This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Esquin
    Dont do that i'm getting sick of you bullying types insulting people so how about you just stop.

And I may not be speaking for the entire fanbase but m certainly speaking for the {Mod Snip}, and {Mod Snip}know the difference between good stargate and a poor excuse for an episode.
    Nice to know that I don't count as a Stargate fan because I happened to like Wormhole Xtreme and I'm looking forward to the 200th episode.

But hey, the fact that you don't like the premise of the 200th episode is your opinion and that does not make this episode a poor episode.

But then opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one and everyone thinks theirs doesn't stink.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 06 April 2006, 05:41 PM. Reason: edit to quoted post

Comment

And I may not be speaking for the entire fanbase but m certainly speaking for {Mod Snip}, {Mod Snip}who know the difference between good stargate and a poor excuse for an episode.
      *restraining ... the urge ... to explode*

I'm a mellow person. I don't usually get annoyed by what i see here (and i'm not overjoyed about the idea for the ep ... see my ealier post), BUT...

I can't believe someone said that....

you think YOU'RE opinion is so high and mighty, that you and those with you are the only ones who's OPINIONS should count? And all the people with a different opinion are misguided fools and should be petted on the head and sent to the psych ward. {Mod Snip} Good grief.

BREAKING NEWS, SUNSHINE - ALL OPINIONS ARE EQUALLY VALID AND 'COUNT' EQUALLY.

*walks away, shaking head*
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 06 April 2006, 05:42 PM. Reason: edit to quoted post
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Dont do that i'm getting sick of you bullying types insulting people so how about you just stop.

And I may not be speaking for the entire fanbase but m certainly speaking for Mod Snip}, and {Mod Snip} know the difference between good stargate and a poor excuse for an episode.
        Since you are clearly breaking one Forum rule with voicing your opinion this post will stand WITH EDITS However, let me take a moment to remind you that you can only state YOUR opinion and you DO NOT speak for anyone but yourself since there is no one else standing behind you at your computer screen.

This is flagrant disrepect of the other Forum Members and it is it insulting to think that only those that agree with your POV are the *Ones who Count* Your POV and any relevant thoughts are lost due to the fact that in your arrogance you have forgotten that ALL POVs are welcome here.
        Last edited by TameFarrar; 06 April 2006, 05:46 PM.
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

And I may not be speaking for the entire fanbase but m certainly speaking for {Mod Snip}, and {Mod Snip} know the difference between good stargate and a poor excuse for an episode.
          Well golly, that's certainly a nice way to encourage discussion. I know it may be surprising to you so I hope you can handle the shock but...wait for it...yours is not the only opinion on this here Earth. I know it's shocking but there it is. I loved Wormhole Xtreme and I'm actually quite looking forward to episode 200. By your reasoning that just makes me some poor rube who doesn't know the difference between good and bad t.v.. Well as much as I want to earn you approval I guess that I'll just have to live with that.
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 06 April 2006, 05:44 PM.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Eh, I think everyone has the no opinion is more valid covered.

Now, I need to hunt down some more ways of referring to the episode. How many disparaging words can be made from the letter X?
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Why don't we all give the episode a chance before condemning it to death without a fair trial?

Comment

Hmm, why? Because I don't have to. I can speculate that it's going to be Craphole X-Treme (not one of my best). Just like others can speculate that it's going to be great.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

I'm just keeping an open mind. You may all find ther 200th to be a great episode.

Ok, granted that Wormhole Extreme may not have been one of the best episodes, but i liked it and enjoyed it. It almost seems like the wormhole extreme story wasn't closed, so maybe the 200th episode closes that story line.

Comment

Wait? There was a story?

Comment

When has fandom EVER been fair? When have you ever known ANYONE not to judge things before it comes out? Do you ever go out to see a movie even though it sounds like utter crap just because "it might be good"? Do you ever read the second book in a series even though you thought the first one was awful? If you thought the album by that popular band was pretty good, but what you read about the second album made it sound like a trashier remix of all the songs on the first one, would you still listen?

Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I loved WX, but I have no interest in WX2. And as much as I thought the first one was funny, the second one just sounds... stupid. I'm sorry, but PUPPETS?! I loathe the Thunderbird/Team America-style puppets in every incarnation I've ever seen, so why on earth would I want to see them on Stargate? Loathe, lothe, lothe, despise. I would prefer that every puppet of that style be piled into a massive heap and incinerated. LOATHE them. The fact that they're going to be used on Stargate says nothing but bad things to me. Maybe OTHERS like it, maybe others can keep an open mind, but for me personally, there is no way in the nine hells I would ever set eye on that ep.

Comment

Okay, lets look at this calmly. There's an episode coming up. People have looked at spoilers, know it's a sequel to a certain episode (creative title #46 pending) and have formed opinions based on these and other facts. One general group of people hate the idea of the episode. They will either not watch, or they'll watch and if it bears out the way they think, will comment on the episode after it airs and start a rash of "Begone, foul hag to the muck of the anti season 10 thread!" *points to self and sticks out tongue* The other group are looking forward to the episode or are withholding an opinion, and are going to watch with eagerness or neutrality. If the episode bears out their expectations, they will come in and comment with glee. Okay? Sounds about right? I'm sure within each group there are subsections I don't know about, but the broad definition sounds good. Now. Both views are fine. Both are okay. No one is wrong. No one should be told if they don't line up with one group, that they aren't doing it right.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                          BREAKING NEWS, SUNSHINE - ALL OPINIONS ARE EQUALLY VALID AND 'COUNT' EQUALLY.

*walks away, shaking head*
                          LOL! I totally agree.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

And I may not be speaking for the entire fanbase but m certainly speaking for {Mod Snip} the difference between good stargate and a poor excuse for an episode.

{Mod Snip}
                            Honestly...some people have NO sense of humor. This will be a fantastic and FUNNY episode. A great thing for a 200th eps.

Welp! That's another hour long lunch i've wasted arguing over stupid matters. Time to go back to work.
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 06 April 2006, 05:46 PM. Reason: edit to quoted post & personal remarks
                            It feels good to be alive.
                            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

And I may not be speaking for the entire fanbase but m certainly speaking for {Mod Snip}know the difference between good stargate and a poor excuse for an episode.
                              Wow. That's rather arrogant. Of course, it has opened my eyes to a new theory for the universe.

{Mod Snip}
                              Keep in mind - satire is protected speech.
                              Mod Insert - satire regarding fellow members is not

Wow, what a 1,000th post!
                              Last edited by TameFarrar; 06 April 2006, 05:48 PM. Reason: edit to quoted post and personal remarks

Comment

My ideal 200th episode includes the Asgard, an Earth ship, a funny Star Trek reference and FURLINGS!!! But I doubt that will ever happen...

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X