against the Stargate Franchise.
                              Not sure how it will stop it a second time, maybe a third ... but really, as if any of you will really miss the episode... even if you don't watch it on TV one of your 'cousins who recorded it' will probably send you it...

Comment

Hey, I'm all for Liking/Disliking of Stargate Episodes, critisizing episodes is what makes the Good epsiodes continue & the bad episodes diminish, it' healthy for Stargate for this to happen. The only thing I see wrong with it is judging episodes of spoilers, even if it's a good episode or a bad episode I'd prefer to see the ep before make a valid conclusion of it's worth. I might make a little judgement on what it sounds like, but not drasticlly judge it like that "!"

So, Boycotting an episode that you don't like the sound of is rather idiotic. If I read a spoiler of an upcoming episode that sounded awful, I'd watch it anyway, just to see if my pre-judgments were correct or incorrect & what were the worst parts of the episode. That would allow me to put my views across to other fans, saying "I don't want to see Sam & Cam kiss again, it was just pathetic." If I hadn't seen the epsiode, I would have no valid opinion of what Sam & Cam kissing would have been like.

It would be the same as stating a spoiler rumor as fact. Like if there was a question: "Who are the Furlings?" & I reply saying that in an upcoming episode, The Furlings & Foothold Aliens appear, so therefor, The Furlings are the Foothold Aliens. -This would have no basis in fact, as the spoilers are very unvalid & quite vague. You see?

Comment

Working...
                                X